Invincible turkeys?

IRISHLAD955

How are people without gigas expected to kill these turkeys? official servers are tame capped now so can't even go tame a thyla for the bleed method.. please fix the turkeys being invincible to everything but gigas...
my rex with 500% MD, not great but its the best i've got so far, fought a turkey for 20 mins before a giga rider killed it in 4 bites... 

2 hours ago, Reizor86 said:

How are people without gigas expected to kill these turkeys? official servers are tame capped now so can't even go tame a thyla for the bleed method.. please fix the turkeys being invincible to everything but gigas...
my rex with 500% MD, not great but its the best i've got so far, fought a turkey for 20 mins before a giga rider killed it in 4 bites... 

They are supposed to be this tough. Because Low level players could also kill them with melee weapons. They have like an insane armor. Giga ignores armor, thats probably why they can beat them so easily. With pikes and other melee weapons its not that hard to kill them as you would expect, when compared to a battle with a Rex...
Pump your melee and pike them!

10 hours ago, Reizor86 said:

any bleed effect works.....thyla is well known, but also boosted allosaurs, carno, heck even the steggo stab once the turkey has been bashed around enough will work. But if you want, you can use nooblets turkey trap and use anything you want to use. Heck, just a couple campfires in the right place might be good enough.

If it was me, Id go with a carno, and 2x2 stone foundation, and single height doorway trap. Lure turkey into a 3 doorway box, put the last doorway to trap turkey inside, and then bring the carno in. Bleed the turkey out, and boom. Just like that.

Now in evolved, yeah. Thylo is king.....Just get a murder kitty, lure turkey to a boulder, hop onto the boulder, and get "just" close enough to hit the turkey.......Sometimes they would run away, but within a few secounds it would come back ready for round 2. Got enough for the dodo rex with this method.

1 hour ago, L4D2 said:

i kill them with my thyla but when i make a chibi out of the bones, it disappear once transferred to my backpack

3 minutes ago, cfrostyscriv said:

Yep same here, crafted 3, all vanished when transferring to personal inventory.

Umm you are looking at the cosmetics tab in inventory right? :)

• Thanks 1

Use a Compound Bow if your server is dino capped.

Compound Bows with Metal Arrows will work to bypass the turkeys armor.  I just re-tested it to make sure it still works. With a Compound bow (104%) and Stone arrow I hit for 77 damage. With a Metal Arrow I hit for 764. So around 30 metal arrows per turkey.

I normally use a 120-something Thyla with pumped health to kill them in 21-23 gnashes.Takes around 3-5 mins depending on adds. Bite then immediately jump and the turkeys usually wont hit you.

Edited by Moonie1

I just pike them to death.

They really don't do as much damage compared to ASE and as long as you keep hitting them and moving around you'll out-dps their high regeneration and avoid most of their attacks.

Just never stop attacking, but using a dino with no bleed or tremendous base damage is unrecommended because they get like 90% damage reduction which means they'll regenerate everything as you damage them.

This reduction does not apply to player melee weapons.

Edited by Wazzamaniac
  • Thanks 1