What are some lesser mentioned things you want to see in ASA?

Everyone knows we want more maps, less crashes, more fps. But if you wanted them to add something besides this obvious list, what would it be?

For me, I'd like to see them go over the game and add quality of life improvements wherever there's a lot of jank. We should be able to hold the attack button down on dinos instead of pressing it 100 times in a row. The cooking pot recipes should not have dyes at the top. 

Just simple common sense stuff like that, to make the game more user friendly.

Please tell me what you'd like to see. :)

Edited by BigChungus1

• BigChungus1 changed the title to What are some lesser mentioned things you want to see in ASA?

The painting canvas system seems to still be busted on ps5 at least.

I was really really looking for to being able to take pics in photo mode and have them displayed around my base on the painting canvas.

It was always something that looked so fun on PC but didnt work for us console peasants. Well, it still doesnt...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I was really really looking for to being able to take pics in photo mode and have them displayed around my base on the painting canvas.

It was always something that looked so fun on PC but didnt work for us console peasants. Well, it still doesnt...

I was looking forward for this too, especially since it seems so easy getting mods now even in crossplay - I thought we all had the same options for customizable content.

Why can't we have a ingame mini gallery where we can upload and download custom paintings / paint jobs on dinos like Animal Crossing has, for example? I would love to see others creations!

And since we get to wish something here, maybe invent triangle flower beds, too. There are such cool mods for growing trees and stuff. I'd love to be able to do that in PVE servers to customize the base, with more flowers and plants. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 5:01 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

Yes, there is something that has been left out in the graphics for XBox too, just look at the map which is grainy, the "war map" is also the same. I'm not an expert but I think it's due to some decoding differences between PC and Console (I notice this flaw on other printed images of some other games).

The photo gallery on canvas is a very interesting thing, so I totally agree.

4 hours ago, TonyTempah said:

The ability to Mute players in chat.

...and the animals when you get close to them :D I have a band of Penguins that act as a chorus at every passage, I moved the Argy because they competed with them, I built the mating park starting from five floors high :D yes, an option to mute your Dinos (or at least lower the volume, separate from the ambient volume) would be nice for me :)

That big chunk of wood you run into, too high to get over...
That little steep cliff thats going to need a ladder to get ontop of...
I would like to have less difficulty traversing terrain and obstacles.

Let the walk button make you able to get into some kind of climb mode where step-height is increased.
When running into a fallen tree. Let your toon make some kind of horde movement, trip and roll animation or whatever. Not hit the chuck like its a wall.
Now it feels like everything above 45% angle is beyond impossible. Some other terrain though you can practically run up at 90% angle, like some builders.
Higher angles will slow you down for sure. But I think humans would be able to run, climb with hands, crawl upwards, up to a 60% angle.
Maybe I need a reality check, but when you run into a 60% angle slope you dont run into a wall. A decently fit person could use momentum to get up pretty high...

I guess I would like moving around in general to be more smooth and less limited.

15 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

That big chunk of wood you run into, too high to get over...
That little steep cliff thats going to need a ladder to get ontop of...
I would like to have less difficulty traversing terrain and obstacles.

Let the walk button make you able to get into some kind of climb mode where step-height is increased.
When running into a fallen tree. Let your toon make some kind of horde movement, trip and roll animation or whatever. Not hit the chuck like its a wall.
Now it feels like everything above 45% angle is beyond impossible. Some other terrain though you can practically run up at 90% angle, like some builders.
Higher angles will slow you down for sure. But I think humans would be able to run, climb with hands, crawl upwards, up to a 60% angle.
Maybe I need a reality check, but when you run into a 60% angle slope you dont run into a wall. A decently fit person could use momentum to get up pretty high...

I guess I would like moving around in general to be more smooth and less limited.

I've noticed there are some pretty gentle slopes that look like you should be able to get up them and cant, but some of the mine-able rocks have nearly vertical surfaces that your character just sprints right up no problem. 

It definitely seems inconsistent. 

Sleeping bags...why can't we pick them up? The one item actually designed by human kind to be a mobile bed, and we can't move it...but if you want to pick up your house piece by piece, no problem. 😂

I would also vote for a faster decay timer on sleeping bags, like maybe 24 hours.  That would help caves look like caves again and not a teenager slumber party.

• Haha 1

My husband and I stopped playing ASA about a month ago. We only play PVE together but the tethering distance doesn’t allow each of us to play the way we want and the spawn rate of Dino’s is awful no matter what. It basically feels like we’ve cleared out the map and since the other maps have been delayed we gave up. We both were so excited for ASA but we’ve gone back to Evolved because it’s so much better on just about everything. Even the graphics in ASA aren’t nearly as great as I was hoping for. I’m crossing my fingers hoping that ASA becomes what it was advertised to be over time.

As a primarily PVE builder, I like the fact we can pick up all of our stuff now but sometimes picking up and moving base is very tedious. Id like to have a sort of S+ gun to auto pick up things without having to hold and select for it to pick up. Sometimes picking up foundations will destroy random objects sitting on top of them instead of adding to inventory. I also agree with being able to mute certain chatters or just mute the whole chat in general, maybe add whispers in game. They did fix a few things I had complained about early on and changed some others, So I am happy about that. All in all, It's a waiting game for me as the Island has always been my least favorite map. So if they can make moving all of my crap to another map easier, That would be nice.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 2:45 PM, Penguin73 said:

Sleeping bags...why can't we pick them up? The one item actually designed by human kind to be a mobile bed, and we can't move it...but if you want to pick up your house piece by piece, no problem. 😂

I would also vote for a faster decay timer on sleeping bags, like maybe 24 hours.  That would help caves look like caves again and not a teenager slumber party.

Fact

11 hours ago, NoobSupreme said:
On 3/9/2024 at 9:45 PM, Penguin73 said:

Sleeping bags...why can't we pick them up? The one item actually designed by human kind to be a mobile bed, and we can't move it...but if you want to pick up your house piece by piece, no problem. 😂

Fact

Fact

While we are at it, maybe the sleeping bag is not single use and you can use it as many times as you need but for a shorter duration. Say 6 hours. Might prevent the cave entrances looking like homeless shelters.

8 hours ago, TonyTempah said:

While we are at it, maybe the sleeping bag is not single use and you can use it as many times as you need but for a shorter duration. Say 6 hours. Might prevent the cave entrances looking like homeless shelters.

Woah buddy, don’t make fun of homeless people, it’s not their fault that they can’t figure out how to fill out a job application for Walmart.