Wiping Officials: The big Reddit discussion

JetJaguar

45 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

Exactly. So please stop insisting on a wipe. You are HELLBENT on a wipe but don't speak for Wildcard. its an extremely strong opinion you have of what you want. Others disagree.  You cant say what you said there and then make comments like "i just really want people to realize that the future of the game is a wipe." - No, that's your opinion, that's not the "future" of the game and not everyone shares your opinion.

Here, try this:

You are right. It is my opinion and as far as I am concerned I know that it is going to happen. So, you think I am wrong but that's just your opinion. I am merely calling out what I say the future will be. You are on here being very rude and it's uncalled for. This post was just insulting. If you aren't going to contribute please leave.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andydav said:

Volcano637,

I've seen a lot of your posts and you could use a cup of humility.

"I'm just calling out what I say the future will be ".. b..please..  "Please leave" yourself.

Please stay on topic. People like you always want to ruin the thread. Contribute or leave.

and so I stay on topic, yes I am calling it. That is something people do. Some people are saying no matter what they won't wipe and I am saying they will.

and then here you are with a complain that doesn't contribute. Smh

Volcano has strong opinions like everyone else on this subject.l,hes entitled to an opinion just like everyone else.

All everyone does when it comes to this sort of topic is argue.

Nobody knows whats gonna happen.

WC have said they will try to avoid a wipe,so lets all suck it up and just be bloody patient.l,then whatever happens we can all argue again over i told you so.

2 minutes ago, oScottieHo said:

Volcano has strong opinions like everyone else on this subject.l,hes entitled to an opinion just like everyone else.

All everyone does when it comes to this sort of topic is argue.

Nobody knows whats gonna happen.

WC have said they will try to avoid a wipe,so lets all suck it up and just be bloody patient.l,then whatever happens we can all argue again over i told you so.

Thank you for contributing Scottie. And you are right I can't really know for sure. I am still 99 % sure but as you said I do have a strong opinion on the matter. Let's just wait and see

15 hours ago, Wodlez said:

Guess what...They have a game mode for this... People are asking for wipes and they are given wipes in extinction (I think is the name). However the majority of players like the game how it is, and don't want it wiped so it shouldn't get wiped for the few that want to just be awkward

Not sure if your an duper or idiot a or just got an dev handout lol the majority of players are the noobs on the beach or the 5 man noob tribes my guess is your in one of these you have a little bases with a few dozen quezs which you are terrified to loose because you did it legit. But your missing the point if thats the case a wipe gives you a chance to fight a 'fair' fight and the devs a chance to not handout broken dino and items to some tribes by 'mistake' it gives them a chance to get duping and cheating under control sure people will continue to do it but if patched and monitored closely it will have little impact on the game unlike right now lol. That said if they want to keep it how it is thats fine with me nm a dup was publicly released on youtube that worked nicely for 48h until patch it really makes little difference i've seen that much duping in the past that who cares about this round anyone that did have there vaults full already was either to dumb to figure it out or just retains an ethical stance on the issue. But all that in reality doesnt even matter when WC donst care at all about ddos or hacking, dup as much as you like it will never stop a decent ddoser attack the only thing that will save then is being in the right alliance like me or a wipe and a few active devs that care about there game.

Uhm, if WildCard does NOT do a wipe, I'd consider them the biggest idiots of the 21st century. You CANNOT have a huge influx of players starting out on PVE severs that are already Dino capped, or near cap. You CANNOT have a huge influx of players starting out on PVP servers with an Alpha who's been there for quite some time, with  established Chinese/Russian Zerg tribes consistently bouncing between servers, etc. It doesn't matter if you make 'that many more new servers' to compensate for the bunches of new players- becasue unless they are personally directing new players to these servers amongst the large list, then these players are truly in for disappointment.  My two sense. I'd imagine only a handful quitting anyway, as I'm assuming most others will, although upset, start fresh again. Imo it's the best option and therefore I think it will be done. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Madadhalluidh said:

Better question... when is the game actually going to release?

I don't understand why everyone wants the game to be officially released. I personally don't. The longer it takes, the longer we get new content to discover and enjoy. Today, everyone is mad because the game is in development, tomorrow they will be mad because they no longer get fresh content, the next day they will be mad because new paid DLCs will be released. In conclusion, people are never happy.

8 minutes ago, Critter said:

Uhm, if WildCard does NOT do a wipe, I'd consider them the biggest idiots of the 21st century. You CANNOT have a huge influx of players starting out on PVE severs that are already Dino capped, or near cap. You CANNOT have a huge influx of players starting out on PVP servers with an Alpha who's been there for quite some time, with  established Chinese/Russian Zerg tribes consistently bouncing between servers, etc. It doesn't matter if you make 'that many more new servers' to compensate for the bunches of new players- becasue unless they are personally directing new players to these servers amongst the large list, then these players are truly in for disappointment.  My two sense. I'd imagine only a handful quitting anyway, as I'm assuming most others will, although upset, start fresh again. Imo it's the best option and therefore I think it will be done. 

because a wipe will magically make platform and dino caps go away, right? Pillars would never return to pve after a wipe and alpha tribes will go the way of the dodo bird with a wipe on pvp? Yeah.. oh! Or maybe we can wipe every year and start fresh?

Our server is highly active with new players all the time. Despite pillars and caps. I guess its all how the people are on your server..

11 minutes ago, Critter said:

11 minutes ago, Critter said:

They will stay for the majority. And out of the people that said will quit half of them wouldn't actually do it. They would definitely throw a fit, but they are just trying to give an ultimatum to wildcard. An empty threat pretty much

EDIT: oops, not sure how I double quoted but oh well

44 minutes ago, Unseen said:

Not sure if your an duper or idiot a or just got an dev handout lol the majority of players are the noobs on the beach or the 5 man noob tribes my guess is your in one of these you have a little bases with a few dozen quezs which you are terrified to loose because you did it legit. But your missing the point if thats the case a wipe gives you a chance to fight a 'fair' fight and the devs a chance to not handout broken dino and items to some tribes by 'mistake' it gives them a chance to get duping and cheating under control sure people will continue to do it but if patched and monitored closely it will have little impact on the game unlike right now lol. That said if they want to keep it how it is thats fine with me nm a dup was publicly released on youtube that worked nicely for 48h until patch it really makes little difference i've seen that much duping in the past that who cares about this round anyone that did have there vaults full already was either to dumb to figure it out or just retains an ethical stance on the issue. But all that in reality doesnt even matter when WC donst care at all about ddos or hacking, dup as much as you like it will never stop a decent ddoser attack the only thing that will save then is being in the right alliance like me or a wipe and a few active devs that care about there game.

I don't play PvP buddy I'm not worried about fighting fair, i can understand PvP being wiped by pve? Really it'll solve nothing honestly, there's always going to be the pillar equivalent people will use

Could you guys imagine buying the finished game at 59.99, coming in, building up on a "new server" for a few days, and having some asshole alpha tribe that used the platform metal glitch, and duping glitches come transfer in to that fresh server and wipe your poop with infinite rockets and launchers? How unfair is THAT? 

Wiping is the ONLY option. Wildcard has created this situation. It is not fair to anyone. Just like real life isnt fair. Even if the game was super hashed out and had no issues with duping/cheating/glitching why would you even WANT to have such an upper hand on new players? 

I myself would like to start out fresh, fair and square with the new players. Having played before is advantage enough. Don't be pricks. Its a game, and for me, some of the best of this game is the early stages. Stop whining about all the time you've put in (Im at 3500 hours) and just accept a fresh start is the only way this will be successful for new players when the game comes out... and lets face it, wildcard, and us as players need them for the future of the franchise...

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't understand why everyone wants the game to be officially released. I personally don't. The longer it takes, the longer we get new content to discover and enjoy. Today, everyone is mad because the game is in development, tomorrow they will be mad because they no longer get fresh content, the next day they will be mad because new paid DLCs will be released. In conclusion, people are never happy.

I certainly dont feel this way. I'm sick of them "moving the goal post" in the game with new content. I want a predictable, finished, polished game. Im sick of all the new content changing the chemistry of how the game is played. 

1 hour ago, JetJaguar said:

because a wipe will magically make platform and dino caps go away, right? Pillars would never return to pve after a wipe and alpha tribes will go the way of the dodo bird with a wipe on pvp? Yeah.. oh! Or maybe we can wipe every year and start fresh?

Our server is highly active with new players all the time. Despite pillars and caps. I guess its all how the people are on your server..

That's nice and all, but irrelevant lol. So irrelevant to the bigger picture lol 

If your stating that Wildcard is going to upgrade hardware, fix the pillar issue, and increase the server cap or rid of it before release, AND reconsider wiping, then I'll adhere to your side of the argument suggesting not to wipe. Until then, wipe them at release. 

Well just finished the video. I have a new found extra respect for the devs now. It takes fortitude to be able to admit your mistakes. Now this is a wipe thread so I am going to use their feature scorecard for an official wipe. For those who have not watched the video, the categories are as follows: does wildcard want it, does the community want it, good for new players, beneficial to development, lacks controversy, easy to implement, and can we do a great job. They rate the score card as follows: a ✅ for positive and X for negative, and a - for neutral.

as everyone knows I am bias towards the wipe but I will do my best not to be. Here is the scorecard for the official wipe

official wipe

feature scorecard 

does wilcard want it: either a ✅ or a -(they will want the new start, that's why they aren't dead set against it)

does the community want it: X or - (that is just in case some people think there are more players that don't want the wipe)

good for new players: ✅ (we all know it will be)

beneficial to development: X OR - (I still did this to be fair because some will say it won't be)

lacks controversy: X (big time x, easily the most controversial topic in the game)

easy to implement: ✅ (so easy to implement)

can we do a great job: ✅ (no way to mess that up, less hassle than creating new servers)

i think I did a good job at fairly assessing the scorecard. And even with the fair score which that score card I don't agree with it would still have more than enough points for wildcard to go ahead with the wipe. 

EDIT: wanted to make this a whole thread but didn't want it to be merged ? @GamerPerfection Would this be a merged topic? It is about the wipe but also how they use the scorecard. Either way is fine but I thought I was pretty fair with it and was wanting to see other people's scorecards

6 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Well just finished the video. I have a new found extra respect for the devs now. It takes fortitude to be able to admit your mistakes. Now this is a wipe thread so I am going to use their feature scorecard for an official wipe. For those who have not watched the video, the categories are as follows: does wildcard want it, does the community want it, good for new players, beneficial to development, lacks controversy, easy to implement, and can we do a great job. They rate the score card as follows: a ✅ for positive and X for negative, and a - for neutral.

as everyone knows I am bias towards the wipe but I will do my best not to be. Here is the scorecard for the official wipe

official wipe

feature scorecard 

does wilcard want it: either a ✅ or a -(they will want the new start, that's why they aren't dead set against it)

does the community want it: X or - (that is just in case some people think there are more players that don't want the wipe)

good for new players: ✅ (we all know it will be)

beneficial to development: X OR - (I still did this to be fair because some will say it won't be)

lacks controversy: X (big time x, easily the most controversial topic in the game)

easy to implement: ✅ (so easy to implement)

can we do a great job: ✅ (no way to mess that up, less hassle than creating new servers)

i think I did a good job at fairly assessing the scorecard. And even with the fair score which that score card I don't agree with it would still have more than enough points for wildcard to go ahead with the wipe. 

Hypothetically, lets say that people are right, that not everyone who says they'd quit if WC wipes the servers did so. They would be angry, yes? We've seen the things people will do without that anger. So let me ask you this... How exactly is having all of that anger in the game, possessed by the people who know how to advance quickly, and the best ways to make things rough on new players, good for those new players?

Fresh servers restricted to newer players only for at least a month, and in an isolated cluster for at least three times that keeps the current people happy, while still providing a fresh environment for the new players.

Archived