Community Crunch 376: Community Creature Winner, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

I would taken any land animal, even a toad that had no abilities over a water tame. I’d estimate that I have spent less than 1% of my time playing Ark underwater. No interest on any level. 

As for the Cheetah, I dislike the Thyla and Sabre. I would not count the Shadowmane in the category personally. I enjoy the mammals and wish there were more. 

Cool that some people like the newest submission, buts it’s easy to understand why many players aren’t interested in the water at all. Not when Ark is the most likely game to disconnect me of all time lol.

Aha now I understand. Il be honest I'm out of touch with the state of the online fiasco that is ark. Aswell as being completely obvious to the pvp side of it. (Last time I played pvp the centre was the newest map and I opened what seemed to be an innocent chest till a pack of feral players wielding flamethrowers came charging out the treeline. Ah interesting times indeed!) But a tale for another day my dear boy.

We're was I. Aha yes. I do agree we could always use more variety but as a strictly soloplayer on console, I want (selfishly), there to be creatures added that offer us challenges and rewards respectively both tamed and wild for every map. I think every chance we as players/fans get too influence a new addition to the game is priceless, especially when I comes to creatures. 

But I do hop3 you get your wish and that some more mammals are added in future votes. Just not super kitty lool great imagination on the creators part. I take nothing away from the concept. Maybe on one of the new dlc's coming with ASA, there can be a tek frontier/homeworld where everything has be genetically altered/enhanced (kind of like a good version of rockwell's evil corruption plan). a place where every creature has a end game tek saddle. And the world was made by Helena (or who ever the good force is). then it might fit perfectly.

These are just my personal feelings. I still haven't ascended the first map legit, but have all the dlc's n played through most maps enough to have a broad sense of what SP is like. Still what i say osnt gospel. Not even close as a matter of fact. But Solos pretty daunting without stack mod, plus im used to lvl150's even tho the island has far less the the alt maps.

Either way Im genuinely looking forward to ASA whatever happens. just getting mods alone will be a massive bonus useless we can't edit/tweak the creature spawn rates on next gen console. I'm very worried about the fine tuning your SP worlds n even the multiplayer ones tbh.

Ps I don't miss the constant lag and disconnection from online but flying has its risks too and I feel like we should vote on concepts with the games biggest merits in mind, not its major flows.

Edited by Cockneysaywaa

9 hours ago, Noffek said:

After announcing what won on the map, the rest of the statements are rather copy/paste.  So you don't write that they found words for cc, just zero specific information as usual.  And auto-save maps already exist so didn't think about it now, it's an old practice.  And even if the saves went smoothly, what do I tell players after this save about consoles, if they can't use maps in SP?  To do this, they make us pay disgustingly high prices to Nitrado for the pleasure of playing on their map, for example, in my case with my wife.  Your statements are terribly greasy, they remind me of those who suck up to someone to ask for something in return.

Actually you're mostly right there. Much of the information here is just the same old stuff we've seen before. I'm surprised that we haven't seen a concept art for the Shasta here. Maybe because its really good and its taking a lot of time or they just aren't working on it lol. All the recent crunches have just been desperate last minute garbage not too many people care about. We still haven't seen anything actually important, like gameplay or trailers. The reason for that is likely 90% that they haven't even developed that content yet!

Despite what you and others claim, I will say now that I am excited for ASA. To see updated graphics, new canonical lore maps, and new creatures. This is not me claiming it will release perfectly on time exactly as promised and with no issues with Wildcard or the game. This is me saying that if it DOES release as promised, I will be excited. But that doesn't mean I'm handing it all in to Wildcard even if they cause it to flop.

55 minutes ago, Cockneysaywaa said:

Aha now I understand. Il be honest I'm out of touch with the state of the online fiasco that is ark. Aswell as being completely obvious to the pvp side of it. (Last time I played pvp the centre was the newest map and I opened what seemed to be an innocent chest till a pack of feral players wielding flamethrowers came charging out the treeline. Ah interesting times indeed!) But a tale for another day my dear boy.

We're was I. Aha yes. I do agree we could always use more variety but as a strictly soloplayer on console, I want (selfishly), there to be creatures added that offer us challenges and rewards respectively both tamed and wild for every map. I think every chance we as players/fans get too influence a new addition to the game is priceless, especially when I comes to creatures. 

But I do hop3 you get your wish and that some more mammals are added in future votes. Just not super kitty lool great imagination on the creators part. I take nothing away from the concept. Maybe on one of the new dlc's coming with ASA, there can be a tek frontier/homeworld where everything has be genetically altered/enhanced (kind of like a good version of rockwell's evil corruption plan). a place where every creature has a end game tek saddle. And the world was made by Helena (or who ever the good force is). then it might fit perfectly.

These are just my personal feelings. I still haven't ascended the first map legit, but have all the dlc's n played through most maps enough to have a broad sense of what SP is like. Still what i say osnt gospel. Not even close as a matter of fact. But Solos pretty daunting without stack mod, plus im used to lvl150's even tho the island has far less the the alt maps.

Either way Im genuinely looking forward to ASA whatever happens. just getting mods alone will be a massive bonus useless we can't edit/tweak the creature spawn rates on next gen console. I'm very worried about the fine tuning your SP worlds n even the multiplayer ones tbh.

Ps I don't miss the constant lag and disconnection from online but flying has its risks too and I feel like we should vote on concepts with the games biggest merits in mind, not its major flows.

Bruh, I don’t even consider what you’re doing playing Ark 😅much closer to Minecraft. 

i really hope ARK SA and ARK 2 make it. I watched a video on youtube from nooblets explaining how snail games is going broke. they had to make a deal for servers which is why we didn't get better servers and the reason is they owed money to that company and had to ask for more. It stated a % of SA will go to fulfilling that loan as long as its released before oct2023. If not the % comes from all the ark games. I saw the profits over the years and cant understand where all the money went? They had such a great game and it showed. The Nooblets video is worth a watch if you are as confused as i am about the huge delay in release from SA and ARK2. It makes sense. Its just coming down to them needing more money. The solution is to break up what you bought and make you buy it again so they can pump up for ark 2! it has to be released in oct for them to not break bank. so not only do you have to buy everything again, you gotta buy it as is! I hope that the maps we love and play now will be released sometimes in the next two years. Bring on the battle passes and season passes!

...  Come on Wildcard, you're pulling the chicken out of the oven and serving it before you even check the temps and make sure you aren't serving raw chicken to us.    

Given the recent news regarding Snail and Nitrado, I would be extremely concerned at the public backlash that is systemically building.  We need to see ASA, the community needs some reassurances, real, honest reassurances, that we're going to see this game come to fruition on or before October. it just melts my mind that you'd pull the official server network down at all until you had the replacement ready to ship, you've essentially nuked any chances of having a back up plan by keeping ASE running and ready for a new expansion if things go south.  

I think it's safe to say that the community implores you to show us something substantial, pop up on twitch, talk to us, show us a little of what's done.  At this point, I think most of us are concerned that Snail is sinking to the bottom fast and they are going to drag the studio down with it.  Get us something to satisfy the needs of the community and launch a pre-early access for those wanting to test and deliver QA feedback, and get pre-orders started shortly after.  If you want help getting bailed out of this mess, you have to show your cards to the community.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, SteveTheOtherSurvivor said:

Yep. Sucks there had to be so much hate thrown at ASA reveals that they just got pulled back. It'd be nice if the haters could apologize, or at least go away, but it is what it is. We'll see it soon enough.

sigh ... have you not been following the same crunches as the rest of the 'haters' because if you had you also would have got reasonable opinions on why they appear to be 'haters' in your eyes.

• Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

...  Come on Wildcard, you're pulling the chicken out of the oven and serving it before you even check the temps and make sure you aren't serving raw chicken to us.    

Given the recent news regarding Snail and Nitrado, I would be extremely concerned at the public backlash that is systemically building.  We need to see ASA, the community needs some reassurances, real, honest reassurances, that we're going to see this game come to fruition on or before October. it just melts my mind that you'd pull the official server network down at all until you had the replacement ready to ship, you've essentially nuked any chances of having a back up plan by keeping ASE running and ready for a new expansion if things go south.  

I think it's safe to say that the community implores you to show us something substantial, pop up on twitch, talk to us, show us a little of what's done.  At this point, I think most of us are concerned that Snail is sinking to the bottom fast and they are going to drag the studio down with it.  Get us something to satisfy the needs of the community and launch a pre-early access for those wanting to test and deliver QA feedback, and get pre-orders started shortly after.  If you want help getting bailed out of this mess, you have to show your cards to the community.

Meh they are releasing it as an EA game now so its going to be basically ASE but with a few better assets and as much of the UE5 improvements as they can throw in before launch, but no warning of possible wipes / rollbacks and just all over poopness that comes with EA titles.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Noffek said:

It remains for you to use the cryoball first xD that work.  Since they were available, there was no problem with the transfer.  And anyway, the transfer is always turned off at the beginning, and you need a Boss for the transmitter.  Know that it will take a few weeks (months)  before you reach Lv and so on.

As far as we know, there aren't going to be cryopods until Extinction is released again...

Honestly, I would have accepted a lot of things at any time, even if WC/Snailgames released a gameplay two days before the release.

I have always honestly said my opinion, whether positive or negative, but have also tried to make it constructive.

But the thing with Nitrado, that's a sticking point for me, I have my principles.

I myself would also pay this mod linking platform, which you might not have to Nitrado, or some disadvantage that other server providers have, so that perhaps some go to Nitrado in addition ... or that Nitrado may offer the game for half a year alone, but then it would be open again for all.

This time they have shot the bird with me.

But can it be that hardly anyone is interested?
Do most know WHAT such a monopoly position means?
Expensive prices for bad hardware.

Nothing more with the selection: Rent a server, a root server or put something myself at home and choose the best price.

Then you will be able to choose between a maximum of four providers, and that only after years, or you will have to put your own hardware in the apartment/house.
The prices won't get any cheaper, but the hardware will probably not be adapted the way you would like it to be.
Also, you might not be able to switch to better hardware on a rental basis, since there is no longer a choice.

Most people probably don't care about that.

Honestly, I'm not interested in the new animals at all, since I probably won't get to play ASA, I'll stay true to my principles.

But I find it basically good that there is also an aquatic animal.

• Like 2

Bruh, I don’t even consider what you’re doing playing Ark 😅much closer to Minecraft. 

Official PVE has its own charm, I played that for over a year solid when I first got the game on. I would love to have experienced more of Official PVP but i don't have enough time or friends anymore to make it sustainable lool. 

I just like taming creatures n breeding them/ getting them killed because I'm an idiot 🤣 but then again I'm pretty useless at ark in general.

Have some great memories tho. From the before,four times, before the whippy'whipes lool

17 hours ago, Romuluas said:

They've already announced that they will add a new real world creature onto EACH SUSEQUENT MAP. Meaning both community and Cannon maps, whether or not they will be votes is a different question. But taking the fact that they have done 4 creature votes so far leads me to believe they will do one for all of them even Lost Island and Fjordur.

This is correct 

22 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

Seeing that the Shasta was my second-favorite (man, that Miracinonyx can't catch a break), I'm quite satisfied :) I hope it TRULY is a submarine and you don't change that part too much. Or at all.

No word on what the next map will be ? Since you've organized the vote for Ragnarok out of order (and said you'd give time for people to get their next submission ready), I expected to see a mention of that. Did I miss it ?

It's just sad, honestly. You got tons of questions last week about SP for console, about the ability to get saves of several maps to form a cluster... and these questions remain unaddressed in your "recap". Some people got oriented in getting this information in the replies, but wouldn't it be so much better if EVERYONE had access to these explanations in a spot you've specifically tailored for recaping these extremely important matters ? Of course you're going to push server hosting with best buddy Nitrado rather than acknowledge SP gameplay, but even so, you can do that AND offer the clarification that is asked of you in the comments of your own website. I don't feel like it's a lot to ask.

For the next map vote I’d bet on extinction. 

22 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

Why has it usually been the most trash creature voted the winner…? make it make sense.

I have noticed that is isn't usually the trash one that wins, but one that doesn't get as many upvotes during the submission time, like how for the aberration vote the owl and chimerarachne had around 100 more votes than the Yi Ling but it still ended up winning.

23 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Actually you're mostly right there. Much of the information here is just the same old stuff we've seen before. I'm surprised that we haven't seen a concept art for the Shasta here. Maybe because its really good and its taking a lot of time or they just aren't working on it lol. All the recent crunches have just been desperate last minute garbage not too many people care about. We still haven't seen anything actually important, like gameplay or trailers. The reason for that is likely 90% that they haven't even developed that content yet!

Despite what you and others claim, I will say now that I am excited for ASA. To see updated graphics, new canonical lore maps, and new creatures. This is not me claiming it will release perfectly on time exactly as promised and with no issues with Wildcard or the game. This is me saying that if it DOES release as promised, I will be excited. But that doesn't mean I'm handing it all in to Wildcard even if they cause it to flop.

Oh, so no need to be excited ;) OK. They never did properly what they promissed :D lol

23 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

Could WC be intentionally botching the roll-out of ASA to financially free themselves of Snail Games? I don’t know how any of the particulars work with ownership rights and what not. 

I refuse to believe people discussed how to advertise ASA and that this was the strategy to garner as many sales as possible. I’d consider myself a die-hard and even I’m off the fence.

Nitrado could now charge me $20 a month for a 10 slot server which is absurd. I’m also meant to trust that WC has done PROPER Playtesting when their track record suggests they don’t play test most content before release lol? Wild. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, krupi said:

Oh, so no need to be excited ;) OK. They never did properly what they promissed :D lol

Exactly. I really hope they actually put a lot of effort and thought into ASA, but just don't keep your hopes too high. My advice would just be to keep an open mind and be ready for whatever choice Wildcard makes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voidtoker said:

Could WC be intentionally botching the roll-out of ASA to financially free themselves of Snail Games? I don’t know how any of the particulars work with ownership rights and what not. 

I refuse to believe people discussed how to advertise ASA and that this was the strategy to garner as many sales as possible. I’d consider myself a die-hard and even I’m off the fence.

Nitrado could now charge me $20 a month for a 10 slot server which is absurd. I’m also meant to trust that WC has done PROPER Playtesting when their track record suggests they don’t play test most content before release lol? Wild. 

With the tiny amount of info we are drip fed we can only speculate what on earth is going on now lol

• Volunteer Moderator

Even if they are. Snail owns the IP. If Wildcard breaks free of Snail, it will be without Ark. 

• Like 1