Whats your favorite ark creature?

Dinoonyx

Rexes. I know they aren't exactly meta for boss fights anymore, and late game they're outclassed on most maps by tames like Wyverns, Manas, Shadows, etc. etc. 

But I'm from a time before the Island had a Swamp and Snow biome, and the biggest things you could tame were Spinos, Brontos, and Rexes. And getting my first Rex (Which was like level 18) was a HUGE breaking point for me. I wasn't running home at night to wait it out or leaving Alpha Raptors alone anymore, I was trekking through the map and challenging anything that stood in my way. The moment I got my Rex, I really felt like I had "beaten the game" and become unstoppable. 

Sure, other creatures nowadays have the Rex beat in all departments, but even when I get my hands on Manas, Carchars, Rhynio, or the million other crazy creatures we have now, I don't get that feeling. I think it's because those creatures were "made" to be powerful if that makes sense, and it steals a bit of authenticity from them. They're all trying to 1Up the last release, but the Rex was powerful from the start. 

• Like 1

Me and my buddy used to love jumping around on those derpy looking frogs back in the day, but Maewings eventually outclassed them. 

I think it might be griffins overall. When they got introduced it was a game changer. The average player finally had something to fight back against Wyverns.

Some of my most fun times in Ark were on Rag where that same buddy and I had battles against the oppressive evil Wyverns

• Like 1

Too many to choose one. I have a love of trikes, sad they got a speed nerf and lumber along now but I still love them and tend to hoard them. I also hoard Tapijaras.  I tend to use Carnos a lot too for ground travel, they are small enough to have good speed and turning but big enough to take on most things that would otherwise eat your face. They fit in most dungeon caves as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1