The double-dealing, dishonesty and shenanigans continue, chapter 35

Pipinghot

Here's a lovely image for any suckers people who believed that ASA was going to include all of the canon maps for just one price.

This is the current description that WIldCard has published on Twitch, describing what is included in the base game of ASA that they're about to release into EA. Notice the absolute lack of any canon maps in this new description of the base game. You may recall that not that long ago, WC said ASA would include all of the canon maps. You may recall that even more recently WC said that ASA would release with both The Island and Scorched Earth.

Now... it's just The Island. Everyone can look forward to the inevitable news that WC is going to charge separately for each of the canon maps when they get "remastered" and added to ASA, then eventually they'll have new season passes, just like ASE did.

By the time they're done, you're going to pay for Every. Piece. Of. Content. a second time, you can count on that.

image.png.5c461e5be87747785bd1bcb57b260ef9.png

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Sad 2

• Pipinghot changed the title to The double-dealing, dishonesty and shenanigans continue, chapter 35
1 minute ago, DanMingo said:

I have sunk over 6000 hours in ARK. I've gotten more than money's worth 10x over. I would happily pay for an updated version of this game and each subsequent map knowing the value I got out of ASE. If you don't want to buy the game or pay for the maps, then don't. It's as simple as that.

No body should have an issue with paying for a product they enjoy to use. People do have issues with broken promisses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They changed that in June. Crunch 368.

What they said in June was "We’ve also decided to separate the release date of The Island and Scorched Earth." but they didn't say that SE is no longer part of the base game (and the base price). Separating the release date vs. making them two separate packages are not the same thing. One price with two release dates is not the same as two prices with two release dates.

The image shown in the OP doesn't explicitly state that SE will have a separate price, but it strongly implies it, something that was not implied in CC 368.

46 minutes ago, DanMingo said:

I have sunk over 6000 hours in ARK. I've gotten more than money's worth 10x over. I would happily pay for an updated version of this game and each subsequent map knowing the value I got out of ASE. If you don't want to buy the game or pay for the maps, then don't. It's as simple as that.

You're missing the point, it's not really about the price. The point of this thread is to take notice of the latest in a long string of WC being deceptive about ASA and moving the goalposts with every announcement. But your point is true, you have the right to pay for dishonesty, double-dealing and shenanigans if that's the kind of thing you like paying for.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Duffmek said:

Hmmmmmm interesting buuut its 'could' just be a typo ... however .... time will tell ...

That's true, it could be. But based on the disinformation campaign WC has been engaged in starting with the January/March announcements, I'm betting that they're moving the goal posts (again).

• Sad 1

• Volunteer Moderator
20 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Here's a lovely image for any suckers people who believed that ASA was going to include all of the canon maps for just one price.

This is the current description that WIldCard has published on Twitch, describing what is included in the base game of ASA that they're about to release into EA. Notice the absolute lack of any canon maps in this new description of the base game. You may recall that not that long ago, WC said ASA would include all of the canon maps. You may recall that even more recently WC said that ASA would release with both The Island and Scorched Earth.

Now... it's just The Island. Everyone can look forward to the inevitable news that WC is going to charge separately for each of the canon maps when they get "remastered" and added to ASA, then eventually they'll have new season passes, just like ASE did.

By the time they're done, you're going to pay for Every. Piece. Of. Content. a second time, you can count on that.

image.png.5c461e5be87747785bd1bcb57b260ef9.png

That description is a copy/paste of the original announcement:

On 3/31/2023 at 5:38 PM, StudioWildcard said:

ARK: Survival Ascended is a next-generation remaster of our beloved ARK: Survival Evolved, harnessing the power of Unreal Engine 5. It will be released on Xbox Series S/X, PC (Windows/Steam), and PlayStation 5 by the end of August 2023. The base game will include The Island, SOTF, and all the “Non-Canon” DLC maps (which will be added to ASA over time). 

In any case, IGDB is managed by Twitch and anyone can suggest games/edits. The ASA page was  Ilhs8GQ.png and appears to reflect the latest info that was announced:

aiAC6TR.png