Community Crunch 373: Yi Ling Concept Art, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

21 hours ago, KillerKeemgar said:

I mean... For what it's meant to be. A gliding animal. Idk it looks off. Like it's tail is too short it's wings are too short it's legs are too long. Idk to me this doesn't seem like the design people voted for

Actually upon revisiting the design it really is more or less aberration’s answer to the terror bird. More specifically it is to the terror bird what the ravager is to the dire wolf. Look at its legs and wings; its design suggests that it’s built to run and temporarily glide via flapping. It’s almost ironic, in the end people basically got the running owl with a different coat of paint and name. Makes one wonder why they’d bother completely changing its design this drastically. It’s like they tweaked it’s concept art so they could tweak and reuse an existing rig rather than making a new one from the ground up and call it a done deal.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 2

What on earth happened there!? How did it turn into some some stumpy dodo-raptor hybrid? That is hideous and looks nothing like the original submission.

I really hope you guys change back to its original fierce, lithe look when modelling.

Plus it looks nothing like an aberration creature...

Edited by Kaiarra
  • Like 2

I have a idea  can we get new wepons  like a semi auto gun that use darts  or just make the long neck a semiautomatic gun that holds 5 shots how about more Furniture like a bed room set a living room set cabinet for walls a sink stove make our bases more homie . Make it a cosmetic dlc  charge 5.99 I know ppl are going to hate this cus there is money involved  but if you don't like it don't buy . 

13 hours ago, Jakethatsme said:

They said it on March 31 it has been 18 Community crutch and no updates on asa . I have a Hypothesis if they show anything about Asa they are scared it will Discourage ppl and turn them feom buying the game . So they are not going to show anything till its out and ppl have wasted there money on it 

Appreciate you mate, and that sounds like a spot on theory

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

That is YOUR take. Why should I be respectful of your opinion when you aren’t respectful of mine? 

NOTHING that has been added in the last year has been an improvement so my take is that this whole “contest” is trash. A TLC would have been much more useful for the health of the game than a 2nd Giga, a 2nd Rock Drake etc. 

To be fair you aren't far off with the whole second paragraph, none of these are what ark needs, I will give credit to Ashley, the gigantoraptor was the only creature that won that I actually care about, I like the creature, but ark doesn't need it, no offense ashgcy, sorry about the whole one and done bs. But truly these creatures are all apex predators with a fuged up way of taming. Appreciate that the gigantoraptor is a basic egg steal also. A sand shark basically, a new giga, a flying Rex carrier that is like a million times the size of the big found in amber, a new rock drake that looks like a retarded dodorex, does anyone else see the comparison, I've given up on voting at this point. I do have to disagree with you on the molded 20x force tame bs though, I enjoyed this game on the official servers, I left when the servers died, and I wish I still had the amazing friends and community I had before. I loved this game, and to now see what it is becoming is quite sad... well there's my whole opinion, hope everyone here has a great day, and realizes what to vote fore on the next vote (possibly a herbivore)?

• Like 2

Oh man, the re-worked Yi Ling looks almost exactly like the submission for extinction I drew but as a Terror bird (Kelenken)... I really didn't expect this, what a stupid coincidence. 🤣 Guess I have to design a different creature. I'll include the artworks in my own submission next time.

But hey, at least we didn't get a Rockdrake 2.0. I'm not complaining, the design looks funky but cute. Love all the killer chickens.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Actually upon revisiting the design it really is more or less aberration’s answer to the terror bird. More specifically it is to the terror bird what the ravager is to the dire wolf. Look at its legs and wings; its design suggests that it’s built to run and temporarily glide via flapping. It’s almost ironic, in the end people basically got the running owl with a different coat of paint and name. Makes one wonder why they’d bother completely changing its design this drastically. It’s like they tweaked it’s concept art so they could tweak and reuse an existing rig rather than making a new one from the ground up and call it a done deal.

I think you’re spot on cosmic, they’ve done it before.  Perfect example is the tapejara and the tropeo.  The tropeo is just a reskinned tape with a a jet powered saddle.  I have never really been a big fan of aberration so it doesn’t affect me that much, I’m actually more concerned about other things than creature votes, who’s submission has won more than once, yata yata yata.  Don’t get me wrong, the creature additions are cool and all, but they’re kinda like hanging curtains in the living room of the house while the kitchen is on fire.

With the lack of actual news and information in the last few crunches, my feeling is they’re going to delay ASA until December at least and go back to releasing scorched and the island at the same time, which is probably going change their price point….again.  I’m also really concerned about how primitive they have mentioned on going with ASA.  I don’t know how many old school Ark players are still around, but for those of you who started playing after 2017, the game was a different game pre-2017.  Some aspects were down right awesome other parts of the game were far far from awesome. 

Breeding was a complete nightmare without cryopods, and even that is a mild understatement.  Let put this way, if you wanted to breed in old school ark, YOU HAD NO LIFE!!!  It took forever to raise tames for boss fights, especially if you were in a small tribe or solo.  If you were in that type of scenario, you were basically forced to buy your boss tames.  Not to mention when you finally did get a boss team, trying to get them to the obelisk to do the boss fight was another migraine in the works.  Walking 18 rexes, a yuti and deadon to the obelisk is probably one of the worst pains in the rump you could think of.  Then just to get there and realize some jack*ss left their boss team ON THE PLATFORM AND LOGGED OFF!  Not to mention the shacks, buildings and fences that were quite literally PACKED around every ob with boss teams.  THAT is the kind of experience that is waiting for those who never experienced that debacle.  Back to breeding, the other annoying issue waiting for us is, tribes breeding for bosses or just breeding tames because they want to bogs down servers BADLY!  I don’t care how advanced UR5 is or gonna be, THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN!  Even the most advanced systems have their limitations.  The point I’m getting to is that cryopods not only were a godsend to the breeding and taming of creatures, but they were more important to the running health of the servers.  Not having cryopods at launch of ASA in my opinion is a such an insanely stupid idea that even the words “stupid idea” can’t express how stupid of a decision it would be.  Now I would love to see the other QOL additions, that I believe should be, available at launch, just because I remember how daunting breeding and raising really was.  Incubators, maewings and tek troughs really helped make the small and solo tribes have a level playing field with the big tribes in regards to breeding, it allowed people to actually have a life and not be, quite literally, tied to the game.

Other things that I believe should be a part of ASA is flyer speed leveling.  If WC is gonna try to have lightning strike twice that needs to be available.  Allow flyers like quetzs worth something again.  Allow us to build turrets on the platform saddles (in PvE), keep netguns on launch and actual real separate balancing for PvE and PvP.  Remove some of the pointless nerfs that PvE had to take because of PvP balancing.  

Lastly, with the creature vote for The Center, I hope you guys are able to update that map.  IMO it’s probably one of the best mod maps and deserves to have the best work.  It has some of recognition being the first map to be added and deserves the love.  With all that being said I look forward to Asa and I hope that it is everything we hope for and that WC/SG doesn’t try to pull any stupid shenanigans, but that’s probably just wishful hoping on my part.

Edited by ccz2887
Grammar
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

To be fair you aren't far off with the whole second paragraph, none of these are what ark needs, I will give credit to Ashley, the gigantoraptor was the only creature that won that I actually care about, I like the creature, but ark doesn't need it, no offense ashgcy, sorry about the whole one and done bs. But truly these creatures are all apex predators with a fuged up way of taming. Appreciate that the gigantoraptor is a basic egg steal also. A sand shark basically, a new giga, a flying Rex carrier that is like a million times the size of the big found in amber, a new rock drake that looks like a retarded dodorex, does anyone else see the comparison, I've given up on voting at this point. I do have to disagree with you on the molded 20x force tame bs though, I enjoyed this game on the official servers, I left when the servers died, and I wish I still had the amazing friends and community I had before. I loved this game, and to now see what it is becoming is quite sad... well there's my whole opinion, hope everyone here has a great day, and realizes what to vote fore on the next vote (possibly a herbivore)?

I still play on official servers. And yes, as it's dying, there's still are some good people on my server. Hit me up when ASA comes out. I love having friends that want to play that are not toxic. And I will agree that everything is an Apex predator that has came out. The voting  should never have became a thing its  just a cover up for them. Not to give us the biweekly updates. No creature that has been won Is a resource Dino or herby ? Everything has stupid ways of taming them. It discouraged me someone that has played the game for 7 and a 1/2 years from even wanting to buy the game. Because how s***** the taming is Let's get back to traq  darts and passive tames. And egg stealing I think with the introduction of babies. It's going to throw the game off. Unless that's how you start taming by stealing babies. But if that's the case, that's just a rip-off of Conan. But I'm not buying it till I see game play and going to let the servers cool down. Cus you know on day one it's going to be so full the lag is going to be Horrific and there will be no place to build cus ppl are going to pillar everthing but the swamps  if that's not . I think if the devs are smarthey will make it to where you cannot build around. Resource spawns explore notes. And loot drops. Then there will be no reason to pillar, and if you get caught pillaring, you get tribe whiped Because as we speak on my server, you have people who have built bases around Explorer notes. So nobody can get in that is on ground you have to fly in. And since the game is dying, they don't hold up their end of the code of conduct where you're not supposed to block waterways or beaches because it's ridiculous, so let's just hope they stick to their code of conduct on this game. Because I'm not down with the b******* where you can't travel onground. Because everybody has behemoth gates everywhere. Well, there's a lot going to change. Raptors are now going to be able to hunt you down by sense to smell. Sight and hearing gillie is gonna be almost useless if you're walking through bushes and it makes noise. But we will have to see

4 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

I think you’re spot on cosmic, they’ve done it before.  Perfect example is the tapejara and the tropeo.  The tropeo is just a reskinned tape with a a jet powered saddle.  I have never really been a big fan of aberration so it doesn’t affect me that much, I’m actually more concerned about other things than creature votes, who’s submission has won more than once, yata yata yata.  Don’t get me wrong, the creature additions are cool and all, but they’re kinda like hanging curtains in the living room of the house while the kitchen is on fire.

With the lack of actual news and information in the last few crunches, my feeling is they’re going to delay ASA until December at least and go back to releasing scorched and the island at the same time, which is probably going change their price point….again.  I’m also really concerned about how primitive they have mentioned on going with ASA.  I don’t know how many old school Ark players are still around, but for those of you who started playing after 2017, the game was a different game pre-2017.  Some aspects were down right awesome other parts of the game were far far from awesome. 

Breeding was a complete nightmare without cryopods, and even that is a mild understatement.  Let put this way, if you wanted to breed in old school ark, YOU HAD NO LIFE!!!  It took forever to raise tames for boss fights, especially if you were in a small tribe or solo.  If you were in that type of scenario, you were basically forced to buy your boss tames.  Not to mention when you finally did get a boss team, trying to get them to the obelisk to do the boss fight was another migraine in the works.  Walking 18 rexes, a yuti and deadon to the obelisk is probably one of the worst pains in the rump you could think of.  Then just to get there and realize some jack*ss left their boss team ON THE PLATFORM AND LOGGED OFF!  Not to mention the shacks, buildings and fences that were quite literally PACKED around every ob with boss teams.  THAT is the kind of experience that is waiting for those who never experienced that debacle.  Back to breeding, the other annoying issue waiting for us is, tribes breeding for bosses or just breeding tames because they want to bogs down servers BADLY!  I don’t care how advanced UR5 is or gonna be, THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN!  Even the most advanced systems have their limitations.  The point I’m getting to is that cryopods not only were a godsend to the breeding and taming of creatures, but they were more important to the running health of the servers.  Not having cryopods at launch of ASA in my opinion is a such an insanely stupid idea that even the words “stupid idea” can’t express how stupid of a decision it would be.  Now I would love to see the other QOL additions, that I believe should be, available at launch, just because I remember how daunting breeding and raising really was.  Incubators, maewings and tek troughs really helped make the small and solo tribes have a level playing field with the big tribes in regards to breeding, it allowed people to actually have a life and not be, quite literally, tied to the game.

Other things that I believe should be a part of ASA is flyer speed leveling.  If WC is gonna try to have lightning strike twice that needs to be available.  Allow flyers like quetzs worth something again.  Allow us to build turrets on the platform saddles (in PvE), keep netguns on launch and actual real separate balancing for PvE and PvP.  Remove some of the pointless nerfs that PvE had to take because of PvP balancing.  

Lastly, with the creature vote for The Center, I hope you guys are able to update that map.  IMO it’s probably one of the best mod maps and deserves to have the best work.  It has some of recognition being the first map to be added and deserves the love.  With all that being said I look forward to Asa and I hope that it is everything we hope for and that WC/SG doesn’t try to pull any stupid shenanigans, but that’s probably just wishful hoping on my part.

If there are no cryopods at launch.  I'm just playing on solo . And I agree 100%with you on all of this . Ppl don't take into account that on day one the servers are going to be packed and it's going to be a free for all for land . And like you said, even the best systems have their limits. If wc is shutting down the servers, we have now and just reusing them for the new game  you're gonna have lags regardless. In addition to that, everybody's going to be pillaring everything. So even if they're not, living there you can't either because it's all gonna be a pillared I understand why they do it, so if wild card is smart, they will make it to where you can't build around metal notes, obsidian notes, crystal notes. You can't build around XP Explorer notes. Just like you can't build around loot drops. Then make a limit of how many pillars you can put down.  Also I have came to the realization. Have a new AI so raptors will hunt you down by smell, Site and hearing. So is that going to make Gilly suits Useless ??? This is why we need our biweekly updates. So we have information on what's going on. What has changed? What to look forward to? Instead of leaving us in the dark until they open the curtains on day one. I really feel that they aren't releasing any information because they are afraid if they do it will make people lose interest in the game and they won't buy it. Because at the end of the day, it's all business, no matter how we think or feel. I just hope this isn't a repeat. I mean, it feels like it when they release the old game ASE. They put it in early access. Then they came out with a paid DLC, which was scorched Earth. Look what you're doing with ASA. They put it in early access. Now they're coming out with a pay DLC.  feel like déjà Vu.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Jakethatsme said:

If there are no cryopods at launch.  I'm just playing on solo . And I agree 100%with you on all of this . Ppl don't take into account that on day one the servers are going to be packed and it's going to be a free for all for land . And like you said, even the best systems have their limits. If wc is shutting down the servers, we have now and just reusing them for the new game  you're gonna have lags regardless. In addition to that, everybody's going to be pillaring everything. So even if they're not, living there you can't either because it's all gonna be a pillared I understand why they do it, so if wild card is smart, they will make it to where you can't build around metal notes, obsidian notes, crystal notes. You can't build around XP Explorer notes. Just like you can't build around loot drops. Then make a limit of how many pillars you can put down.  Also I have came to the realization. Have a new AI so raptors will hunt you down by smell, Site and hearing. So is that going to make Gilly suits Useless ??? This is why we need our biweekly updates. So we have information on what's going on. What has changed? What to look forward to? Instead of leaving us in the dark until they open the curtains on day one. I really feel that they aren't releasing any information because they are afraid if they do it will make people lose interest in the game and they won't buy it. Because at the end of the day, it's all business, no matter how we think or feel. I just hope this isn't a repeat. I mean, it feels like it when they release the old game ASE. They put it in early access. Then they came out with a paid DLC, which was scorched Earth. Look what you're doing with ASA. They put it in early access. Now they're coming out with a pay DLC.  feel like déjà Vu.

Yup it WILL be another nightmare no pods or maewings plus all the little extras we have from the other DLC's missing too UNLESS since if you BUY ASA you get access to all the other DLC's for free which 'unlocks' the tech? - doubtful but people can dream I suppose.

Personally I am just going to sit back and watch a few youtubes for a few weeks to see how bad the poop is - I am still reallllly against even touching it in regards to buying it AGAIN - I will be glad when the official actually get turned off tbh.

• Like 3