Community Crunch 385: Console and LiveOps Update, Extra Life Update, and More!

StudioWildcard

Can we also please get ODP / Offline Damage Prevention turned back on Official PVE Servers as well please? Like we had on Official/Legacy ASE Servers? People are getting their work wiped by players kiting Titans to peoples bases, and reporting them isn't working even though they are breaking pve tos.  (Ignore the Quote box below, for whatever reason it added it, and won't let me remove it.)

On 9/29/2023 at 7:55 PM, darkradeon said:

Edited by XytalRiz
Unable to Remove the phantom Quote Box
  • Like 2

Xbox Launch

• We’ll also be onlining our first set of console-specific servers at this moment so that players who do not want to play on crossplay can play on those

PlayStation Launch

• We’ll also be onlining an additional set of console-specific servers with higher rates that will get synchronized by mid-December

"additional set of console-specific servers"  does not mean PlayStation only servers. They made a point to specify the "Xbox only servers" when talking about the nov 14th launch. 

Is this wildcard attempting to hide the fact that ps5 players will be forced into servers with xbox whether they want it or not?
PS5 users will not want to play with the other platforms after the clear advantage you have given them. The breeding rates mean nothing, the loot table quality will be well and truly nerfed into the ground by the time ps5 players get to play. They will have max dura armour/saddle bps within days of logging on and we ps5 players will have the junk loot table, the kind that is currently on the island on ASE, where a semi decent bp is considered ultra rare and takes weeks to find. 

Wildcards management need to acknowledge the criticism contained in all these comments, instead of dismissing them. The entire time playing ASE, not once was I given the equivalent value of my losses when putting in a ticket to wildcard. It was always out of their power to return that which was lost due to their faults, we were always given less than we were owed and told we should voice our concerns to someone else if we wanted that to change. 

For such a vocal group of wildcard employees that demand "equality" from the world, you would think they would have a problem with the unfair treatment of their player base in all these situations.

• Thanks 2

after the steam release now news of xboxs i dont really think i want it now iv seen the vids on streams nothing really new just a good old slap to play station players truth the bad stains are covering ark 2 now for me . you learner nothing since arks original release on ps4 like 8 years ago

Edited by davidj1232012
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Garyo86 said:

"additional set of console-specific servers"  does not mean PlayStation only servers. They made a point to specify the "Xbox only servers" when talking about the nov 14th launch. 

Is this wildcard attempting to hide the fact that ps5 players will be forced into servers with xbox whether they want it or not?
PS5 users will not want to play with the other platforms after the clear advantage you have given them. The breeding rates mean nothing, the loot table quality will be well and truly nerfed into the ground by the time ps5 players get to play. They will have max dura armour/saddle bps within days of logging on and we ps5 players will have the junk loot table, the kind that is currently on the island on ASE, where a semi decent bp is considered ultra rare and takes weeks to find. 

Wildcards management need to acknowledge the criticism contained in all these comments, instead of dismissing them. The entire time playing ASE, not once was I given the equivalent value of my losses when putting in a ticket to wildcard. It was always out of their power to return that which was lost due to their faults, we were always given less than we were owed and told we should voice our concerns to someone else if we wanted that to change. 

For such a vocal group of wildcard employees that demand "equality" from the world, you would think they would have a problem with the unfair treatment of their player base in all these situations.

Well said. 🙏 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Garyo86 said:

This right here

1 hour ago, Shadowarlord said:

YOU SHOULDN'T have launched pc if console wasn’t finished or ready. This is absolutely 100% BS!!! And us Console players do not want to play with pc we want cross play with PlayStation that’s it. PC is filled with way more cheaters then we wanna deal with honestly. And your gonna allow cross play with pc Day one are you sick in the fkin head? You gave them a month to play the game develop hacks and cheats that they can use in ASA and ur gonna allow them to play with console day one what a joke dude!!! I’m beyond livid. And I’m an Xbox player also saying this isn’t fair to PlayStation what so ever. they should be launching on the 14th also. It’s not fair for them to be starting late on servers where everyone else has already started on. boosted rates does not justify this at all and what you wanna bring up PlayStation exclusive servers like ur doing with Xbox.? We want cross play but your not giving anyone the option to play together because NO ONE WANTS TO START ON SERVERS THAT ARE ALREADY BEEN PLAYED ON!!! all the good spots will be taken And lord forbid you wanna play PVE with ur cross play friends because everything is gonna be pillared. Your ruining ur game more then you even care to realize. Your mindset is either we will deal with it or run to ur little partners Nitrado to rent servers that we don’t care for. You really enjoy screwing over your players don’t you. 

If you read the crunch it says these will be NEW servers. Everyone will start on those at same time. There are no transfers between servers on current PC. Everyone on there will have a brand new char. There are also console only servers.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Luizza said:

If you read the crunch it says these will be NEW servers. Everyone will start on those at same time. There are no transfers between servers on current PC. Everyone on there will have a brand new char. There are also console only servers.

They were very specific and careful with the wording re Xbox servers, and a slightly differently worded Playstation section....

Untill that day comes when the fresh new ps server launches... level 1 players from both PC and X Box join BUT have sooo much more knowledge of the new game they steamroller through it....and the fast emptied servers they left get closed.. this is only going to become more of a mess as time rolls on

Edited by MibsXX
  • Like 1

Thanks for launching your game like a bunch of idiots! Why didn't you complete everything need for all systems first, run a small closed beta test group for each system, fix some bugs then launch all three platforms with a months notice on the same day! People want warning for a launch, time of work, ect. You have screwed over and angered so many player by launching like this and i get the joy of being in the playstation group which gets screw over worse than everyone else. Good Job!

2 hours ago, SLlCK said:

I for the life of me cannot understand why all the developers are so interested in this cross play crap. stop wasting time on cross play, nobody wants to play with cheaters.

Some games do just fine with crossplay (Chivalry, path of titans, warframe). The problem is that the very territorial and competitive nature of ark is so innately hostile to any sort of late start that crossplay ONLY works at any decent capacity when everyone starts on an even ground. Players new to ark as a whole are already at a massive disadvantage compared to long time players, now those that are new and aren’t on Pc are at a bigger disadvantage and those that are on PlayStation even moreso. 

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 1

I find it hilarious (especially at this point) that Playstation owners (or ANY console owners) hope for the same release treatment as Xbox players.....It is a Steam/PC game...The entire concept around "console release" was known that Xbox would be priority, if you didnt know that then you havn't been following this entire WC/ARK wave of pain sweat and tears close enough over the last 8 years. 

Edited by Zite
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, OldHead said:

As a playstation player that has had the game since legacy, has 10k+ hours played on official and small tribes and has paid for every dlc map.... 😔 what a slap in the face. 🙃

Same here

But we get boosted rates lmao

Too whoever thinks that PS players would join servers 3-5 weeks established I just don't see it happening PvP or pve

People I previously played with seem are opting for PS only or unofficial for mods.

And your launch of we are doing all at once, cool fair game, but now all staggered I hope you have alot of PS only servers ready, and OC please not get just 2 for the love of god, 8 years of queing, fighting for Gametime ! one would think you would have learnt from past experience.

Final thought here on X-Play you open a new server when PS finally releases who then has to download game while PC/Xbox just start playing, no matter how I try to get a positive from this I can't cause PS will have its own teething issues.What a mess 😂😂😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zite said:

I find it hilarious (especially at this point) that Playstation owners (or ANY console owners) hope for the same release treatment as Xbox players.....It is a Steam/PC game...The entire concept around "console release" was known that Xbox would be priority, if you didnt know that then you havn't been following this entire WC/ARK wave of pain sweat and tears close enough over the last 8 years. 

It's not hope or wishful thinking, it was clearly stated, nay promised, by Wildcard, multiple times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1