Egg thiefs are real!!!!

AngerFish

My ticked today by GM Raptor.

GM Raptor (ARK)

Dec 19, 2023, 12:47 PM PST

The game is being rapidly iterated on post-launch at the moment. Due to this, as of now, we are only addressing tickets related to enforcement. report abuse, malicious players etc. Thank you for your understanding and we'll be sure to update the community when we fully open all tickets.

what a joke, the support you give makes me quit the game. there is a bug that eggs are stolen through walls by ovi raptor. And this is your answer? you should be ashamed of yourselves. You guys have a nice game, but for some reason you always have to leave holes for abuse. You would almost say that you are involved when I see how these players can do their thing. these are the people who are destroying your game. well I hope the support gets better soon until then you positive customers won't do anything because every egg is gone before it hatches.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, AngerFish said:

My ticked today by GM Raptor.

GM Raptor (ARK)

Dec 19, 2023, 12:47 PM PST

The game is being rapidly iterated on post-launch at the moment. Due to this, as of now, we are only addressing tickets related to enforcement. report abuse, malicious players etc. Thank you for your understanding and we'll be sure to update the community when we fully open all tickets.

what a joke, the support you give makes me quit the game. there is a bug that eggs are stolen through walls by ovi raptor. And this is your answer? you should be ashamed of yourselves. You guys have a nice game, but for some reason you always have to leave holes for abuse. You would almost say that you are involved when I see how these players can do their thing. these are the people who are destroying your game. well I hope the support gets better soon until then you positive customers won't do anything because every egg is gone before it hatches.

To be fair most game breaking bug need a good few years before they are looked into.

There is an easy fix that works on official servers, it only requires a small amount of farming though. A level 400 Oviraptor has 9000 Unreal-units, thats about 30 foundations so when we use this knowledge the answer is simple.

Requirements;
900 foundations
900 ceilings
3600 walls

Now you simply find a large area to build a 30x30x30 box and make sure you hatch your eggs in the very center of the floor foundation. 

You are welcome! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yggdrassil said:

thats about 30 foundations so when we use this knowledge the answer is simple.

Requirements;
900 foundations
900 ceilings
3600 walls

Now you simply find a large area to build a 30x30x30 box

Hmmm... min 61x61x31h (or h61 if you build in the sky or on water surface) [or in cercle/octagon with triangle foundation/ceilings]

3721 foundation and ceiling

7320 walls (14640 if in the sky/water)

Or... you need to found a place in side of a canyon...

Edited by CervantesMor

yes, in reality the foundation count is not correct because you can use much less and still cover the perimeter and the interior with much less if you know how to calculate the coverage of each foundation, but the concept is that if you really can steal PVE eggs at 30 foundations away then you must have coverage with a "radius" of at least 31 ball foundations, with some tricks using the terrain. In ASA, in a straight line it is sufficient to alternate 1 foundation and 2 roofs then a foundation and so on to cover a straight line of 7 roofs (1 central on the line + 3 on the right and 3 on the left towards the created line) therefore reducing the calculation of the foundations, and the walls can be quadruple as well as the giant roofs, but the real size would remain the one mentioned: min 61x61x31h

@AngerFish, I play PVE as well and unfortunately it is a reality that some people prefer to take things from others rather than do the work for themselves. It is what it is.

I prefer not to build huge warehouses, so I often just patrol the area with a trike.  You should be able to use the knock-back effect to push any enemy Ovi raptors out of the area. Having a parasaur will help ping the enemies and make finding them a little easier. It only takes a few minutes but might save you the hassle of building a fortress.

beware everyone, all my eggs have been stolen. These were placed in a closed base containing a box for preparing eggs. No one could get to this. Server 5429 has lost just about every tribe its eggs. there is a bug with the ovi. they have found a way to get your eggs on pve

Again My eggs ar stolen This time inside the middle of my base25x35x18

inside a special box for egg's 24 hrs all ok the last 8 hrs thay got stolen agiain. i am done whit Wildcard. last game i played ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

player is over reacting prolly forgot his eggs they hatched an died there is no way to steal eggs with a ovirap

we have tried this for testing on offical with oviraps that are over lvl 300 btw. with ovirap inside the egg laying area / outside / on foundations / on ground / flying the ovi over the base / dropping it on the base / sending it on wondering threw the base. there is 100% no possible way of this to happen.

Edited by Sheppard
  • Like 1

well we found the real problem, 

it's even worse than I thought, when you put eggs on ceilings/ foundations then there is a chance that you will lose eggs.  the eggs are not stolen, they come to your base and make sure you lose eggs. how do they do that? they take advantage of the situation that your base needs to be loaded. if your egg is on a ceiling or another structure they will hop if the ceiling is not loaded in time your egg will disappear. @Sheppard do som more test befor you come in & starts shouten nonsence. I did some testing myself, 

You can rule this out by placing your eggs on the normal ground with a wall around it and a roof

thanks wildcard & Sheppard 

• Volunteer Moderator
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AngerFish said:

well we found the real problem, 

it's even worse than I thought, when you put eggs on ceilings/ foundations then there is a chance that you will lose eggs.  the eggs are not stolen, they come to your base and make sure you lose eggs. how do they do that? they take advantage of the situation that your base needs to be loaded. if your egg is on a ceiling or another structure they will hop if the ceiling is not loaded in time your egg will disappear. @Sheppard do som more test befor you come in & starts shouten nonsence. I did some testing myself, 

You can rule this out by placing your eggs on the normal ground with a wall around it and a roof

thanks wildcard & Sheppard 

@Sheppard was correct.

Edited by Joebl0w13

• Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

When brainstorming ideas on asa which buffoon actually thought allowing oviraptors collecting fert eggs was a good idea? Maybe if we had incubators. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out tribes can steal each other’s eggs using this method, if this is the sort of stupidity and brain dead ideas that we are up against you’ve ruined the game more than what it all ready is. Brought a new gen Xbox and upgraded to unreal engine5 to still lose tames falling through the map! Lol you’re the worst ever you never fail to amaze me with how Little effort you make 

• Facepalm 1