Wipe or not to wipe?

Pommer

9 hours ago, sal said:

No its useless, we are only weeks away from the next dupe exploit. At this rate you need to wipe monthly ..

Wildcard should focus on implementing things that allow them to IDENTIFY the cheater/dupers and then wipe them. This will change the mindset of the community.

THIS.

But sadly, I don't think the devs even have the slightest clue on how to do this and enforce it without having to hire an army of staff dedicated to running around servers all day long identifying hackers.  With the hastily introduced server transfers, this issue is just magnified many factors over.  I have to wonder if the benefits of server transfer still outweigh the cost.

At some point Ark will be nothing but a bunch of lifeless [][][][][] all killing each other.  gg!!

9 hours ago, sal said:

No its useless, we are only weeks away from the next dupe exploit. At this rate you need to wipe monthly ..

Wildcard should focus on implementing things that allow them to IDENTIFY the cheater/dupers and then wipe them. This will change the mindset of the community.

This. They should be able to take an inventory and wipe only those items which are deemed duped. 

Just wipe PVP, PVE does nothing but stack resources and tames anyway may as well just wipe PVP. Yeah sure 90% of us are sitting on Monster bases with 360+ base Pteranadons, but duping has been going on for a while now 30 hours isn't nearly enough but it's the most they could get away with doing, I'm sure there are thousands of duped content still out there. I'd prefer to get cleanly wiped now than later if another duping exploit hits, at least it will vastly reduce the volume of what they can dupe.

10 hours ago, Currahee said:

This. They should be able to take an inventory and wipe only those items which are deemed duped. 

5 hours ago, Morloa said:

Just wipe PVP, PVE does nothing but stack resources and tames anyway may as well just wipe PVP. Yeah sure 90% of us are sitting on Monster bases with 360+ base Pteranadons, but duping has been going on for a while now 30 hours isn't nearly enough but it's the most they could get away with doing, I'm sure there are thousands of duped content still out there. I'd prefer to get cleanly wiped now than later if another duping exploit hits, at least it will vastly reduce the volume of what they can dupe.

10 hours ago, theronin said:

THIS.

But sadly, I don't think the devs even have the slightest clue on how to do this and enforce it without having to hire an army of staff dedicated to running around servers all day long identifying hackers.  With the hastily introduced server transfers, this issue is just magnified many factors over.  I have to wonder if the benefits of server transfer still outweigh the cost.

At some point Ark will be nothing but a bunch of lifeless [][][][][] all killing each other.  gg!!

20 hours ago, sal said:

Ok to those who are saying just get rid of duped items, what about jump puzzle items or the fishing bps from fishing rod patch, I know at the time they were gotten without cheating, but it's still an extremely unfair advantage that anyone who's started playing after those times can't compete with a 800% damage pike 

No, I spent way too much time and effort into breeding/taming and would have not done so otherwise. Cry babies need to just stop playing ark if you demand a full wipe just so you are happy. You are literally 1 percent of a player base and you want things done so you can be happy.

Make new serves and go have fun over there, go join the new no taming servers sounds like that would be the only way to make you all happy.

On 3/2/2017 at 3:00 AM, Pommer said:

Wipe or not to wipe?

We all know the reasons to wipe and not to wipe official servers, I don't want a discussion about it, I want to gauge an understanding of wether people want a wipe or not, no reasoning just a yes (to wipe) or no (not to wipe).

Ill start off with a yes 

Of course you have a reason. You want wildcard to do what you have been unable to do, and thats beat the alpha tribe that you yourself want to replace. You believe that if you and others keep posting these threads Wildcard will succumb to mob-rule. Well guess what? They've clearly stated countless times that they WILL NOT wipe. So your choice is this... become a better, more knowledgible player, and maybe one day you'll catch the alpha tribe slacking on the job, or go get yourself a private server and you become the defacto alpha tribe,

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived