Community Crunch 385: Console and LiveOps Update, Extra Life Update, and More!

StudioWildcard

As far as i can see no one is winning with this situation. PC players are experiencing so many crashes, playing a game that is massively untested, and this is just in single player let alone online.

So there is no way Sony were going to allow a broken game to be released as it has been on PC. I can't comment on Xbox as I have has PS products since the PS1 but Sony have always been very strict to unsure a game actually works somewhat.

WIldcard should of known this, No one forced them to say they would all be released at the same time. They put this on themselves. After the Nitrado loan they could of done themselves a favour and said that it was unlikely that all platforms would be released the same time knowing a huge deadline loomed and that it was unlikely it would pass cert on console.

This all falls on Snail games and Wildcard management who run about like headless dodo's because they can't manage a game launch or their money. Launching a trailer on Xbox partners thing, then announcing it will be released on steam later that day and that consoles will be delayed is a perfect example of headless dodo's, Surely info should be reported by one means first, like a hub, like official website or survivetheark.com then filters down through x (twitter), discord etc 

Unfortunately the result is the the amazing art/design team at Wildcard who have not only created an amazing trailer but a great graphics upgrade from ASE but the community is presented with a huge Sh*t sandwich, regardless of platform, which we are all having to bite.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Mrkunio said:

As far as i can see no one is winning with this situation. PC players are experiencing so many crashes, playing a game that is massively untested, and this is just in single player let alone online.

So there is no way Sony were going to allow a broken game to be released as it has been on PC. I can't comment on Xbox as I have has PS products since the PS1 but Sony have always been very strict to unsure a game actually works somewhat.

WIldcard should of known this, No one forced them to say they would all be released at the same time. They put this on themselves. After the Nitrado loan they could of done themselves a favour and said that it was unlikely that all platforms would be released the same time knowing a huge deadline loomed and that it was unlikely it would pass cert on console.

This all falls on Snail games and Wildcard management who run about like headless dodo's because they can't manage a game launch or their money. Launching a trailer on Xbox partners thing, then announcing it will be released on steam later that day and that consoles will be delayed is a perfect example of headless dodo's, Surely info should be reported by one means first, like a hub, like official website or survivetheark.com then filters down through x (twitter), discord etc 

Unfortunately the result is the the amazing art/design team at Wildcard who have not only created an amazing trailer but a great graphics upgrade from ASE but the community is presented with a huge Sh*t sandwich, regardless of platform, which we are all having to bite.

Interesting comparisons, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Would the price be too high for a baggy game?  Nobody said it would be pretty, beautiful and wonderful.  I was not impressed with this new candy packaging, it was known that Premiere ASA would never come out as expected.  As mentioned, Sony certification always takes time, so you should report it in advance for certification to be published on time.  (There are other multiplatform games on PS, where updates are available equally for everyone) only problems with the ASA code extend the SONY certification time.  In fact, we have the same chocolate in the ASA packaging, but many of you have already abandoned us and we do not intend to return to the game.  And I'll wait for the new chocolate when it's free.  I'll just add it to the collection.  For me, starting another annoying game with the same bugs (and they are also updated to UE5) is not an option.  WC/SG treated ASE XBOX and PS players like rags.  He had to release what he had for the PC even with errors to meet certain deadlines.  The rest will remain the same, nothing will change and only because it's WC/SG and their unreliability.  They have never lived up to their promises and will continue to do so.  And my forum account should probably be deleted.  There's nothing left for us here.  ARK died for me forever, despite the time I devoted to the game with my wife.  There is no point in being a member of this WC/SG community anymore, they have simply destroyed it.  That's it.

P.S.

GP , can you delete my account from this forum?  I didn't find this option on the profile.

Edited by Noffek
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Luizza said:

If you read the crunch it says these will be NEW servers. Everyone will start on those at same time. There are no transfers between servers on current PC. Everyone on there will have a brand new char. There are also console only servers.

Doesn’t matter if it’s new servers pc players are the biggest cheaters in gaming history. Wayyyyyyyy more people cheat on pc then console. Pc players should be restricted to playing by themselves until gaming companies figure out a way to ban anyone instantly from loading in with cheat programs or messing with program files to get an upper hand on others in the game. 

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, MibsXX said:

Untill that day comes when the fresh new ps server launches... level 1 players from both PC and X Box join BUT have sooo much more knowledge of the new game they steamroller through it....and the fast emptied servers they left get closed.. this is only going to become more of a mess as time rolls on

I was thinking of this as well, boosted rates is just a band aid to try to get the PS5 players up to speed. But its the in game know how. I'm sure it's like ASE but with new features that us ps5 players best case scenario will learn only from the other platform streamers.

Honestly don't get me wrong it's a disappointment to us PS5 players to always come last, but I guess that's what happens when games are easily designed on PC and their Xbox partnership. But I would've been more surprised if PS5  came out along with Xbox. Wildcards track record with on time releases is ridiculous. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mrkunio said:

It's greed but business snail is awful with there track record not to mention it's all out there for everyone to see all anyone has to do is just look it up. I do feel bad to a point for WC because this game is their passion, but the lack of them building consumer trust is awful. Now the rough pill to swallow WC knew what state their product was in when announced for PC at an xbox event mind you but they choose to release the game in its state to PC and broken promises to console. Profits over consumer. 

Me personally I'll buy ASA regardless because I love what they created but the way they treat their customers is just the way they are as a company.

• Thanks 1

I can not believe people are blaming Sony. They have always been tough on games they don't allow 90% of the poop that's on steam or Xbox and I'm glad for it. The game is total garbage ASE is a pile of buggy poop on the console and ASA is also a buggy pile of poop and it's down to Wildcard they made it, they are the developers. I can guarantee we will not get this game until 2024 the same as when we got ASE over a year later on PS4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, moaningmini said:

As much as soon can be.  so playstation get two days to prep for extra life so no point then only get two weeks of bonus rates if you haven't lied so much a d gave us soon so much I wouldnt be so angry that I've now decided that I won't even bother as I'll be so far behind on cross play. I really don't think it will be end of November so it's by from me I've stayed up all night to be so disappointed 

server transfer is disabled.

new servers will launch as soon as it release for you guys.

you will have boosted rate from the start for several weeks all days just coz you guys getting the game later.

honestly as a PC Player, I would have rather I had your situation coz I would get a better experience and a faster, more convenient play instead and no, I would not feel far behind coz of everyone in server starting just now and server transfer is disabled and I am getting boosted rates !

let alone you guys have advantage of more knowledge early one, I would have already played different on first week and first tames or wild baby tames (how to get boosted lvl on them) and many more if i had the knowledge i have today which you can have on launch if you want and watch a few youtube video on it.

• Confused 1

How can you put this on Sony? You know the requirements for a game on their platform this isn’t your first time dealing with them so don’t try passing this off as their issue. If it’s a mod issue try using Bethesda techniques as fallout 4 and skyrym both have mods available. Try being truthful with your community and upfront with the details and quit trying to BS us with vague statements. You say you have to negotiate with Sony? As a person who works contracting this should have been done months ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

once again you confirm that you are an unserious software house, you can see it from how you manage communication, it seems that you are constantly making fun of us, you write "consoles date" in the title and then you confirm only one... you deserve that console players tell you they would boycott! and then you write end of November for playstation but you are still capable of slipping!

I said it in my comments all the way back before August. It was always going to have a 3-4 month delay and be a staggered release with PC first, Xbox second and last PS5, because I know how you clowns work. You've always treated PS customers as second rate, which is why you lied about that next gen upgrade 3yrs ago now and always kept it as the worst optimised version of the game. So, this just reaffirms the pattern hasn't changed and the PS5 version will once again be the worst optimised with the most delays.  As a Playstation customer, I'm not going to spend another 2 yrs getting 2nd rate treatment again whilst paying the same to get less. Even though I commented only 2 days ago my intention for buying it, now really I'm done with your BS because I know for certain I'll be setting myself up again for a 2nd rate experience all over again. 

Also, you put ASA up on the Playstation store wishlist, but you've used the same screenshots from the PC trailer which is false, misleading advertising. Put some actual in game pics&trailer so the customers actually understand what they're getting.

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

the server 5449 crashed a long time ago 8h, I think it must have crashed during 1h I stayed only 15 mins because it was 2h in the morning at home and I could afford to stay longer.
The piranha are glitched with the axe and we are forced to cut them with the spear.

Impossible to place the forges and workshops as we want we are forced to place it vertically in the middle of the foundation or against the wall it looks ugly, I am disgusted as a builder.

And all that is not to mention the badly reptared hits on the parasaur or the badly screwed leaves because it managed to touch half of them. Ah and also the bullpoop of having completely removed the marking on the map, we can neither indicate on the map where is our base, nor mark a landmark on a place or resources discovered or a dino that we saw and like the tame 5 mins later.

Edited by Jobard
  • Confused 1

Everyone is talking about the delay, but I only have 1 question, which is will it be released to the GamePass cloud? I've been a big fan of Ark since its release, watching several gameplays but without the opportunity to For me to be able to play ASA, it will have to be released on xcloud since I don't have an Xbox, PS or a good PC that can run ASA... (I hope someone reads this) I'm Brazilian 👍🏽

9 hours ago, Chinstrap8739 said:

That is not fair for those of us on PS. Now we have to watch Xbox play without us too? Not only are we later, but we don’t even get a date?

The disappointments don't end....wait till you see how it looks and runs on consoles, especially on PS that's historically the worst optimised. It'll be worse than what ASE looks on PC and run at 20FPS, guaranteed....and stability...oof!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1