Community Crunch 395: Love Evolved, Mod Spotlight, Bonus Rates, and More!

StudioWildcard

15 hours ago, Entin said:

So... can we turn off winter wonderland in single player yet? 

What?! And ruin the love evolved event?! Have you ever had a frozen chocolate candy bar out from the freezer? It's amazing! wc just wants to help their players get the most out of the love evolved event by merging it into the already active winter wonderland event so that their boxes of chocolate hearts can be nice and frosty! 🙃

4 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

These custom mods being a mandatory and forced part of the game right down to official servers is a huge drawback imo.

It reminds me of Ready Player 1 (love the movie btw) where The Oasis had all these different random characters that people used as Avatars.

It was a free-for-all with cosmetics so to speak, which worked in the movie because that universe was an amalgamation of all things internet. 

Ark is not. Ark has a central theme. Ark has a central art style, a certain look to the game's armor, weapons, tames, map etc.

Seeing Mickey, Doom guy, Dr Disrespect, Mary Poppins, Left Shark, Colonel Sanders, or any number of infinite outside skins imported into the game just completely takes away from the look and feel of Ark, the game we actually paid to play.

This is exactly!

Ever since almost the very beginning of A.S.E. wc has made it very clear that they do not care about their players' opinions about the game and that they want to turn the game into whatever they want the game to be.

They don't care what their game was originally marketed as. They don't care about what games their customers want to play and buy. With the ability to completely overwrite something that someone has already paid for in this new world of digital based gaming, wc only wants the power to do whatever they want whenever they want with their game cause end of the day they've made an online game for them personally to play; and everyone else just gets the "privilege" to play it if they fork over some money.

I've felt this way ever since they released the "Extinction Map", actually. Maybe even since "Aberration". Cause those maps fundamentally changed what the game was. Still, in relation to those maps, I didn't mind cause they created a really cool and interesting progression of the story that; while they did change up a lot of things; still felt connected enough to Ark's original vision that it fit what the game was.

Once they released Genesis 1 and 2 as expansions to A.S.E. rather than making them their own separate game as Ark 2 as they should have been; and as I thought they would be after the ending of Extinction's ending cinematic; I began to see the destructive trend that wc was going to have going forward.

A.S.E. in many ways is no longer the game I originally bought, but A.S.A. is more and more becoming a game that I never want to buy. 

1 hour ago, Oreochema said:

At this stage, I'm about to take that age-old advice that says "write the book you want to read" and use it to go make the game that I want to play.

If you have the means to do so and would actually seriously create a well-crafted pure dinosaur island open world survival game then I would definitely buy it on Steam!🙂 So I say; go for it!:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, FlorianWind9 said:

If you have the means to do so and would actually seriously create a well-crafted pure dinosaur island open world survival game then I would definitely buy it on Steam!🙂 So I say; go for it!:D

I'll be honest, mine would probably lean more toward fantasy creatures. (I've always wanted to build a sanctuary for griffons, drakes, phoenixes, etc.) And while I would certainly like to nod to Ark with some things, I'd definitely want to put my own spin on it. Something like a half-and-half critter-care and survival. I've got a bunch of notes on mechanics I'd like to include. The part I'm missing is the most important: The actual coding and game-making. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Oreochema said:

Look, I try to remain positive, I try to give you guys the benefit of the doubt. Games are hard to make, after all.

I've told myself for quite a while that I love Ark. But I think the truth is that I love what Ark could be, if you guys would just knuckle down and work on fixing it.

I've seen the negativity that abounds within the community. I think that some of it is deserved, especially for things like not fixing game-breaking bugs, relying on mods and modded content to fix/expand the game you should be developing, not being open and transparent with your community, and not realistically managing expectations in regards to release dates (seriously, just double whatever time you think it'll take and give that date; if you release content "early," that can only be a good thing)....

Some of the bluster is just that: bluster. It's toxic negativity spewed by entitled children. Right now, I don't blame them. If/When you get around to fixing things, I'd expect a bit more leeway as you would be proving you're working on things.

But despite my usual patience, I genuinely want to play your game, and I'm frustrated to heII that you effectively won't let me. I refuse to spend time playing a game where my progress is randomly wiped by numerous hours. I personally value myself and my own time too much to put myself through that.

At this stage, I'm about to take that age-old advice that says "write the book you want to read" and use it to go make the game that I want to play.

@StudioWildcard READ !!

• Thanks 5

Wow two sides of just pure whining like oceans and complaining all over again. 

I myself have been playing 365 hours so far on ASA. Only annoying thing is the one time or two times a Day when the Server crashes and we roll back for 10 Minutes. Thats it.

My Game on ps5 doesnt crash. I can Play and enjoy everything I have Seen so far and have no idea DILO everyone here is so frustrated about.

Sure the Pop in of bases and Dinos should be improved. And yeah the fps when opening Gates is weak. These Are all points that Are Not making the Game Bad for me. At all. 

Hope your still having fun!

• Facepalm 4

4 hours ago, Oreochema said:

Sarò onesto, il mio probabilmente si orienterebbe maggiormente verso le creature fantasy. (Ho sempre desiderato costruire un santuario per grifoni, draghi, fenici, ecc.) E anche se mi piacerebbe sicuramente fare un cenno all'Arca con alcune cose, vorrei sicuramente dare la mia interpretazione. Qualcosa come metà e metà cura e sopravvivenza delle creature. Ho un sacco di note sulla meccanica che vorrei includere. La parte che mi manca è la più importante: la codifica vera e propria e la creazione del gioco. lol

it wouldn't be too different from ark there are already many fantasy creatures and considering that the dinosaurs in ark couldn't be more different from the real dinosaurs if you also made a game with well-made dinosaurs it would already be beautiful, then if you put some dragon I certainly wouldn't complain, who doesn't like dragons 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Oreochema said:

I'll be honest, mine would probably lean more toward fantasy creatures. (I've always wanted to build a sanctuary for griffons, drakes, phoenixes, etc.) And while I would certainly like to nod to Ark with some things, I'd definitely want to put my own spin on it. Something like a half-and-half critter-care and survival. I've got a bunch of notes on mechanics I'd like to include. The part I'm missing is the most important: The actual coding and game-making. lol

Hey I know a game like that, that just came out recently, and uses UE5 (it's name being similar to "FriendLand")! Jokes aside, a version of that same mentioned game would be so much cooler with realistic graphics like Ark.

The biggest issue with most of us gamers is the huge imagination, we know what kind of game we want, but no way to create it like other types of art.

For example, I still feel like (this was an idea I had many many years ago) if GTA V turned every citizen into zombies and made it about survival, that would be a dang near perfect game. Sadly, none of the directions any game (even Ark), has ever been close to my "vision" of the potential games have or could have.

We can all write a script, but getting it produced is the hardest part.

I'd say write down your entire idea somewhere, let the ideas flow, and then perhaps try and find some people with developing skills and work with them to create something beautiful. Don't forget to patent it (or w.e you gotta do) first lol.

Oh, and when it's successful- Don't let these dumdum companies win when they get jealous, and try to reach for handouts claiming you "plagiarized" them, because they didn't think of (or create) the idea first. Like one major gaming company tried to do with "FriendLand". Heh.

Edited by Mike585x
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike585x said:

Il problema più grande con la maggior parte di noi giocatori è l'enorme immaginazione, sappiamo che tipo di gioco vogliamo, ma non abbiamo modo di crearlo come altri tipi di arte.

it's certainly true, but ark goes too far, it's a game that could be really great but it's practically a game destroyed by its own owners. the single player is left alone to his fate, the pve suffers from the exaggerated use of pillars that preclude people from building their base, the pvp is completely distorted by the megatribes that block access to the game for new players by occupying the caves exploiting the mutations to have dinosaurs that are exaggeratedly stronger than those that can be obtained without the mutations a system that can only be used by the megatribes for the time and resources needed (there had to be a limit, but no they decided to leave the bug that allows you to overcome it for what ?), because already being 50 players in a single tribe isn't already an overwhelming advantage over all the others. Pvp on small makes no sense because without a function like ORP the tribes are forced to create alliances, effectively recreating the megatribes to be able to defend themselves while they are offline. the pvp orp and hardcore modes, although minor, were appreciated by their players but were not proposed again, malfunctioning servers, hackers and the various bugs are the perfect setting for this series of terrible decisions, but WC is focusing on mods to keep the game alive. if anyone wants to add more to the list.

Edited by aikkam
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aikkam said:

it's certainly true, but ark goes too far, it's a game that could be really great but it's practically a game destroyed by its own owners. the single player is left alone to his fate, the pve suffers from the exaggerated use of pillars that preclude people from building their base, the pvp is completely distorted by the megatribes that block access to the game for new players by occupying the caves exploiting the mutations to have dinosaurs that are exaggeratedly stronger than those that can be obtained without the mutations a system that can only be used by the megatribes for the time and resources needed (there had to be a limit, but no they decided to leave the bug that allows you to overcome it for what ?), because already being 50 players in a single tribe isn't already an overwhelming advantage over all the others. Pvp on small makes no sense because without a function like ORP the tribes are forced to create alliances, effectively recreating the megatribes to be able to defend themselves while they are offline. the pvp orp and hardcore modes, although minor, were appreciated by their players but were not proposed again, malfunctioning servers, hackers and the various bugs are the perfect setting for this series of terrible decisions, but WC is focusing on mods to keep the game alive. if anyone wants to add more to the list.

I forgot about the constant delays and the nitrado server issue 

21 minutes ago, aikkam said:

Not sure what that has to do with my post about being able to create a better game in our minds 😛

But yeah, I already know all about the poo-show Ark has become. I run a cluster of 10 ASE Official Save servers. Quite many of us refuse to take part in the blatant money grabs and horrific nightmare fiasco that comprises "ASA".

We also can't forget how most of the "new features" are just things they literally promised to add to ASE down the road, but didn't. Instead decided to screw us all over and hold our progress for ransom. All for "new", where nothing is really new at all, that we never even asked for. ASA was (at first) supposed to be just a free direct upgrade from UE4 to UE5 for ASE, after all.

20 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

Non sono sicuro di cosa abbia a che fare con il mio post sulla capacità di creare un gioco migliore nelle nostre menti  😛

I wanted to contradict you on the part where you say that everyone is capable of designing an excellent game in theory. WC is clearly incapable of doing this, I am referring to those who make the decisions, for those who worked to program the game for them I have only respect.

We players might have a great imagination but WC doesn't seem to have a shred of it 

1 hour ago, aikkam said:

I wanted to contradict you on the part where you say that everyone is capable of designing an excellent game in theory. WC is clearly incapable of doing this, I am referring to those who make the decisions, for those who worked to program the game for them I have only respect.

We players might have a great imagination but WC doesn't seem to have a shred of it 

I wasn't referring to everyone, just saying many of us gamers. Our imagination can create the "perfect game" in our heads, but none of them (not even Ark) come close to what we really want. We can dream it, but are not capable of making it a reality.

Obviously WC doesn't, that's why we were talking about making a whole new game with better vision lol

Not sure if this is a lost in language translation thing or not, since you are clearly using some kind of translator to read my message and quote it.

Edited by Mike585x
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

Ovviamente WC no, ecco perché stavamo parlando di creare un gioco completamente nuovo con una visione migliore lol

I'd like to know what WC thinks about this, its own players are hoping that someone will create a similar but better game although apparently someone is already trying pokemon with weapons mmmm maybe ark with pokemon  

• Like 1

Time you fixed your game, guys.... 

-Make dinos catchable in cryos like pokemon

-Make everything cost less resources like fibercraft ***** too grindy

-Make weapons and armor creature based like monster hunter

-When you die you keep tools like pixark

-Add a roll or sidestep backstep like every game ever

-Make long traveling easier obelisk jumping or something

Faster paced games make better PVP. Ark is clunky and grindy.

Magic and spellcasters! Roles!

Dungeons

Make dinosaurs less OP to the survivor. Maybe only benefit of dinos is abilities/HP but a player can still kill a rider.

Quick recovery in PVP so a wipe doesn't set you back months and you can get revenge. 

Boss items should be way easier to get. Everyone should have tek and the map should be PVP chaos of constant wiping and revenge.

For the love make crafting out of all boxes in an area like automated/make slow walk encumber.

I love dinosaurs and I love ark thousands of hours, but make the dinos cool. Trex with big feathers out of its head. 

Ark streamers are like half asleep playing this game... That's the problem. 

.....Make your game fun..... 

Ask people why they aren't playing Ark... Ask your own devs why they don't play it!!!! SLOW, CLUNKY, BORING. 

Edited by Derkz

17 hours ago, aikkam said:

I'd like to know what WC thinks about this, its own players are hoping that someone will create a similar but better game although apparently someone is already trying pokemon with weapons mmmm maybe ark with pokemon  

Yeah that's the game I was referring to in my original message when I mentioned "FriendLand"

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:36 AM, Mike585x said:

What's with this major obsession for mods?

I get it, people love them and they perhaps give you less work to do on the game yourself... But the direction of the game and marketing seems to be relying on them A LOT.

I've personally never been a fan of mods, that's why I choose to play on console in the first place. Having to rely on them for everything is bogus and largely time/space consuming.

Plus to me it always feels like cheating when I use them (unless they are Officially released or are considered Official by the devs themselves, much like Fallout 4 did).

Are you still gonna make Official additions for the game itself that don't rely on mods? Like in the last Community Crunch for example, I asked if you are going to release Tek Greenhouse Walls that can function the same way (as the mod you previewed with transparency on/off and one-way usage option) for the folks who still like to play and enjoy the game vanilla-only?

Please consider this, thank you!

I think that's what premium mods are. Also I've played vanilla Ark for years and am loving the mods. It definitely spices the game back up.

Edited by Hellix