No Longer Able to Run Private ASA Servers... maybe?

Arambourgiania

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DirkInSA said:

So it seems from the stuff on the table as at ASA release the capability to run private servers has effectively been killed.

I ain't bought the release (ASA) so cannot comment directly around the validity of this, but as it stands there seems not to be a "Server" Steam ID download, and further there seems not to be an option to "Launch  Dedicated server" in the main game release.

From comments  in various places (mostly on Nitrado web site);  It seems to be possible to run (for free) one server for each ASA game install that you have purchased. Therefore to run a cluster, you need to go buy ASA for each map that you want to host. Instead of being able to host what you like for anyone for free.

For a guy that was already well skeptical on the merits of a re-mastered release of a game I currently have and play, I have to say that the chances of me buying this "fancy new" old ark has dropped to exactly 0%

Sure and its early release - but stuff like this that goes out at release it not likely to alter over time? Bye Bye my $ to AsA!

Perhaps your account should be renamed DirkNotInSA then. 🙃

• Haha 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to No Longer Able to Run Private ASA Servers

Ha Ha

Before you can review a game on Steam, you must first own the game. You can buy games by logging in through Steam’s website or installing Steam on your computer and launching the desktop app.

So I cannot even go warn peeps on the steam platform without buying the stupid game.
Bugger this is rapine and pillage unseen since roman times!
@All you guys that actually bought into the Snail / WC money grab - PLEASE go post on Steam!!!!!

6 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Ha Ha

Before you can review a game on Steam, you must first own the game. You can buy games by logging in through Steam’s website or installing Steam on your computer and launching the desktop app.

So I cannot even go warn peeps on the steam platform without buying the stupid game.
Bugger this is rapine and pillage unseen since roman times!
@All you guys that actually bought into the Snail / WC money grab - PLEASE go post on Steam!!!!!

You can try to warn people in steam discussions of ASA, but its a mess there.

2 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Clearly you have no idea about playing on or running private ark servers ..........

Clearly you know nothing about me to even say that... I have been running a cluster since 2016 in ASE, but I don't see what that has to do with what I said. I'm going to redo the configuration for ASM now that I have the app id's for everything and will report back when I have it working. I think people need to calm down, it hasn't even been out for 24 hours and they had a huge issue with official servers due to people becoming admins. Cut Wildcard a little slack.

6 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Not gonna happen - this is core networking game code - not something that can be "moded"

Actually it's more likely that it's the 'illegal' part that would stop people. People are dang crafty, but no one really wants a big lawsuit or jail sentences over reverse engineering a video game.

Edited by UnethicalOctopus

1 minute ago, mindless2831 said:

Clearly you know nothing about me to even say that... I have been running a cluster since 2016 in ASE, but I don't see what that has to do with what I said. I'm going to redo the configuration for ASM now that I have the app id's for everything and will report back when I have it working. I think people need to calm down, it hasn't even been out for 24 hours and they had a huge issue with official servers due to people becoming admins. Cut Wildcard a little slack.

Cool and good luck - without buying a copy of ASA for each map instance (sure and now there is only "The Island"), but PLEASE try and run 2 instances of that map - especially on 1 sever ....... and THEN report back.

9 minutes ago, UnethicalOctopus said:

Uhh did this actually solve the problem. I'm just looking for clarity here.

1 server per account

you cannot run multiple steam account in same system even if you but x  copies of asa, it's a steam limitation.

clusters are just on nitrado.

they killed unofficial

dead game in 1 day.

gg snail, gg nitrado.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to No Longer Able to Run Private ASA Servers... maybe?