Community Crunch 377: Shastasaurus Concept Art, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

For PvE, they should add a free new structure that would be your main base foundation and limit the range you can build around it. For other places, they can add a free new outpost structure with a small limited range so you can build traps or outpost. This structures should have a limited count you can used.  That would get rid of pillars or players or tribe that abuse the system. The decay timers would be set on that foundation structure decay timer which would increase with the player level and be the same as tek at max level. For tribes, it would be the highest level player in the tribe. Tribes should get double the number of outpost structures than single players. When you remove a foundation, the decay timers would be set to 1 day and not reset anymore until the structures are decayed unless you replace the foundation in time.

Even on PvP servers, they could add the same main base foundation which would protect a very small areas around you're main base to avoid complete wipes.

So basically, an area claim system.

They also need to protect some key areas of maps and make them unbuildable. They started this on new maps, but it need to be a lot more than that.

That being said, that's more of an Ark 2 feature, I dont think they could implement such a feature in time for ASA.

Edited by Herbapou

On 9/3/2023 at 10:02 PM, ladymarina said:

25 a month

I didn’t hear this part. I knew that they’re forcing people to pay if they want a single player world but seriously, 25 bucks? I pay somewhere around 55 for three maps at 10 slots. You guys are being ripped off. Seriously genuinely ripped off.

Wow I’m am really worried now reading these post. 5 years I been play ark on Xbox. I have 9 bases on different server. No way I can afford to pay for 9 different servers. If I have known how this was going to go down. I would have never started all these bases. On every new map.  I played 387 days and 8 hours of ark.  Now that I cant save my Xbox save game files. I don’t think I’ll never touch ark again. Just because of this. Paying for the game twice is a mistake on wildcard. Forcing us to pay a server company you owe mass money to because they bought server rights. Just To run our saved games. Is horrible. This why I think they loaned the money to wildcard to have soul right to server access. If players want to continue playing their years of work. They have pay the server company major amounts of money every month. It’s like holding Xbox players for ransom. I think if they don’t come up with a save file solution at the end of shutdown date. People should not pay or play the new ark accended or ark 2. This terrifying that they would do this to loyal player. If we all let them do this. What make you think this won’t happen again and again and again. When does it stop. The creator vote is just a distraction for what’s really going on. It just there to keep everyone interested. Note if we still see all the same errors in the next version. All they did was swap some in game models for new ones. They done this before Eg. mammoth. We all know now wildcard is hurting for money. Because of server cost. I did call this last year, by the way. Let’s hope they find solutions to these problems and Not go bankrupt. This message is recorded. It might get removed. Yes I did correct this message. I woke up. Started writing this. Lol mistake.

Edited by bluewizard
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluewizard said:

Wow I’m am really worried now reading these post. 5 years I been play ark on Xbox. I have 9 bases on different server. No way I can afford to pay for 9 different servers. If I have known how this was going to go down. I would have never started a base. On every new map.  I played 387 days and 8 hours of ark.  Now that I can save my Xbox save game files. I don’t think I’ll never touch ark again. Just because of this. Paying for the game twice is a mistake. Forcing us to pay a company you owe mass money to because they bought server rights. To run our saved game. Is horrible. This why they loaned the money and bought the right because players want to continue playing they have pay them. It’s like holding Xbox players for ransom. I think if they don’t come up with a save file solution at the end of shutdown date. People should not pay or play the new ark accended or ark 2. This terrifying that they would do this to loyal player. If we all let them do this. What make you think this won’t happen again. This message is recorded. It might get removed. 

klick here, see more :)

Ok I just want to say one more thing. It terrifying how this is all going down right now. For Pc players and console players a like. For the next Version of ark “ark accended”  we all hate how the server a being taken down and forced to pay for a server or nine. to continue our games. Here’s what WE can all do! We can not play the next version of ark or even not buy or play it. We can all NOT play on official servers anymore so this may not happen to us again. My opinion Wildcard is making poor business decision. Heres why! An most of you don’t want to hear this. For games to last and continue to have revenue. “Making money” . They need to have micro transactions. This keeps employees working. Pays for server cost. Pays for equipment. Keeps stock holders happy. Games are a business. Healthy business will make happy players. Keep server up and running and more money can get dumped into bug fixing. Like I said no one wants to hear this. You know I am right. If they do, do micro transactions please keep the cost low and affordable. Ark and wildcard needs to evolve to continue running. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bluewizard said:

You know I am right. 

I don't know.

There are so many ways of monetization's and so many business models nowadays.

Do you know amount of money WC got by selling Ark and all dlcs  in last 7 years?

Google it, inform yourself. I don't know what they did with all that money but in my opinion should be more than enough for Ark remastered, for Ark2, for servers and all other expenses. Is obvious that money is long gone for unknown reasons hence all delays in production.

• Haha 1

i dont know if this has to be said but i think that there should be multiple winners for this vote for a few reasons. reason 1 is extiction is a large map with not a lot of biodiversity so it would be awsome to have quite a few winners like the top 3 or 5. And my 2nd reason is because of the amazing calaberation between the top 10 submitters.

• Thanks 1