Community Crunch 387: Introducing Dreadnoughtus

StudioWildcard

14 hours ago, SharkBait27 said:

Still no new date for console which makes me think it will be the 30th

why not hold all of them off and not just drop pc giving them a ridiculous head start

14 hours ago, Sidetra said:

Umm so we still just saying soon for console?

14 hours ago, Soulhunter4tz3 said:

Thats a joke that console just gets the soon treatment again? Right?

I researched, ASA is coming to console on Monday, unless they are lying and just trying to get bad reviews.

• Confused 1

If that's the case they should just tell us that and divert the energy to Xbox , I mean either way not sure if a ton of people complaining is helping anything , but js don't take the blame if it's not your doing . I mean above all else it would just be nice to be better informed , hopefully we get answers today , but I'm not holding my breath 

Edited by Mdemonx1

1 hour ago, Galexme said:

I researched, ASA is coming to console on Monday, unless they are lying and just trying to get bad reviews.

Nope, ain't no way of that happening so get those torches and pitchforks ready. You know what's ironic...PS5 version wouldn't launch even if it passed cert before Xbox now....cause you can't have a MS partner launching it on PS before xbox. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordSithe said:

Guys  step back and think for a moment.  I know WC is crap when it comes to deadlines but I think this one is out of their hands.   Xbox requires games to be available to the series X and S to pass cert.  Now look at the spec differences between the series X and the Series S.   and look how hard it is to run on PC.   There is no way this can play on the series S  Microsoft needs to make it so games can be made soley for the series X or xbox is going to get left behind in so many games.  Look at Baldur's Gate.  Its out on PC and PS  but not Xbox  because the Series S cant run it.   Its the Same with ASA  it will play on the Series X  but not the Series S.    I think this is the exception  99% of the time is WC not being able to get their crap togther but this time I think its Microsoft making life miserable for them.  PS does have the same requirements to play on older systems.  So watch.  ASA will launch on PS as stated but Xbox likly wont get it until next year if at all.  If Microsoft doesnt fix this games will just stop developing for Xbox and well then the console dies.      Just my 2 cents

Old gen could still run ASE it was just buggy as hell. ASA should have NO problem on current gen even Series S because if you knew what you were talking about like you think you do then you’d know the talk around poop not working on Series S has been disproven time after time after time. The reason Baldur’s Gate 3 (which is a garbage game and franchise anyway) isn’t on Xbox is because there’s slight adjustments they’d have to make and are just too lazy to pull their heads out of their asses. I own both Series S and X and the performance difference is minuscule. In fact the only real difference between the consoles is slightly worse graphics on the S. Tons of devs who aren’t lazy say the Series S is beneficial for them and praise the console. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, Zoroarkillusion said:

Old gen could still run ASE it was just buggy as hell. ASA should have NO problem on current gen even Series S because if you knew what you were talking about like you think you do then you’d know the talk around poop not working on Series S has been disproven time after time after time. The reason Baldur’s Gate 3 (which is a garbage game and franchise anyway) isn’t on Xbox is because there’s slight adjustments they’d have to make and are just too lazy to pull their heads out of their asses. I own both Series S and X and the performance difference is minuscule. In fact the only real difference between the consoles is slightly worse graphics on the S. Tons of devs who aren’t lazy say the Series S is beneficial for them and praise the console. 

First off never said I knew what I was talking about.  its just my thoughts on the matter.  Pull up the specs between the S and X series ( I own both as well) The series X is double what the series S is.  In baldurs gate the issue was split screen multiplayer.  well ASA has the same stuff.  and ASA and ASE are far different in regards to being able to run them  Series S running ASE has nothing to do with ASA  They upgraded game engines.  Even high end computers are struggling with the game.  not saying it wont come out for Series S  but its going to take a long time.  we prob wont see ASA on console until Jan or Feb if at all.  I hope im wrong tho

• Haha 1

The reason that BG3 was not initially released on XBOX was M$ required feature parity.  Long ago Larian made the unwise decision to make the final city (Baldurs Gate) not have any instances, which has huge performance requirements (even high end PC had issues with the final game).   Coop split screen mode made this even worse because each player can go anywhere and they could not get that to run on S. 

That is not the game dev being lazy that is hardware limitations they ran into.    The only way to make it work on S was tightly leash their players (like ARK does) and instance the city, and they did not want to redesign the game that way because it would horribly impact the open ended gameplay.

M$ gave them an out once they blown away how successful BG3 was (keep in mind M$ had dismissed Larian as an exclusive/acquistiion target because they are in niche CRPG market which is not even remotely a GOTY possibility usually).  M$ basically caved on the coop mode requirement for XBS recognizing there was no way Larian could make it work for that game design.

What will be interesting is will all future game devs also get the same lack of features grace M$ gave Larian as far as coop mode on XBS or would they cause a certification holdup instead?

The difference between the company communication is huge though.  Larian CEO transparently tweeted all of the above it had absolutely nothing to do PS5 timed exclusive nor fanboyism, they had originally wanted all consoles and PC out at the same time to maximize their marketing hype (sexy bears) but even they delayed PS5 a month and had to wait for M$ to give them a reprieve so they can release EOY.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LordSithe said:

Guys  step back and think for a moment.  I know WC is crap when it comes to deadlines but I think this one is out of their hands.   Xbox requires games to be available to the series X and S to pass cert.  Now look at the spec differences between the series X and the Series S.

This reasoning is wrong: The specs of both systems are already a given fact for 3 years and PS5 is also not released yet.

7 hours ago, sir12oz said:

Bro done drank the Koolaid smh

No kidding. Him and another over on Twitter regurgitate the same stuff. I’m convinced they work for either WC and Snail. I could wash my truck in the amount of fanboy drool they spew. One of them actually tried to claim that ASA was a brad new game because it’s completely bug free. How does someone make that comment with a straight face? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LordSithe said:

Guys  step back and think for a moment.  I know WC is crap when it comes to deadlines but I think this one is out of their hands.   Xbox requires games to be available to the series X and S to pass cert.  Now look at the spec differences between the series X and the Series S.   and look how hard it is to run on PC.   There is no way this can play on the series S  Microsoft needs to make it so games can be made soley for the series X or xbox is going to get left behind in so many games.  Look at Baldur's Gate.  Its out on PC and PS  but not Xbox  because the Series S cant run it.   Its the Same with ASA  it will play on the Series X  but not the Series S.    I think this is the exception  99% of the time is WC not being able to get their crap togther but this time I think its Microsoft making life miserable for them.  PS does have the same requirements to play on older systems.  So watch.  ASA will launch on PS as stated but Xbox likly wont get it until next year if at all.  If Microsoft doesnt fix this games will just stop developing for Xbox and well then the console dies.      Just my 2 cents

Reasonable enough theory but its doesnt explain why the games been delayed an entire month for playstation with a vague "end of November" release date and xbox was the one that got a concrete release date in the first place. 

If series s was so far behind (and I'm sure it most likely is), why make the more tangible promises for the xbox platform. 

• Thanks 1

So we're getting to the point where we're just gonna give up on your game. You clearly can't give us information because either Doug or Jeremy refused to say anything. But clearly they said that they learned From their past mistakes clearly that was a lie. This whole company is a lie, you guys can't do anything right? You can't communicate with us, you can't let us know what's going on. We're tired of waiting. We've been waiting since July for the stupid game. You killed the servers for ASE . And now we are sitting around with a thumbs up our a** With false promises and false hope we were told. We were get an update at the end of the week. There is nothing here, so we do. Ced needs to be fired or you need to get somebody better that can do the job at communicating with us. But what is it snail won't let you say anything? Does he got the cat by the tongue like? What's going on? Start communicating with your community or you're gonna end up losing a community that loves the game that you have. This is because  the joke of the yrs . Snail games and wild card to clowns 

• Like 1

hey wildcard, can you tell epic games to stop fooling around with EOS certificates?

It took 7 hours of tries, wireshark debug and windows server certificate system clusterreptar to find a solution today to restore windows server 2019 ability to advertise servers for ASA and crossplay ASE.

They just broke me 8 servers and make me install back 2 damn hypervisor machines to find a workaround and a solution to something that should just work independently on EOS certificate system changes..

Edited by darkradeon

…..really WC? This many year’s in and you aren’t going to wipe crossplay servers? 

The rates would have to be set to 50x for anyone to catch up. You come off as casuals in the game you made. 

Anyone who has played Ark for more than 3 years could have predicted how this release would go. Excited Abberation to release and for the same exact players who exploited the picks the first time to do it again because YOU DONT PLAYTEST. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Reasonable enough theory but its doesnt explain why the games been delayed an entire month for playstation with a vague "end of November" release date and xbox was the one that got a concrete release date in the first place. 

If series s was so far behind (and I'm sure it most likely is), why make the more tangible promises for the xbox platform. 

So I think the delay for PS is just in hopes they can get Xbox squared away first.  Kind of buying time.  WC is partnered with Xbox  I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't like it and would possibly pull funding if they released a product to a competitor before them.  And that is 100% on WC.  they lie and are so far from transparent it isn't even funny.  Its shadow games they are playing right now.  They are saying PS is on track still but no date for xbox  If I'm right I'm betting if xbox isn't ready by the end of the month they will make up some excuse to delay PS launch.   I truly hope I am wrong.  I just cant see them releasing for ps before Xbox with who they are partnered with. 

• Sad 1

I mean, do they hope? I think it is not necessary to discredit that they gave hope to the players at least for some information. They can't even make a game without information. Have you sung a whole content on dino, but have you completely forgotten about your duty? Here you are the moderator and be responsible for their mistakes and empty words. What the reptar is going on there? that they can't tell us this normally and clearly? There's no way I won't believe that it's impossible to say a few words.

Я имею в виду, надеются ли они? Я думаю, не стоит дискредитировать то, что они дали надежду игрокам хотя бы на какую-то информацию. Они даже не могут создать игру без информации. Вы спели целый контент для dino, но полностью забыли о своих обязанностях? Здесь вы модератор и несете ответственность за их ошибки и пустые слова. Что за хрень там происходит? что они не могут сказать нам об этом нормально и внятно? Я ни за что не поверю, что невозможно сказать несколько слов.