Community Crunch 368: ASA Roadmap Update, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

34 minutes ago, Cryha said:

" it wouldn’t be feasible to complete Scorched Earth to a standard we’re happy with."

When have standards ever been a priority for WC?

"We had initially planned to ship with more content on Day One, but that won’t be happening, so we’re adjusting the launch price accordingly."

So basically "It was a mistake to mention the DLC being included within the standard price of ASA now we reduced that price by $5 but we will later charge $15 for each map moving forward unless we decide to hike the price"

Nah man, when did they say you need to buy the DLC separately again ?

They simply reduced the price (by 15~20$ overall IIRC from 59.99$ to 39.99$ at start) overall for Early Access Period and the price will be going to full price at the end of Early Access Period, it's similar to ARK Survival Evolved, when i originally bought it in 2015 it was cheaper, after early access ended, it become more expensive.

the DLCs are still included in the package otherwise they would mention it here.

Edited by LuckyPed
  • Like 3

Hope we get a "Aberation Creature Vote will be next week" to give us one week head's up to finish prepping our posts and make sure we're on the watch for it to go live to try to make sure we don't miss it! We usually end up seeing it hours after it launches and there's already tons of submissions so don't want to miss out trying to get my hubby's psittacosaurus in there! 

Also, is there a preferred method of sharing fanart? Got some super cute photos of my daughter cuddling her "purple 4-eyed kitty" [noglin] plush today!

Edited by AmanaTishala

15 minutes ago, davetherave said:

it's going to be early access is that a joke? How can it possibly be early access? Is that because you know it's going to be broke as hell

they just explained, It's early access while Each Map is being Remastered,

So when all the old ASE maps remaster into ASA, the Early Access End and the game is Full version and the price will most likely increase again too similar to ASE early access and full version few years later.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, AmanaTishala said:

Hope we get a "Aberation Creature Vote will be next week" to give us one week head's up to finish prepping our posts and make sure we're on the watch for it to go live to try to make sure we don't miss it! We usually end up seeing it hours after it launches and there's already tons of submissions so don't want to miss out trying to get my hubby's psittacosaurus in there! 

Also, is there a preferred method of sharing fanart? Got some super cute photos of my daughter cuddling her "purple 4-eyed kitty" [noglin] plush today!

Yeah I hope psittacosaurus doesn’t well. I’m personally adding my first creature idea as well so I hope both of us do well.

• Like 1

Ah yes, the studio that over-promises and under-delivers, is following the standard of expectations set over these many years.

Should've kept this an upgrade to ARK, not trying to resell us the game we already own.  All you've done is lifted mod content to incorporate into the same old ARK with a shiny new coat of paint.

Lipstick on a pig. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm honestly glad scorched earth is gonna get some TLC, because it really is one of the more boring maps. Hardly anywhere to explore, smaller than the island, not many points of interest, especially where the lore is concerned.  it was only recent that we actually got an ascension for it. SO here's hoping that it will get a major facelift and some major love. (as well as extinction when it's time comes.)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cryha said:

" it wouldn’t be feasible to complete Scorched Earth to a standard we’re happy with."

When have standards ever been a priority for WC?

"We had initially planned to ship with more content on Day One, but that won’t be happening, so we’re adjusting the launch price accordingly."

So basically "It was a mistake to mention the DLC being included within the standard price of ASA now we reduced that price by $5 but we will later charge $15 for each map moving forward unless we decide to hike the price"

They arent charging dlc, all they are saying is that there won't be as much content as before. With scorched earth not coming at launch.

2 minutes ago, xBlitzz said:

Why not delay everything until December and at least release a half-decent playable game with The Island, Scorched Earth, and transfers?

I Actually like this way more that they release The Island First and SE later.

I love to play on the "Early Rush" of a new map a lot,  and I had a very hard time deciding on starting on The Island or SE  coz both were coming at the same time and I was gonna miss 1 of them no matter what.

but Now i can play for 2 months in The Island before I also Start ASAP on SE as soon as it show up.

15 minutes ago, LuckyPed said:

they just explained, It's early access while Each Map is being Remastered,

So when all the old ASE maps remaster into ASA, the Early Access End and the game is Full version and the price will most likely increase again too similar to ASE early access and full version few years later.

you mean EXACTLY the same as ase AGAIN ... lol delayed and since they have bugger all knowledge / experience with ue5 it IS going to be BUGGY still shiny gfx do not make a game.

To the posted images .... wow yeah such a massive change /yawn that is a really poor way of opening the CC, the rest is just as predicted from day ONE by many on here :D

ONE I refuse to buy into the same game been in declared to be EARLY ACCESS AGAIN, this is just money grabbing / 'we cant get stuff done on time EVER'

• Like 4

As a CIO of a technology company that works with fortune 100 companies,  YOU GUYS SUCK AT THIS.  Everything from PR to development lifecycle to meeting launch dates, you must be about the worst group I have ever seen.  If you were in regular tech without an addicted user base you would have never made it.   You all need to find another job or get someone who has a business mind to manage you.   Really, Get help.

Edited by JESwayze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, LuckyPed said:

They simply reduced the price (by 15~20$ overall IIRC from 59.99$ to 39.99$ at start) overall for Early Access Period and the price will be going to full price at the end of Early Access Period, it's similar to ARK Survival Evolved, when i originally bought it in 2015 it was cheaper, after early access ended, it become more expensive.

the DLCs are still included in the package otherwise they would mention it here.

It's much more fair price now than ASE was. ASE at one point costed 90 dollars in total during 2020. I luckily got it for discount during a holiday and got it fully for 40 or 50 dollars total. So, I might wait and see if it goes on sale in November or December to see if it goes a discount, or I might just buy it straight up as soon as it releases.

Edited by OverRannus

1 minute ago, Duffmek said:

you mean EXACTLY the same as ase AGAIN ... lol delayed and since they have bugger all knowledge / experience with ue5 it IS going to be BUGGY still shiny gfx do not make a game.

To the posted images .... wow yeah such a massive change /yawn that is a really poor way of opening the CC, the rest is just as predicted from day ONE by many on here :D

ONE I refuse to buy into the same game been in declared to be EARLY ACCESS AGAIN, this is just money grabbing / 'we cant get stuff done on time EVER'

to be honest, I don't see the point of a few of you saying these comments every week here  about how it will gonna be before it is out.

It's not like it gonna change anything and it's not like we are really sure of it being bad or good at this point. seems like a waste of time xD

I certainly am not gonna buy the game before I see some game play and i see some of the long awaited bugs or pain point of the game fixed,

And I will see these stuff before the game release with the showcases And on the first 1-2 day of game release with the Twitch/Kick etc Streams and Once i make sure it's what i want, I will get it.

and if it's not what they promised, now i will start to waste my time poop about it.

34 minutes ago, LuckyPed said:

"Nah man, when did they say you need to buy the DLC separately again ?"

You really think they wont?

"They simply reduced the price (by 15~20$ overall IIRC from 59.99$ to 39.99$ at start)"

They didnt reduce the price by $15-$20... They knocked $5 off the early access price... Its literally in the article...

You have way too much faith in Wildcard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cryha said:

"Nah man, when did they say you need to buy the DLC separately again ?"

You really think they wont?

"They simply reduced the price (by 15~20$ overall IIRC from 59.99$ to 39.99$ at start)"

They didnt reduce the price by $15-$20... They knocked $5 off the early access price... Its literally in the article...

You have way too much faith in Wildcard.

Yes I think they wont. coz they clearly didn't say it, plus it would completely break the point they were mentioned in the last price change.

So I'm 99% sure the 39.99$ include all maps !

Also, The Price of ASA including all Maps was 59.99$ IIRC,  but now it's 44.99$ for Early Access Period (which is 1 whole year or so until all old Maps are remastered and released in ASA)   it's clearly a 15$ reduction.

the 5$ Reduction is an extra Discount for buying the game at launch, it's the usual Steam Launch discount price for most game. its only until 1 week or so after the game launched, then it will change back to 44.99$.

• Thanks 1