Community Crunch 386: Community Corner and More!

StudioWildcard

Was the crunch lackluster? 

Sure. 

Do I think that is a problem? 

Not really. 

Would I prefer actual news like the realese date of ASA for Playstation? 

Absolutely. 

Am I able to wait for news, the Dreadnaughtus dossier and so much more? 

Unlike most of the whining, snot-nosed brats in this comments who can't act civilized because they don't get what they want... Yes I can. 

The whole Team at wildcard is working tirelessly (for months) on these games, software, coding, artwork and much more. 

I am so unbelievable fed up with the demanding and general negativity in the comments and community, it's not even funny anymore. 

Hate me all you want, I don't care. 

They have many problems simultaneously to tackle, so the crunches for the next week's could be a bit simpler. 

DEAL WITH IT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

Someone there is saying game development is difficult, and we should empathize with them. Why should we? You go to a restaurant to eat, the food is bad, do you forgive the chef? Because cooking is difficult?

This is a huge joke.

Update: If the game could run smoothly, all of this would be fine. But it frequently throws errors and the game shuts down. Empathize? Zzzzz.

Edited by VitoWu
  • Like 1

I don't hear anyone disappointed with the fact they basically confirmed another xbox delay. 
"stay tuned for more information on the ASA launch for Xbox next week!"

That literally means next week they will give us more information on the ASA launch for xbox. Previously it was said Nov 14th launch. So you can bet from what they said Tuesday will be just a notice of yet another delay. 

Grrrrrr.

WildCard is a joke. PsN has the biggest player base, compared to PC, or Xbox and Wildcard has done nothing but disregard them. I don't know any game thats ever said lets release our game over the course of two months. Like thats a bad joke. Your team should be ashamed, like your supposed to be a triple AAA title. You don't act like one. Same answers every week, and you guys act like your holding on for something special or like you think your games big enough that you don't need consoles. Lol can't wait to watch how long after all the DLCs come out before you  ask everyone to repay for the game again. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, ShebbNaub said:

I think the community needs to be a little more positive to wildcard. 
making a game is hard. I get there are issues with the game but they are working hard to fix them.

give them a break 

We would give them a little more positiveness.

If they at least give it back. Because clearly from the last few crunches and too many complaints, its clear as day that is not possible.

3 hours ago, EasyOfflineSurvivalDude said:

Was the crunch lackluster? 

Sure. 

Do I think that is a problem? 

Not really. 

Would I prefer actual news like the realese date of ASA for Playstation? 

Absolutely. 

Am I able to wait for news, the Dreadnaughtus dossier and so much more? 

Unlike most of the whining, snot-nosed brats in this comments who can't act civilized because they don't get what they want... Yes I can. 

The whole Team at wildcard is working tirelessly (for months) on these games, software, coding, artwork and much more. 

I am so unbelievable fed up with the demanding and general negativity in the comments and community, it's not even funny anymore. 

Hate me all you want, I don't care. 

They have many problems simultaneously to tackle, so the crunches for the next week's could be a bit simpler. 

DEAL WITH IT. 

The problem with Wildcard is that they have dealt with too much issues. Financial, gameplay etc. 

They broke too many promises to the point the community will just up their pitchforks. I am not even going to point every single fault they did there, because there's way too many.

Its true that some of us are just whiny lil dodos or snot-nosed brat that can't behave civilized, but that doesn't mean we are always in the wrong here. Its because of too many broken promises and too many issues plagued with ASA development that caused people to start hating them.

It doesn't matter if they did a lot of thing, if they choose to break the promise and made themselves the laughing stock, no amount of hard work will make them climb out of the hole they dug too deep in.

People can wait, but if the devs continues to only post little crunch every single week, people are going to get fed up with what they are doing. They might as well only post crunch when its necessary with some juicy info, not just post one just to fill it with nonsensical details. People don't want to waste their few minutes time to look at crunch only to be nothing but little details every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everybody sticking up for wildcard is kinda funny LOL they have had this game for 8years and even with a remaster and supposedly fresh code, we get the same game with same bugs and exploits. Not a single new game mechanic has been added either or new creature animations. Game was a legit copy and paste with better graphics…….

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, HumanSeriesX said:

I don't hear anyone disappointed with the fact they basically confirmed another xbox delay. 
"stay tuned for more information on the ASA launch for Xbox next week!"

That literally means next week they will give us more information on the ASA launch for xbox. Previously it was said Nov 14th launch. So you can bet from what they said Tuesday will be just a notice of yet another delay. 

Grrrrrr.

(I'm also on XBox, but..) you may have read it correctly but the sentence can also be read as CONFIRMATION that it will be released "in" the next week: "stay tuned for more information" .... "on the ASA launch for Xbox next week!" (Tuesday is part of "next week")

I can't be sure which of the two readings is the right one but LET'S TRY NOT TO ALWAYS SEEK JUST NEGATIVITY, we know WC's VERY BAD information policy (disinformation) so no one believes anymore in nothing that was promised by WC, but this does not take away the fact that IT IS IN THEIR INTEREST to put the various versions on sale as soon as possible (for money, not for customer satisfaction), while for us players it doesn't change our lives a week in more or less!! 

I realized that my game was taken away from me on March 31st with the announcement of the closure of the Official Servers and since I'm on XBox (Official Legacy Pve) I can't get my save game for free even if I kept my base and my dinos until the last day (despite the sense of uselessness and loss of all the work created) and despite the disappointment I will buy Ark again to find my two dear friends; it was supposed to come out by the end of October for everyone and we learned that it would be announced with in the XBox Event, October 25th was my birthday and I had taken leave from work both that day and also the whole Halloween week to start Asa full time and prepare for the Extralife Event...result: on the 25th they announced the delay for the consoles!! Yet another slap in the face as a birthday present and unused work holidays... 

I am the first to be OFFENDED but, even after 7 months of disappointments and false promises, staying here criticizing only the negative and even writing insults ( and there are quite a few who write about it) I just find it CHILDISH!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AsE: had bugs from the start and are still current today; never gonna get fixed

AsA: starting to have major bugs that annoy the people paid and playing it; probably not going to get fixed for awhile considering the last Community Crunches.

If I had a penny for every time someone said “fix your game wildcard” I would be a millionaire. Please atleast fix SOME bugs on both Arks it might not happen but I can only hope

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HitUrgSpot said:

They can't help that PS has a lot of checks they have to go through to get "verified" before launching. You can blame Sony for that. It isn't on them.

That’s almost entirely on them though. When you as a company know that a product you intend to disperse to multiple other companies will take notably longer with one particular company to get cleared you do the smart thing and get that ball rolling as early as possible. If the company in question continues to stymie you in spite of that effort you inform the consumer base on the matter rather than make a vague statement on releasing it at a later date. Considering the complaints we’ve seen from the pc crowd those verification checks aren’t exactly unwarranted. Also regardless of which platform is the largest the fact remains that a sizable chunk of the consumer base is not buying the product. The longer the product remains off the shelf, the more time the people that have the product have to point out the flaws, the more potential profit is lost as the prospective consumers are lost both by the complaints and by moving on after running out of patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eleonor said:

Quindi niente evento EVO? I server stanno morendo a causa di ritardi estremi (anche se il server dice 80 ping, sappiamo TUTTI che è MOLTO più alto di quello) + rollback estremi tutto il giorno, non è sorprendente che tu non ne parli?

9 hours ago, LEON1DAZ said:

Dov'è il dossier Dreadnaughtus? 

9 hours ago, PrimalNacho said:

Nessun voto per le creature 😢

8 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Nessuna informazione sul voto delle creature o sul dossier di Dreadnoughtus (spero che non vada bene con tutto questo tempo impiegato. ..).

8 hours ago, Jakoby33 said:

Nessun evento EVO e dobbiamo affrontare rollback continui per tutto il giorno. Carino.

..and one more thing: to all those who complain about not seeing the new dossier (of a Dino who will arrive in a thousand months) and the new shipments of creatures (which we will see in a thousand years): ARE YOU TALKING SERIOUSLY??! ! 

Do you understand that WC is currently in the lion's den between being able to launch the game on consoles and bug reports/resolutions as well as scary instability?? Do you really think this is something that is needed now (messing up the situation even more)??

This also applies to those who denounce WC's lack of respect in not activating the Evo event (to recover losses from Crashes? if you continue to lose progress, having an Evo would only make you lose more progress..): be aware that triggering events is known to further increase Server instability and I think that's the worst thing right now (I bet last week's trigger was for WC just like Test).

Each of us has the right to give our own criticisms, but before moving our fingers (writing) let's learn to reflect with brains..

Edited by CervantesMor
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ShebbNaub said:

I think the community needs to be a little more positive to wildcard. 
making a game is hard. I get there are issues with the game but they are working hard to fix them.

give them a break 

Nonsense. They outright lied to us.

The crossbow reload glitch is still in the game!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1/ As for Sony testing, it takes between 3 to 5 days, Xbox is 2 to 4 days for a game, the only difference is ps work on weekends and Xbox don't. This came up in conversation a while back with another game. So In Theroy we should of heard something by now regarding release on PS. If wc are being truthful with us. 

2/ Asa will always be broken, Wc said they would fix Ase but never did, instead started adding new dinos to the game to hush everyone up and continued doing this strat until today. How many times were the servers/community in rage about the state of the game? then a new dino would be announced. Which in turn change our focus to said dino for a short time. 

3/ For this game to be fully optimised we need a new company at the forefront not wc who definitely have made a great game they just don't know how to finish it. 

• Thanks 1