Community Crunch 368: ASA Roadmap Update, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

Good morning,
I don't understand why you don't leave us the choice of being able to keep our creatures and our bases.
We have been playing for years and I don't find it normal to force us to lose everything.
You could have offered a service that would have allowed us to recover our bases and creatures even if the service was paid for.
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2

Well it was a matter of time before this happened I knew it would. They definitely need to get their act together. Even $39 is better than $60 but it's still sad on how they're trying to make us pay for a game we already have. It should be more like 15 to $20 and now all the maps aren't going to be added they need to clarify on that pronto. Nightmare needs to be rectified. They need to tell us how we're going to be able to keep our dinos our places where we're at and I will be able to still have fun via multiplayer for people who can't afford a server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

and now all the maps aren't going to be added they need to clarify on that pronto.

All the maps are still being added. The only change is Scorched will not be at launch and the whole thing will cost $39.99. Nothing else has changed with the bundle.

2 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

It depends on where and what you read ....... The initial ASA announcment sez 

All the expansion packs will be sold separately on all platforms:

• $19.99 for Explorer’s Pass, which includes Scorched Earth, Aberration (Q4 2023), and Extinction (Q1 2024).
  • $19.99 for Genesis Pass, which includes Genesis Part 1 (Q1 2024) and Genesis Part 2 (Q2 2024).

And then there is this .....

ARK: Survival Ascended will now be a standalone package released on every platform (PC Windows/Steam, Xbox Series S/X, and PlayStation 5) at $59.99. The package will include the following pieces of content built-in (not sold separately), with each remastered and altered for the next-generation:

• The Island (Released at Launch)
  • Survival of the Fittest: The Island & Scorched Earth map variants (Released at Launch)
  • Scorched Earth (Released at Launch)
  • Aberration (Released by Q4 2023)
  • Extinction (Released by Q1 2024)
  • Genesis Part 1 (Released by Q1 2024)
  • Genesis Part 2 (Released by Q2 2024)
  • All the community-created maps are also to be released over time in 2024 (Fjordur, Ragnarok, The Center, Lost Island, Valguero, Crystal Isles)

And now most recently 

Given the news:

ARK: Survival Ascended will now be launching at an Early Access price point of $44.99
with a launch-discount bringing it to $39.99.

We had initially planned to ship with more content on Day One, but that won’t be happening, so we’re adjusting the launch price accordingly.

So what I read in this is that they have bitten off a LOT more than they can chew with their remaster attempt, and sadly underestimated the work required for "conversion" to UE5. As a consequence they are kicking the DLC question down the road.

All of which leads me to believe that the DLC's will in fact become paid for - if it is so much "work" doing a map remaster they ain't gonna do it for free, they will charge what they think they can get, just as soon as there is an invested player base on ASA that is a captive audience.

You didn't include the original announcement's price for the game itself, if you did, i think it makes it obvious.

let me explain,

They were selling 2 DLC, 20$ each, while the Main game was 50$ for both ASA & Ark 2.

Xbox Series S/X and PC players will only be able to get it via an ultimate-value bundle known as the ARK Respawned Bundle. This bundle includes ownership of both ARK: Survival Ascended AND ARK 2 and will be priced at $49.99.
PlayStation 5 users will be able to get their hands on ARK: Survival Ascended as a standalone next-gen game at launch in August 2023 for $39.99.

This Mean, if we remove ARK 2, the Original ARK ASA base game, was never meant to be more expensive than 30~40$. (even if we consider Ark 2 to be only 10$ of the price)

So Even if it was their original announcement,  ARK ASA Base without the DLC was at maximum 40$.

now they mention how their adjusting the price because :

We had initially planned to ship with more content on Day One, but that won’t be happening, so we’re adjusting the launch price accordingly.

So they are reducing the price coz they are giving us Less at launch ! That's literally what they said.

if this price is not including the DLC... then the original not reduced price was at max 40$... how can it reduce to 45$ ?!?!? it make no sense.

So Clearly, they are talking about the Full package which was what we were gonna get until before this news.

Meaning, it's the 60$ Package that got Reduced to 45$ !

Also it make sense and fit the "Early Access scheme" of how these usually work, its 45$ while the game is on early access and once it's finished it will change into a full 60$ costed product.

They really could not just remaster Survival Evolved to UE5!? Wow! You have done it again! I need an explanation on why they could not have just engine-upgraded Survival Evolved! Because it's totally possible to engine-upgrade a game without having to make a whole new game just for an engine-upgrade!

• Like 1

Waiting Unreal Engine 5.3 release and another delay.. ehm "roadmap update".

In the meantime you delayed also our intent to move our official main server to unofficial. People were getting ready, moving stuff, dinos from other secondary bases, wiping unnecessary structures to weight less on server salve memory (RAM) usage...

EDIT: @Wildcard I saw wiki had a huge update on server config page, they added a lot of undocumented stuff, could you guys give some feedback/official states/notes about them? https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Server_configuration

Edited by darkradeon
  • Thanks 2

Normaly it must be possible for Wildcard to show us at least a Screenshot from one Part of the Map maybe with a small Base in it and all the Features from the UE5 like Lumen and Nanite. But we get a Pic from some tools that look like the normal one'S but only Photoshop. 

Waiting for the Delay to Dezember in September ^^ looking now for a other Survival Game.

Still hope that Wildcard surprice me and the Game relase is realy in October.

• Like 1

ASA now comes out in October *at the earliest*, with SE following in December and the rest of the maps following throughout 2024. On top of that, they have a new canon map which I assume has been pushed to 2024 as well. ASA is now releasing in early access and is only leaving EA in late 2024. There are absolutely no chances that ARK 2 is coming out anytime in 2024. Probably second half of 2025 if we're lucky. 

The fact that they are delaying the release of an entire map while still pushing the release date to October and marking it as an Early Access is extremely inauspicious. Also, the picture with the assets reveal is very disappointing lol. The before and after look identical save for some very, very minor texture changes.

Ark Survival Ascended: Expectations Descended

• Like 3

Also, I don't think that these dates were kept, as it is already a standard for WC/SG not to meet deadlines. I would leave even the announcement of price reductions in doubt.  It's been changed so many times haha.  First free, then money, money again and money again. Save files should already be available for all platforms. Many of us plan to take these records and leave you forever, and many have other plans.  You have your plans, but they miss the point in some cases. Why are you prolonging the agony of the almost dead ASE?  Why couldn't people still play until the end of 2024 and enjoy the events?  Instead, you give an event, but to whom?  Servers are empty during the week, during the weekend you can count up to 7 people on some popular server where the rest is 1-0. I don't see any logic here, just a lot of chaos.  As someone mentioned, why announce something earlier when you yourself realize that there will be a shift anyway? I used to deal with Phyton, but I know that no matter the system, it takes a certain amount of time to migrate or change it en masse.  This is an even more basic version.  It takes a lot of work to fully bring TheIsland to UE5.  I'll skip the fact that you added work with OW and cross-platform.  This also takes a lot of time. 

That's what I call it "your project has surpassed you"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have literally been playing ark since the beginning and honestly I can’t remember a single thing coming out when they say it will initially, but damn you think you guys would have figured it out by now to just keep your mouths shut till you had a solid date lol not hopes and dreams on when you’ll get it finished. Your guys news this past few months has been horrendous to say the least with the ASA/ ARK 2 pricing, repricing, repackaging, repricing just laughable I am excited for the games but please please learn to announce things more accurately so you constantly don’t have to walk back what you said and piss everyone off lol I guess we will see it when we see it haha just like wildcard. 

I work for one of the biggest companies in the world and am very familiar with flat out lies and buying time. You say transparency? Then be transparent. 100% knew it was going to be delayed and at this point and I doubt you've even really gotten anywhere with ASA. The only thing we have seen are the bs redesigns of a tree. The only difference in asa and ase will be the graphics. There WILL be more bugs than before and the servers will be 10x worse because of crossplay,  meshing will still be a thing as for cheating. I could keep going but there is no use. WC communication is flat out non existent. Half these comments on here are also fake. Asa and ark 2 will be delayed again.  All these empty promises sound great but we know you better than that WC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1