Kiting Wild dinos to bases/tames is ok on PvE?

MultiKore

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/banning-guidlines/

Not cool Wildcard. The banning guidelines page was recently changed and the above action was removed from the banning guidelines. Does this mean someone can freely kite a giga into/near someone's base or tames and suffer no consequences from it? This is really lame if this is the case..

If it's against the rules, then no, it's not the only thing you can do to stop them. The correct responses are:

A. Report them if they are breaking rules such as harassment

B. Find a more friendly server.

The answer is NEVER to utilize an exploit, cheat, or prohibited method of gameplay to deal with griefers.

If kiting is now acceptable behavior, which It previously wasn't and I'm not certain that has changed, then there is nothing stopping you from doing it but I would still refrain from doing it.

Besides, if you kite to stop a griefer, what is keeping the griefer from kiting to your base? Retaliation in a such a manner, on PVE at least, isn't a very permanent method of dealing with troublemakers.

4 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

If it's against the rules, then no, it's not the only thing you can do to stop them. The correct responses are:

A. Report them if they are breaking rules such as harassment

B. Find a more friendly server.

The answer is NEVER to utilize an exploit, cheat, or prohibited method of gameplay to deal with griefers.

If kiting is now acceptable behavior, which It previously wasn't and I'm not certain that has changed, then there is nothing stopping you from doing it but I would still refrain from doing it.

Besides, if you kite to stop a griefer, what is keeping the griefer from kiting to your base? Retaliation in a such a manner, on PVE at least, isn't a very permanent method of dealing with troublemakers.

You are right about what's to stop them but sometimes it's really the only way on pve to get them to stop, at least for awhile. There is 0 recourse to griefers on pve and we just have to deal? Nah....I dont/won't buy that

4 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

You are right about what's to stop them but sometimes it's really the only way on pve to get them to stop, at least for awhile. There is 0 recourse to griefers on pve and we just have to deal? Nah....I dont/won't buy that

Griefing is against the rules, so again. Reporting it is a rather easy way to counter it. It's not an immediate fix due to the turn around time on the ban, but its a permanent, legitimate way to deal with them

2 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

Griefing is against the rules, so again. Reporting it is a rather easy way to counter it. It's not an immediate fix due to the turn around time on the ban, but its a permanent, legitimate way to deal with them

Yes and so is kiting, at least it was, but to get a player whose only mission it is is to kite large dinos to destroy your stuff or block spawns and is relentless,  on PVE what are you to do?  Wait months and then if you have no proof then you are sol?

4 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Yes and so is kiting, at least it was, but to get a player whose only mission it is is to kite large dinos to destroy your stuff or block spawns and is relentless,  on PVE what are you to do?  Wait months and then if you have no proof then you are sol?

This will be my last post for this topic, didn't mean to divert the original topic.

Yeah, reporting is pretty much the only option. Think of it like this: What is the issue? If you login and there is a big enemy gate blocking access from your base, you may think that is the primary issue. It's not. The primary symptom is that there is someone on your server that is hostile towards you and breaking rules to harass you.

So, if you kite a dino to take down the gate, you have just potentially broken a rule to address a symptom of the issue. The primary issue hasn't been resolved at that point.

That's why reporting a harassing player is the best solution, you are using the only legit method to deal with the root issue.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, MultiKore said:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/banning-guidlines/

Not cool Wildcard. The banning guidelines page was recently changed and the above action was removed from the banning guidelines. Does this mean someone can freely kite a giga into/near someone's base or tames and suffer no consequences from it? This is really lame if this is the case..

Not entirely sure where you got the idea that it's been recently changed.

• Volunteer Moderator

This is how is used to read:

• PvE Server (Blocking players from getting out of their bases, obstructing pathways/waterways, dragging wild dinos into bases, etc.)

How it reads now:

• PvE Server (Blocking players from getting out of their bases, obstructing pathways/waterways, etc.)

it is not against as I was told by an admin. we had a peaceful server until this tribe of 3 started kiting just yesterday and there is nothing we can do but to retaliate and I already has an open claim about something else so when I brought this up with the admin he said it is no longer against the rules in pve

Build your base so alphas cannot get in couple layers of behemoth with turrets and plants will do the trick...enough plants will kill a giga turrets just add to the firepower in my opinion wild dinos are part of PvE how they get to your base does not matter Players Vs Environment make your base so the environment cannot get in regardless of how it gets there

4 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Build your base so alphas cannot get in couple layers of behemoth with turrets and plants will do the trick...enough plants will kill a giga turrets just add to the firepower in my opinion wild dinos are part of PvE how they get to your base does not matter Players Vs Environment make your base so the environment cannot get in regardless of how it gets there

You don't even need that much plant turrets. 8 plant x turrets placed on the ground can kill a giga. I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug, but wild gigas can't destroy plant x that's placed on the ground.

2 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

but if the player wasnt harassing the dino whatever it may be it would not attack the structure I have had gigas all around my base up against my gates and everything but they just attack other wild dinos. Another player bringing them there and having them attack a structure where there are no tamed dinos is not even close to that. That in my eyes would be PVP player vs player not just the enviroment.

2 minutes ago, Chipdiggity said:

but if the player wasnt harassing the dino whatever it may be it would not attack the structure I have had gigas all around my base up against my gates and everything but they just attack other wild dinos. Another player bringing them there and having them attack a structure where there are no tamed dinos is not even close to that. That in my eyes would be PVP player vs player not just the enviroment.

Put two layers of gates up with a gap between them and nothing that will aggro on a wild dino and nothing close enough for a wild dino to attack is what i did when i did PvE theres always a way to survive up to you how you do it

3 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Put two layers of gates up with a gap between them and nothing that will aggro on a wild dino and nothing close enough for a wild dino to attack is what i did when i did PvE theres always a way to survive up to you how you do it

well what people are doing now at least on my server and this didnt happen to me just adding into the conversation thats all is carrying a tamed dino with there bird that the giga aggros on and holding it on the other side of gates/walls whatever so they attack the walls when trying to attack the tamed dino lilke a dodo or dilo so even if you put 10 layers they could still get the wild giga thru unless it is made of metal. no wild dino has ever gotten in my walls other then what spawns inside them because my walls are not close to any of my dinos or me but these trolls and griefers have found away around that

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, iHEARTyou said:

Are you guys too lazy to put up a wall of metal pillars or dino gateway (no need gate doors) to block off gigas? Or find a better location where gigas can't be kited. Ark is after all, a survival game. I'm glad Wildcard took that off their offense list.

Gigas can easily be glitched right through any wall metal or not.

PVE means player vs environment, if you're getting wiped by the wildlife you are doing it wrong.

It's really not hard to defend against wild giga spawns, I had a base right next to one on a pvp server and there were plenty of reasons to kite then into my base, we raided like crazy.  I would often find a giga wandering the woods outside my base walls. I even kited some in to tame a few times. Just put some metal pillars (5-6+ tiles tall to help prevent them vaulting over) if a full metal wall is too expensive, space them about one tile apart then fill the gap with metal spike walls. Bam, giga fence. If the metal behemoth gate is too expensive for you double up a pair of stone ones. First gate might get chewed on a little but it'll get bored long before it gets through the second one.

Also keep some plant x inside your walls set to all targets but have them on a range too low to hit a target outside your walls. This way a kited giga will get bored and move on.

It is seriously this easy. The base on North 1 has -never- had an unwanted giga get within its walls and it is directly below a giga spawn.

Archived