Community Crunch 373: Yi Ling Concept Art, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

35 minutes ago, Huntdad5 said:

I built up mainly solo also, and everything was a nightmare. I love to breed and build, i just love the game, but if there is no one to share it with, it isn't worth the grind for me. I love the work of the community, and how much fun teamwork is, being a loner sucks in this game, and that is why I quit. 

I mainly play with my wife in two, sometimes at the start of a new map there were 3 of us in a tribe. Yes, I spent most of my time on ARK with my wife. Although our tribe has followers (in the name) they are absolutely not related to us and their bases on some servers just fell apart xD. We keep ours alive until the last day. We have enough power to support 12 servers. The fact that the process of just checking all the points requires several hours every few days.

But as I have mentioned many times, despite many "Speculations" about what ASA is supposed to be, I won't buy it anyway, ASA may even be on the "Speculation" board.  Game quality on UE5 "Speculation" that it may be a good solution or "Speculation" a serious failure of WC/SG

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Noffek said:

Read that we describe how many players did not play without cryopods.  If she were to be TheIsland as originally, she couldn't have cryopoda.  If this was done, you wouldn't buy the game yourself because you can't play without cryopods?  And I didn't write that TheIsland will be without cryopoda.  Know get off me.  The lack of cryopods at the launch of ASA would be a disappointment for many players, and would create a sales problem as I wrote earlier.

Not to mention it was the Ark Challenge to grow a gig or a few rexes at much lower farming rates without a Teka, Incubator, or Cryopod.  Now it's child's play because you don't have to look after the food in the trough every few hours.  Not to mention the late nights.  Now we use dinos to feed babies and cryopods to store them while we go to sleep, for example.

So everything written here is speculation?  Recounting the past of the ARK is not speculation.  Only regarding ASA or ARK2 we can speculate because nothing has been shown so far.

19 minutes ago, Noffek said:

I think I have my notes from hardcore kennel somewhere, so I'll call it that.  And the name fits better.  As for the rates, it would be a tragedy for breeders and diggers.  Just building on x1 was insanely difficult.  But the right concept and everything worked like clockwork.

And that was ARK, crazy hard for novice breeders without the support of CP, Incubator etc.  And the bases were swarming around farms and obelisks.

don't get me wrong I just wanted to specify that, in the absence of Info, any of our hypotheses could end up being the right one or completely wrong. If they launch ASA as it currently is, then the Engramms should be the same, alternatively they could insert some changes/novelties, but WC's choice to really restart from the original settings cannot be ruled out (jock to those who complain today about not get a fixed x3). 

[[my disappointment about the shutdown of the ASE Servers and all this disrespectful/deceptive behavior from WC (that's what it seems to be now) pushes me NOT to buy ASA regardless, but I don't deny that the idea of restarting Ark with original settings would excite me enough ... yes, even the Croquettes system. But my opinion is that WC won't want to lose that slice of player who knows Ark as it is today, I think they will keep as close as possible to the current situation]]

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

don't get me wrong I just wanted to specify that, in the absence of Info, any of our hypotheses could end up being the right one or completely wrong. If they launch ASA as it currently is, then the Engramms should be the same, alternatively they could insert some changes/novelties, but WC's choice to really restart from the original settings cannot be ruled out (jock to those who complain today about not get a fixed x3). 

[[my disappointment about the shutdown of the ASE Servers and all this disrespectful/deceptive behavior from WC (that's what it seems to be now) pushes me NOT to buy ASA regardless, but I don't deny that the idea of restarting Ark with original settings would excite me enough ... yes, even the Croquettes system. But my opinion is that WC won't want to lose that slice of player who knows Ark as it is today, I think they will keep as close as possible to the current situation]]

It would be an interesting challenge like in the old days.  Oh how many would prefer incubators or CP.  xD

23 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Dollie has mentioned it on twitter more than once that they were leaning towards releasing ASA without “recent dlc additions”, such as cryopods, net guns etc. I don’t have twitter so I can’t login to find post but it’s there I’m sure.  I hope they do change their minds on that though because yes it is hands down, the single thing that helped the most with sever tame caps and performance.

Realistically, I'm thinking the decision on cryopods will mostly come down to game/server performance on UE5 with large dino populations after testing stability. Honestly, the performance is the biggest concern at this point and why I'm pretty sure ASA release is bound to be pushed back further and into the new year.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up coming out next summer instead. I'd say on the bright side that means keeping ASE servers up for a year longer than they first announced for those still on officials. So, those asking for extension might get their wish.

I had an opportunity recently to play Ark on a mid range PC(lower spec than the PS5 I use) and the visual upgrade I saw was huge. Frankly it felt criminal that they left it the way it is in PS5 and between the constant crashes and that difference, I uninstalled the game. I guess the point is, I sure as hell won't buy ASA until I saw it running on PS5 and it's visuals/performance was confirmed with actual gameplay, regardless of any trailer shown or promise made by devs or anyone else really.

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2023 at 11:55 AM, RRG said:

As a friend of the person you just mocked, I suggest you get in their shoes and be respectful. Just because you win once doesn't mean you should be stripped away from the fun the contest entails. Sure it could be slightly frustrating if someone won over and over, but it that got to happen then it's likely because they put effort and thought into their creation. And if you don't like it, don't vote for it. That simple

NOT being friends with the person YOU just mocked, I suggest you see all sides. Not everyone has "FRIENDS" here.

They win because they have "friends" on the forums who vote for them over and over. Or you all group up with your submissions. So it's not one person it's many, which reduces the"effort" a single person can submit in comparison. Not everyone is blessed with art skills or HOURS of time to waste on this. Some can only do what they can. Just because they can't put effort doesn't mean they didn't.  It's more fair to let others have a chance. Maybe they can't submit twice in a row, that allows others to get in.  Especially those who aren't on the forum often or who don't have "friends" in the ark world to vote for them. Sorry, they have to truly WORK to be seen... But you don't see that side, do you? Lolol 

2 hours ago, Chinxsie said:

NOT being friends with the person YOU just mocked, I suggest you see all sides. Not everyone has "FRIENDS" here.

They win because they have "friends" on the forums who vote for them over and over. Or you all group up with your submissions. So it's not one person it's many, which reduces the"effort" a single person can submit in comparison. Not everyone is blessed with art skills or HOURS of time to waste on this. Some can only do what they can. Just because they can't put effort doesn't mean they didn't.  It's more fair to let others have a chance. Maybe they can't submit twice in a row, that allows others to get in.  Especially those who aren't on the forum often or who don't have "friends" in the ark world to vote for them. Sorry, they have to truly WORK to be seen... But you don't see that side, do you? Lolol 

I never said anyone's effort should be looked down upon or their work discarded simply because they don't have as many resources at their disposal, and I never said you or anyone doesn't put effort and love into their creations.

Also, yi qi didn't win because I had a million friends to blindly vote over and over again, but because I reached out to everyone I could and meet everyone I could, and listen to them to improve upon the effort I already put. So did my friend Ash with Gigantoraptor. I've known him for more than 4 years and that is the time he's been refining his creature, improving it every contest. If that's not effort and tons of work, I don't know what it is. And for all I know, we have as many resources at our disposal as anyone else could have.

Besides if you consider the contests a "waste of time" then what's the point of it if it's not for fun. Don't say I don't see that side because I've been there and I know prizes don't come on a silver plate.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:13 PM, Voidtoker said:

Strong “I only play pve on a 20x boosted server vibe where I force tame everything” 

Also, I've seen this person comment harshly against you, it's clear they're not here to prove an important point but just to prick other people, may I ask why are you defending them? You don't owe them anything.

Edited by RRG

10 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

And that the trees and supply drips, and buildings will look different, don't forget about the important stuff. Graphics are all they care about, not game breaking bugs...

Those looks are proposed until we actually see them in a real game trailer of the finished product, and as for the 'bugs' we will not be certain they are gone,  until we get to be involved in game play

There is 8 weeks 3 days, 9 Fridays for CC's , until the first Friday of October, which could be launch day for ASA, thus giving a 'weekend grand opening'.

Also 9 Fridays for CC's gives us nine times to be told the day/month/year is moved again....

Edited by Frack
  • Like 2

On 8/7/2023 at 12:39 PM, CervantesMor said:

at the moment we are only "interpreting from the little information that fails to clarify us" and any hypothesis can be valid but, even if we propose the DLCs only later and therefore originally we should have waited for Extintion, today the Criopods are enabled in every map including TheIsland, you don't need to have the Ext DLC and you don't need to move to Ext or other extra maps to unlock them... so the observation "who said that the Criopods won't be there?" is also valid, nobody said anything... and really for this "nothing" that doubts arise... just another of the annoying silences.... perhaps it serves to see if we complain more about what will and what won't be there? mahhhh.....

You are absolutely correct Cerv.  The worst part is we are left to speculation on what is and isn’t going to be a part of ASA.  I wish I would have screen shot Dollie’s post, for some reason I just didn’t think of it.  You’re also correct that enough of us get involved in speaking up about these QOL (possible), then there’s a chance they may change.  If enough of us complain,  we have a chained,.  Look what happened on march 29 cc.

On 8/8/2023 at 5:22 AM, KingOfAshes said:

Realistically, I'm thinking the decision on cryopods will mostly come down to game/server performance on UE5 with large dino populations after testing stability. Honestly, the performance is the biggest concern at this point and why I'm pretty sure ASA release is bound to be pushed back further and into the new year.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up coming out next summer instead. I'd say on the bright side that means keeping ASE servers up for a year longer than they first announced for those still on officials. So, those asking for extension might get their wish.

I had an opportunity recently to play Ark on a mid range PC(lower spec than the PS5 I use) and the visual upgrade I saw was huge. Frankly it felt criminal that they left it the way it is in PS5 and between the constant crashes and that difference, I uninstalled the game. I guess the point is, I sure as hell won't buy ASA until I saw it running on PS5 and it's visuals/performance was confirmed with actual gameplay, regardless of any trailer shown or promise made by devs or anyone else really.

Same here kings, I have serious doubts myself it’ll but until  October.  I too won’t drop money on it until I see gameplay.  I play on Xbox so our graphics are slightly better than ps, but they are catching up.  That’s the one thing I believe a lot of people are still waiting on, I know that’s what I’m waiting for.

19 hours ago, slejo said:

Im sure It will be delayed again.. 

• Thanks 3

Without a doubt Slejo.  I expect that by the end of this month or the start of next we see something like this” we at WC regret to inform you that the release date for the early access of ASA won’t be until December 2023-January 2024.  We apologize for the delay, but we want to make sure that we are still committed to bringing product that you expect and deserve.  Thank your for you patience anew look forward to seeing you in ASA very soon- StudioWildcard”…..who wants to place bets on this?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Without a doubt Slejo.  I expect that by the end of this month or the start of next we see something like this” we at WC regret to inform you that the release date for the early access of ASA won’t be until December 2023-January 2024.  We apologize for the delay, but we want to make sure that we are still committed to bringing product that you expect and deserve.  Thank your for you patience anew look forward to seeing you in ASA very soon- StudioWildcard”…..who wants to place bets on this?

that's who writes the Community Crounch :D:D

... ehhhhhh, you like to win easy !?! ;) mhuhahahah

PS: they have to do it by Christmas... they won't lose that favorable period of earnings, Snail Games will force their hand... rather they will give us half the Island mhuhahahahahaha

😀

Edited by CervantesMor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, CervantesMor said:

that's who writes the Community Crounch :D:D

... ehhhhhh, you like to win easy !?! ;) mhuhahahah

PS: they have to do it by Christmas... they won't lose that favorable period of earnings, Snail Games will force their hand... rather they will give us half the Island mhuhahahahahaha

😀

Well, they have effectively delayed ARK2 for like 4yrs so what's a one year delay for ASA from their perspective, right? Then again, they did switch over the release to 'early access' meaning they could theoretically pump out a buggy mess running at 15fps, sure. However, given Ark is the only money maker in the portfolio, I'm not sure they'd risk shipping it as an unplayable mess just to hit the holiday window alongside other major heavy hitters. In fact, that's partly why I can't see an October release given the heavy hitters that will start releasing around that time. A Feb-August release is less cluttered and more likely to have a semi stable game ready by then. They might sugar coat the pill for a longer delay saying SE will again be part of the launch. Alas, this is all off topic now I guess

Edit: One small note on the non-story maps release schedule. You kinda have to think at the map assets in each one and from what DLC Map they borrow them from. Eg, Ragnarok can't release until SE is out or later ones can't release until Aberration is out regardless of the order in which they do the creature voting.

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2