Scorched Earth Ascended and Bob's Tall Tales is Live!

SEA_is_Live.png

Stranded and vulnerable in the unforgiving desert of Scorched Earth Ascended, even veteran ARK survivors face the urgent tasks of finding water, securing food, crafting, and building shelters to survive. Leverage your ARK Island skills to conquer the desert by slaying, taming, and riding its unique creatures, including the formidable Fasolasuchus, adapted to thrive in extreme conditions.

SE_1.jpg

EXPLORE A NEW WORLD.png

Scorched Earth Ascended introduces ARK players to a new desert realm with six distinct biomes, from dunes to oases, each brimming with unique ecosystems and aesthetics. This land rich in ruins, geysers, and ancient caves, offers a fresh challenge for exploration. Water, once abundant on The Island, becomes a critical and scarce resource on this ARK, challenging players to adapt their survival strategies to thrive in an arid environment.

SE_2.jpg

SE_3.jpg

TAME NEW CREATURES.png

Scorched Earth Ascended is teeming with perilous creatures ready for the daring survivor to tame. Unleash havoc on your foes from the back of an elemental Wyvern or master the art of riding a Fasolasuchus, a proto-croc that glides through sand as if it were water. But tread carefully—lest you rouse the fearsome Death Worm!

SE_9.jpg

SE_4.jpg

CRAFT OVER 50 NEW ITEMS.png

In the harsh landscape of Scorched Earth Ascended, survivors utilize scavenged resources to craft unique gear and structures for heat resistance, alongside innovative tools for survival. Whips, boomerangs, flamethrowers, chainsaws, and more become essential for defense, while tents, wells, wind turbines, and oil refineries enhance base sustainability. These tools not only bolster survival and defense but also enable grand strategies for tribal dominance.

SE_5.jpg

SE_6.jpg

CONQUER NEW CHALLENGES.png

Brace for electrical storms, sandstorms, and heat stroke, and tap into the Obelisks' power to challenge the ARK's fiercest boss yet—the fearsome Manticore. Does it guard a weapon, a relic, or the secrets of the ARK? Only the bravest survivors daring to face it will uncover the truth.

SE_8.jpg

TRAVEL BETWEEN ARKS.png

To keep things fair and fiery during those first few weeks, Scorched Earth Ascended will be a bit of a wild frontier. You'll only be able to bring your characters over for the first 60 days, you won't be able to bring any dinos or items onto the map. After the first 60 days, the gates swing wide open!

Scorched Earth Ascended is available starting today on all platforms for owners of ARK: Survival Ascended!

SE_7.jpg

bob’s tall tales Frontier Showdown.png

ASA_BTT_Frontier_CC15Mar_Post_2560x1440.jpg

In Bob’s Tall Tales legendary ARK veteran Bob is ready to share his own incredibly true adventures with you for the first time! Experience the thrilling wonder and awesome spectacle of Bob’s epic adventures across The Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, and Extinction! Each Tall Tale delivers unique and helpful creatures and vehicles like the monolithic Oasisaur & Trains on Scorched Earth Ascended -- with more to come in Aberration and Extinction.

Buy the expansion pass now on Steam, XBOX or PlayStation!

FS_includes.png

• Oasisaur zurzura, a colossal yet gravity-defying island reminiscent of mythical legends. Its back, vast enough for a small community, becomes a nurturing ground for those seeking refuge and companionship.

BTT_1.jpg

• New Western-style structures like your own rootin' tootin' saloon, then tickle the ivories on your own piano for an authentic frontier experience.

BTT_3.jpg

• A chugging steam train to explore those harsh badlands

BTT_2.jpg

• A shovel, to hunt for buried treasure
  • A configurable wagon to move your precious goods
  • And much so more!

BTT_4.jpg

Saddle up, cowpokes, and stake your claim on the wild west of Scorched Earth Ascended

Buy the expansion pass now on Steam, XBOX or PlayStation!

Download all screenshots in full resolution

View full article

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Traslo said:

Bugs like low level dx errors when using DLSS are still unresolved since launch (and yes, they're all reported in the bugs section, they're just clearly being ignored). Given the state of the game, it just feels like a really laughable time to be releasing new paid content.

get a better gpu brokie

• Facepalm 4

I really hope this is as great of a map as i hope. I wish the release was more usa friendly. the time difference makes it hard to justify buying dlc. we over in the US are staying up late after taking the day off to play this and now im just getting sleepy. delays are making this more of a release on the other side of the globe. Thanks for working hard to release it on time.

I can not deny that the western pack items and cosmetics are really cool. The trains are really cool. Love the player piano. Love the poker table. If this expansion pack was coming to A.S.E. I would definitely buy it. Unfortunately, it is only on A.S.A.

The Faso and Oasisaur also aren't as OP as previously thought. Neither of them truly adds any extreme pay to win advantages. In fact, on a PVP server Oasisaurs look like they'd be almost entirely useless. On PVE servers, they'd add just a very slight advantage to whoever owned them. Slight enough to the point where they'd be more like a trophy creature than an actual leg up on any rival tribe. 

Fasos are actually fairly well balanced in what they can do. I think it looks like their sand sinking tornado just stuns for a while and doesn't actually burry you forever. It's just a little bit worse than a Bary stun I think; or maybe actually better as I don't think the faso can attack you while it is tornadoing, and after it is done tornadoing you aren't stunned anymore. They could be used to troll single peoples but not groups of people. They need a good amount of stamina to use their OP abilities. 

Maybe I'll buy A.S.A. in 4-8 years afterall once all the content is "finished" and available. Still would really rather they just added the new creatures and items to A.S.E. though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Maligator said:

Lange gewartet und riesig drauf gefreut. Ich wollte mir auch das Bob’s Tall Tales DLC kaufen. Dann sehe ich den Preis und denke nur NEIN Danke. Ich will ja kein neues Spiel haben sondern nur ein paar Zusatz Inhalte. 20€ hätte ich bezahlt, 30€ sind mir einfach zu teuer.

Du weist aber schon das dass nicht nur für Se ist? Da ist zusatz kontent für Aberation und Extinction später gleich mit bei.. Also kommt dann in dieses package..

Bin auch kein freund von bezahl inhalten aber voll preis games kosten 60 oder 70 euro und keine 30..

7 hours ago, Maligator said:

Lange gewartet und riesig drauf gefreut. Ich wollte mir auch das Bob’s Tall Tales DLC kaufen. Dann sehe ich den Preis und denke nur NEIN Danke. Ich will ja kein neues Spiel haben sondern nur ein paar Zusatz Inhalte. 20€ hätte ich bezahlt, 30€ sind mir einfach zu teuer.

Damn...sorry i wanted to answer you but accidently used the report function lol....

All i want to say: I agree with your statement. It is pretty expensive and it is already an advantage over other players, if not now, may be more in the upcoming future. The Problem: Bob-Tale-Users are playing on the same servers as No-Bob-Tale-players...........and that is just not working out.

So due to the custom cosmetics counting as holding items, while being unable to drop them, we can't transfer characters to Scorched Earth when set to transfer only characters without items.   This has actually been a problem since before scorched earth release, but kinda figured that would get resolved by now.   Only way to play it is to create a new character.

6 minutes ago, Hixbot said:

So due to the custom cosmetics counting as holding items, while being unable to drop them, we can't transfer characters to Scorched Earth when set to transfer only characters without items.   This has actually been a problem since before scorched earth release, but kinda figured that would get resolved by now.   Only way to play it is to create a new character.

Zou CAN get rid of those. Just navigate to Cosmetics section and drop them as any other item. But I agree that it feels realyl akward with all those skins you automatically get after respawn and can be unaware of easily.

Just now, kuovaP said:

Zou CAN get rid of those. Just navigate to Cosmetics section and drop them as any other item. But I agree that it feels realyl akward with all those skins you automatically get after respawn and can be unaware of easily.

I don't mean regular cosmetics I mean custom cosmetics.   Even if you change setting to not get them after respawn, it is still there.

yikes, supposed to be out 7pm est ended up being 10:30-11. Its now 7am and im still in the trying to join server screen. yup looks like i missed the scorched earth rush. whats the point in playing the new map if everyone else got there first lol? great job rolling out the red carpet. i def want to buy dlc and support the game i cant play....maybe launch more servers next time and follow through with the USA launch time. We are not used to having it launch in a foreign manner. Going to lose a lot of fans changing up what we have come to expect.

Hey folks at Wild Card.

Terrible job, once again, when it comes to rolling out your product.  Not sure whose in charge of planning and deployment involving releases or in ordering the correct number of official servers, but they apparently need to be reassigned or let going because given my customer experience with Ark Ascended and the lack of official servers to play on as a paid customer and a game pass subscriber, not ensuring that those of us who purchased your game and play it by investing real life hours definitely shows what Wild Card thinks of its loyal based vs. people who will try the game out for free, then ditch it because it’s “flavor of the week” on game pass is over.  

I can not begin to express to you the disappointment and frustration of myself and other players who voiced their frustrations and disappointment in Discord over not being able to get on to an official server on launch day after buying ASA months ago and then paying the $30 for Bob Tall Tale content only to be delayed by the last minute client roll out that definitely impacted the ability to get on a server before they filled up.  Given the expectations set by Wild Card during ASA’s initial launch of not wanting console players to be “left in the dust” by other players who had release day access in getting started, when console players didn’t, I was very disappointed, but not surprised that Wild Card learner nothing from its mistake of not ensure that this type of player experience was not repeated during other releases like this one (actions and words not the same), and yet it was but even worse then before because after playing nearly the same for ASA additional content for Aaron game and  DLC that was released as free yesterday on Game Pass and collecting another $30, people couldn’t get in, either via the Ob on an Official Server they were a member of or through a new character because Wild Card did not “plan accordingly” to the fact that on launch day, in addition to ASA’s existing customer base, ASA was free to play on Game Pass on console, with someone posting WC’s gratitude over the last several hours about the overwhelming interest or success in the game, or words to that effect, when in fact limiting the number of Official Servers to a level well below your company paid customer base was and is going to create a false or misleading image of “overwhelming interest” (and a lack of sincerity on what WC really thinks of its loyal supporters) when it was in fact a problem on WC’s end because it’s really because the folks in charge of resource planning and deployment “short changed” Wild Card and its consumer base to the point of creating “Very Dissatisfied” customers like me. 

Wild Card has a great product in Ark as a survival game, but continues to score “F”s and “D”s with it’s lack of Customer Focus Culture” (Microsoft had a whole “CFC” initiative once upon a time) and inability to set the proper customer expectations, especially with it comes to game releases, release days, announcements, resulting in a “Very Dissatisfied” customer experience overall…

VN84

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Bobs tails are live, if you can even get into a server. What an utter shambles- really am glad I did not  waste my money on this, if you are not even going to get close to the need of the player base and open up a sensible amount of servers. Release day pushed back (and rightly so I agree) then you take almost another whole working day to start releasing servers. The EU player base had not choice but to sit up all night, or like today spend hours trying to even get in.

Utter joke and a shambles, as always. Nothing changes.

• Facepalm 1