Community Crunch 400: Cross-Platform Mod Spotlights, Boosted Rates, and More!

11 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

there is no magical fix all button

look at patch notes. its nothing BUT fixes

No duh. But there are people that work for this company who produce the game and apply the fixes. The problem is that they put half ass effort into an unfinished game that they released. Not to mention the NUMEROUS promises that were 87% all broken. 

Let's get back to the days where developers tested and released a game that was actually finished. But it's an obvious money grab when you copy paste code into a new engine.

• Thanks 3

Wildcard: Guys its our 400th community crunch!! What news that we have kept in our a.. I mean back pocket should we release?

That one hard worker: How about news on the center, address the problem with windows, and apologize for all the bugs that we are ignoring?

Wc: No!! Next?

Random worker: How about giving them some dino pictures while keeping the community in the dark?

Wc: YES!!  Team, I would like to introduce you to your new Manager!

Edited by PrimalNacho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, AtomikalDusky said:

I don't wanna sound negative but y'all ain't doing yourselves any favors with only doing community crunches that only consists of Mod Showcases, Fan-Art, and Videos of the Week. At this point people want SOMETHING to get excited about, mods can only carry the game so far. Like why not give us sneak peak screenshots of Scorched Earth, or show us pictures of how some assets differ from ASE. I'd rather have a picture of how the ASA Joshua Tree will look like than these "Nothing Burgers".

I bet they're doing this so people get frustrated and create all the maps for them and release them as paid mods. 😂

Edited by BigChungus1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

So like I'm sure just about everybody here will tell you you have forgotten the most important thing to succeeding and that is make sure that your customer experience is excellent. Your overlordsat snail don't seem to realize this and at this point I don't think they ever will. Nevertheless it is true that the best way to succeed as a company is to make sure that your customers are experiencing something great. If they're not then focus on improving that first before you work on this other BS like paid mods and cosmetics. Ark survival ascended is not a great experience, it is passible at best. Even that is generally only on console as the PC experience is apparently still very dismal. Studio wildcard and snail games have things ass backwards and don't even realize it or the smart people in those companies that do realize it are being shut up. You... are... killing... your.. game!

Edited by Teknocack
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ElementZeroS7L said:

I don't know how to delete this.

The Last crunch that made sense was the one where u told us about the delay of the center. And that was like the only cc that made any sense. No one thinks about mods. How many mods should we install on the Island. Yes these mods could be really cool in the future but I am not even interested to go hunt some wyverns on the island because i have wasted too much time on that map. 300 hours and there are players having even more. And we only have this one map in a game thats a remake of a game that has 10x more content. This is so embarissing but i would be a problem if u would give us informations we want to see. Like screenshots of the maps or info of whats new or a possible release window thats not on the timeline. U said Scorched is coming in march. I red it will come on april 1st. But my guess is i can finaly play the map when my child is 5. He is 5 months now. Am I right? Can I at least get this information???

Over 11k hours in ARK. I played 28 maps. And yet, no depth, no height, no width and no length can describe the metric, cubic sheer amount of disappointment that comes with each new Crunch. 

Why not start showcasing ASE Maps and Mods at this point? You might get some interest there. Well, the community members anyway. ASE announcements about old maps being reworked gives me better vibes than nothing on SE or The Center or whatever you guys decide to NOT show off this week.

Edited by MeepDaBunny
  • Like 1

After many, many hours of gameplay, breeding dinos, farming mounts, dying many times looking for artifacts, you summon a boss and the game crashes on both PC and Xbox, and you know you lose everything in 1 second. For what? First repair the game, the game is a mess. They trick players with a game that is nothing like they promised. I bought it on Xbox Series S/X and PC. Always from one moment to the next the game closes due to errors in the game. Frustrating gameplay

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's insane to me that you release empty Community Crunches like this, when it would cost nothing to write about an upcoming patch like the one you just released a few days later. You'd buy goodwill from your playerbase for free.
Even if you weren't sure of when this patch would be released, at least mentioning a few things that were being worked on would have been better than THIS. You just added a customization option and it's hidden in the patch notes on a Monday, while your Community Crunch, your one weekly appointment with the players on Fridays, doesn't even mention it being worked on ? It's like you love being badmouthed by the community.

Why are you always communicating in the worst possible way with your customers ? Whoever makes those decisions must be aware of the discontent this creates for no good reason. If not, they need to stop making decisions.

• Like 3

HEY ARK DEVELOPERS/WILDCARD/SNAILGAMES!! Are you reading these comments?

If your sole purpose is to make money, it doesn’t happen by making players and potential players angry. 

Making money happens when you create a game that people WANT to play. A game that is complete, free of problems and has enough to do to retain players and keep them entertained.

It’s simple economics. Get educated, read a book about it or, at the very least, LISTEN TO YOUR PATRONS!

• Like 2

v36.8 server (36.7 PC Client) (36.4 Xbox and Playstation Client) - 03/11/2024 - Major version for servers and clients 
Patch Notes

"Fixed "crease" lines in Character pixel painting"

PLEASE reverse this so-called "fix"!!! The crisp edges of pixel art on characters made colors pop and designs flourish with precise painting placement and defined edges. 
After this most recent patch, the pixels work like they do when painting a tame, in that the edges are blurred, the colors are muddied, and the leap from single pixel line to double pixel width is catastrophically hideous. 
PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!
I had so many intricate designs that now look like they're made of felted dryer lint! And worse, the seams between body regions, where the pixels change directions, now have jarring gaps in previously seamless designs, and fixing it requires not only guessing the correct color to use (a near impossible task now that the edges all haze into eachother and warp the hues) but also clicking the correct spot to fill in the area without the pixels leaping into other unintended regions.
This change has KILLED the artistic opportunities of the 127 dyes and spat in the face of creatives.
PLEASE fix this ASAP!!!