ARK: The Animated Series is Live!

21 hours ago, Zeldei said:

I didn't see it either. But right off the bat, months ago, I knew conservatives would hate it because Helena is a Lesbian.  I was like "Man, they gonna complain about this to no end."  What I didn't expect was people saying it is woke because the villains are all men.  Or white.  Like DILO do they want?  To change the original story?  One guy even complained that Helena's mom was protesting the Australian government for Aboriginal rights. That was woke too.  I guess they should just all hold hands and love each other. 

Yeah, and I don't even get all that though. I mean, I guess apparently only the first 2 episodes are available on the streaming platforms right now? I've seen all 6 episodes and the trailer for the second 6.

All the villains are not men. There is 1 villain whom I feel is worse than Nerva, and almost as bad as Rockwell, and she is a woman. Gladiatrix. Now, she is also white, but what should that matter? I'm sure that more diverse villains will come along as the story progresses.

And there will be white male heroes in the story as well. Kor The Prophet for example will be shown in the second 6 episodes and I'm pretty sure he's a good guy. Even right now, there is a male hero in the first 6 episodes whom I feel is on par with Li Mei Yin; John Dahkeya.

This story is by no means one-sided in any aspect of it.

Helena's mom being a protester? That's an important aspect of the overall story for Helena's character as it shows how Helena's mom was a pillar for her to look to for strength, support, and as a role-model; so, when it shows that her mom dies of cancer in the flashbacks you see the devastation that it inflicts upon Helena which builds upon her established characteristic of being nervous and uncertain in her original life and how she overcomes this aspect of herself upon the Ark.

Helena being a lesbian? Sure, I can see the issue, but they don't beat you over the head with this aspect of the story. Her relationship is just there; it's just something that's there; they don't force it in your face like some other stories have done. You could imagine that Victoria is a small, skinny, feminine looking guy named Victor and you wouldn't even notice.

I even saw a video where someone was complaining that Helena was "Woke" because she didn't kill and eat the Dodo in the beginning which meant she was vegan. First, why would her being vegan be a problem? Second, literally in the second episode she asks Li Mei Yin to teach her how to skin and cook an otter. Helena is clearly not a vegan.

Nothing, aside from Helena being a lesbian, that people are complaining about is even a thing let alone a thing to complain about. 

I guess these individuals just want to be mad and stay mad at wildcard and snail games?🤷‍♂️

Which I completely understand due to their conduct over the last year and a half. Even I don't want to think about how much I wish the Gigantoraptor and trains were coming to A.S.E. as well because they look so cool.

But what people need to remember is that Ark The Animated Series doesn't even have anything to do with wildcard or snail games aside from the fact that it is based on Ark the video game. wc and sg put absolutely no money into its production and had absolutely no hand in its production. It was supposedly completely funded by and directed by Jeremy himself separated from wc and sg. So you can't judge the tv series based upon wc and sg's actions cause they had nothing to do with it. 

1 hour ago, mudplayerx said:

The cartoon is woke trash. Typical rewriting of characters to stick gays, feminism, and race theory into everything, even cartoons.

Newsflash to the 2 or 3 lefties in this thread. We cwn complain about whatever we want; this is an American forum. So sorry we upset your delicate sensibilities. Not.

Again, the cartoon is woke trash. There was a lesbian kiss and blatant anti-men feminism less than 10 minutes in.

The funny part is they are not pushing this agenda because they support your fringe ideology. They are doing it to divide the country, weaken the family unit, and raise soy boy beta cucks so in 50 years nobody will resist when America goes fascist.

There were already gay characters in the ark story though. Mei literally had a relationship with Diana. So, did you hate the original story too?   It is almost like you weren't paying attention to the story for the last 8 years.  So why complain now?

The idea that others have delicate sensibilities being offended is ironic since you are literally the one being offended by two people kissing and a female lead.  Talk about delicate feelings.  How do you go through life always being so triggered?  Your masculinity must be so fragile. This is a common theme of projection with Conservative people. They rage and get offended over the most mundane, trivial things that don't actually hurt them. You're literally buttmad that two girls kissed and have crafted a bizarre explanation of how the world is out to get you.  You are the very group you are complaining about: the snowflakes who can't handle anything.   Do you need a safe space where you never have to see people different from you? 

You can complain. No one said you can't. But not all complaints are rational. Some opinions, contrary to what you might believe, are both wrong and dumb.   Being American on an American forum doesn't mean otherwise.  You have the right to be a terrible person with bad ideas.  Doesn't mean others can't call you out on being a terrible person with bad ideas. 

Imagine someone is offended by Christians. Should we never allow media to show Christians doing Christian things? That is your argument.  In fact, we shouldn't let shows display interracial relationships either, I guess. That might offend conservatives too. No movie should ever being allowed to show people praying or wearing crosses, because that might offend someone.  There is no end to how dumb this is. 

Edited by Zeldei
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Zeldei said:

The idea that others have delicate sensibilities being offended is ironic since you are literally the one being offended by two people kissing and a female lead.  Talk about delicate feelings.  How do you go through life always being so triggered?  Your masculinity must be so fragile. This is a common theme of projection with Conservative people. They rage and get offended over the most mundane, trivial things that don't actually hurt them. You're literally buttmad that two girls kissed and have crafted a bizarre explanation of how the world is out to get you.

And this here is a huge point: The whole alphabeth inclusivity is mostly depictured with kissing girls.
As long as we don't see a Bob and Santiago-like character humping each other like the kitchen scene in ep1 to balance the all inclusivity agenda it is indeed a sign of fragile masculinity of the creators!
If they ever have the guts to show that, then you can call out complainers about their fragile masculinity.

On 3/25/2024 at 10:08 PM, FlorianWind9 said:

Yeah, and I don't even get all that though. I mean, I guess apparently only the first 2 episodes are available on the streaming platforms right now? I've seen all 6 episodes and the trailer for the second 6.

All the villains are not men. There is 1 villain whom I feel is worse than Nerva, and almost as bad as Rockwell, and she is a woman. Gladiatrix. Now, she is also white, but what should that matter? I'm sure that more diverse villains will come along as the story progresses.

And there will be white male heroes in the story as well. Kor The Prophet for example will be shown in the second 6 episodes and I'm pretty sure he's a good guy. Even right now, there is a male hero in the first 6 episodes whom I feel is on par with Li Mei Yin; John Dahkeya.

This story is by no means one-sided in any aspect of it.

Helena's mom being a protester? That's an important aspect of the overall story for Helena's character as it shows how Helena's mom was a pillar for her to look to for strength, support, and as a role-model; so, when it shows that her mom dies of cancer in the flashbacks you see the devastation that it inflicts upon Helena which builds upon her established characteristic of being nervous and uncertain in her original life and how she overcomes this aspect of herself upon the Ark.

Helena being a lesbian? Sure, I can see the issue, but they don't beat you over the head with this aspect of the story. Her relationship is just there; it's just something that's there; they don't force it in your face like some other stories have done. You could imagine that Victoria is a small, skinny, feminine looking guy named Victor and you wouldn't even notice.

I even saw a video where someone was complaining that Helena was "Woke" because she didn't kill and eat the Dodo in the beginning which meant she was vegan. First, why would her being vegan be a problem? Second, literally in the second episode she asks Li Mei Yin to teach her how to skin and cook an otter. Helena is clearly not a vegan.

Nothing, aside from Helena being a lesbian, that people are complaining about is even a thing let alone a thing to complain about. 

I guess these individuals just want to be mad and stay mad at wildcard and snail games?🤷‍♂️

Which I completely understand due to their conduct over the last year and a half. Even I don't want to think about how much I wish the Gigantoraptor and trains were coming to A.S.E. as well because they look so cool.

But what people need to remember is that Ark The Animated Series doesn't even have anything to do with wildcard or snail games aside from the fact that it is based on Ark the video game. wc and sg put absolutely no money into its production and had absolutely no hand in its production. It was supposedly completely funded by and directed by Jeremy himself separated from wc and sg. So you can't judge the tv series based upon wc and sg's actions cause they had nothing to do with it. 

The fact that Jeremy had the guts to have them eat an otter is hilarious on its own.

Edited by GeneralTalon
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, MMaas said:

And this here is a huge point: The whole alphabeth inclusivity is mostly depictured with kissing girls.
As long as we don't see a Bob and Santiago-like character humping each other like the kitchen scene in ep1 to balance the all inclusivity agenda it is indeed a sign of fragile masculinity of the creators!
If they ever have the guts to show that, then you can call out complainers about their fragile masculinity.

I can call out the complainers at any point since their entire argument is that everyone else is fragile and triggered while literally getting mad that animated characters are kissing.  People lose the credibility to criticize others as snowflakes while being snowflakes. 

This ranks up there with the Christians who get mad if you say happy holidays or have cups that aren't the right shade of green and red. 

Edited by Zeldei
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, GeneralTalon said:

The fact that Jeremy had the guts to have them eat an otter is hilarious on its own.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw Mei Yin toss her a limp otter corpse! 🤣

Of all the possible creatures in Ark, you choose one of the ones that fans have gotten the most friendship adventure partner cute pet attached to? This is as bad as it would be if they were to eat a Jerboa on Scorched Earth! 🤣

But we can't eat the chicken Dodo I guess! 😛

• Haha 1