Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

On 6/18/2023 at 3:22 AM, crossmr said:

Just use ark server manager locally. You can easily host your own server on your own machine and play. There is no performance impact, had 2 friends on with me yesterday and no issue.

It's not that easy Cross. For example other people use the Xbox I have.  So no that's not an option. And also the other people on my official server have different timezones than me.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I'll let down and failure. So now it's going to be delayed until October. Still no news of what they're going to do about the official server situation. We need to know what's going to happen before it happens. How they're going to incorporate this with any of the third party servers for console players.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Once again I'll let down and failure. So now it's going to be delayed until October. Still no news of what they're going to do about the official server situation. We need to know what's going to happen before it happens. How they're going to incorporate this with any of the third party servers for console players.

They are likely going to stick to its current sunsetting month: August. No mentions of any changes to this.

Thats how stupid they are at management.

I wrote this on the recent crunch, hoping the right people will read it, but it's all wishful thinking:

"Please leave a handful of servers up like you did with Legacy, that would only be fair to those who wish to keep playing as-is (especially those last-gen console users). You said you would slowly shut them all down yet there's *still* a fair amount of *populated* legacy servers, so leaving a few Official servers doesn't seem too much of an ask.

Even if we had to pay a subscription to play them/keep them running, myself and many many others I know already said they would. It would be preferred and 1000x better than having to pay a 3rd party company for unofficial servers as well (and you'd get the money).

Also, please let us at least keep our implant progress (not levels, just our progress), since it is already tied to our characters themselves via Vernacular ID. That wouldn't seem too difficult to implement for ASA from ASE.

Now the stretch, but wishful thinking:  Please let us have an "Ark" feature for ASE. As in an actual Ark, so pun intended. Let us bring over a copy of 3 of our favorite dinosaurs, all automatically neutered/spayed, and also can not be the same type. Something to bring over to keep our legacy in mind would be nice after what you have decided to do to us...

Any of these options would be a great thing to do for us long time hard working players. If even just PvE (not sure how it would work for PvP because I do not play it).

Hope the right people will see this plea, thank you for your time and have a great day!"

My hope is like Mike says…

being able to keep your implant history. Many of us take pride in our achievements and unlocks etc. it would be great to be able to bring those with us, even just as cosmetic coding to show off. 

also, It would be amazing to be able to have a “idiots guide” type instructions for our server saving if we are unable to have a few servers (like the legacy ones) still up and running. I can barley copy past reply to the posts haha - My hope is for clear instructions when the time comes on how to copy servers. Especially for those who can’t afford the new XBox. That would be super sad to see them unable to continue their Ark adventures. 

thanks for your time and reading our posts. :)

16 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

Hi Devs,

Please leave a handful of servers up like you did with Legacy, that would only be fair to those who wish to keep playing as-is (especially those last-gen console users). You said you would slowly shut them all down yet there's *still* a fair amount of *populated* legacy servers, so leaving a few Official servers doesn't seem too much of an ask.

Even if we had to pay a subscription to play them/keep them running, myself and many many others I know already said they would. It would be preferred and 1000x better than having to pay a 3rd party company for unofficial servers as well (and you'd get the money).

Also, please let us at least keep our implant progress (not levels, just our progress), since it is already tied to our characters themselves via Vernacular ID. That wouldn't seem too difficult to implement for ASA from ASE.

Now the stretch, but wishful thinking:  Please let us have an "Ark" feature for ASE. As in an actual Ark, so pun intended. Let us bring over a copy of 3 of our favorite dinosaurs, all automatically neutered/spayed, and also can not be the same type. Something to bring over to keep our legacy in mind would be nice after what you have decided to do to us...

Any of these options would be a great thing to do for us long time hard working players. If even just PvE (not sure how it would work for PvP because I do not play it).

Hope the right people will see this plea, thank you for your time and have a great day!

2 hours ago, Mike585x said:

I wrote this on the recent crunch, hoping the right people will read it, but it's all wishful thinking:

"Please leave a handful of servers up like you did with Legacy, that would only be fair to those who wish to keep playing as-is (especially those last-gen console users). You said you would slowly shut them all down yet there's *still* a fair amount of *populated* legacy servers, so leaving a few Official servers doesn't seem too much of an ask.

Hope the right people will see this plea, thank you for your time and have a great day!"

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Still nothing at all about what we're going to do about servers etc. I hardly even play anymore it's very sad they're not giving us any information. Just all of this updates and pictures no game play no answers to all of the disheartened players on here.

There is something wrong going on at the studios. They deliver pretty much nothing...
If they dont call or answer, its common sense they are messing things up...

Dont worry though, after they take down the official ASE servers, and ASA (most likely) isnt ready yet. They might have a few episodes ready for us to watch, waiting for ASA to get down. Not all of them, just a few...
In the meanwhile this is about the only big game I know of that is so empty online. Well, overall theres a "decent" player base. But players are bound to specific servers, game modes, official-legacy, private etc etc...

Hi All,

I am sure that this has been asked, so sorry for the duplication. Once the xbox servers go down at the end of September, as currently planned, I understand that Wild Card will create save files. Will I be able to play that save file on Xbox? Or, will I need to rent a server to play my save? I have been playing the same character since launch, and would hate to start over (it would take for ever to recreate everything on single player).

Thanks!

Personally I think that whilst it's a shame for people to lose their progress on official servers, they've given everyone enough time to enjoy it while they can and start afresh when the rework comes out. It's a full redo as well, so I think a total server wipe and restart is the best way to launch ASA with as few bugs as possible. 

10 hours ago, SirGlobbyLot said:

Personally I think that whilst it's a shame for people to lose their progress on official servers, they've given everyone enough time to enjoy it while they can and start afresh when the rework comes out. It's a full redo as well, so I think a total server wipe and restart is the best way to launch ASA with as few bugs as possible. 

Well, you must be kidding.  Want to lose 22,700 Ark game hours?  Many of us refresh the bases until the end of the ASE.  And many of us will not buy what they want to call a remaster, which is supposed to be ASA.

11 hours ago, SirGlobbyLot said:

I'm sorry but the whole gaming Community is in the uproar because of what they're doing. Games don't just make a remaster and don't transfer over. Snail games and wild card want you to repay for a game you already. Because they are out of funds for their new game. They're paid to win game.Have already spent time on and hours? To restart all over again? Sorry you must not have invested a lot of time into the game. Who wants to have a rehashed version of a game you already have. Oh wow you can use mods 🙄 now on console. Something bethesda's studios has been doing already. I spent hours and years time and effort which I would be very upset to have to restart over. They're not giving us anything anything at all just to pay more money really?

Edited by ladymarina
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

In current situation: XBox & PS need to rent a Server.

HERE SOME INFO:

Yeah something they've been scheming to do for a while now. nitrado is horrible server service. For all my time on unofficial servers all I  ever did was get knocked off etc. I was actually going to get my own server at one point and it is way too expensive. Have they even said anything about cheap server rates nothing and who wants to deal with nitrado if you are late or if you can't pay all your hard work is going to be destroyed gone. Wg/sg needs to do better.

Edited by ladymarina

29 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Yeah something they've been scheming to do for a while now try to is horrible that is a horrible server service. For all my time on unofficial servers I'll ever did was get knocked off etc I was actually going to get my own server at one point and it is way too expensive. Have they even said anything about cheap server rates nothing and who wants to deal with nitrado if you are late or if you can't pay all your hard work is going to be destroyed gone nothing they need to do better.

I totally understand you, I too was having trouble maintaining the cost of multiple maps and therefore chose to settle on Official Server [XBox]. I started ARK in Split Screen (SP) with a friend but, when he couldn't play anymore, I don't like playing SP and I started evaluating the other possibilities, I couldn't buy a second XBox to use it as a Server and I didn't have stable connection, the Nitrado alternative only works for those who have the ability to keep multiple maps (Clusters) active at the same time otherwise new people will never join a single map and even I myself would be forced to play one map at a time (or two if you want a fixed base on which to keep all progress), so I chose Official also because the Vanilla settings were the ones I wanted to deal with...

Like many others, I STILL KEEP MY BASES ACTIVE TODAY IN THE HOPE OF A BETTER SOLUTION TO THE FINAL CLOSURE or WHO KNOWS A WC/NITRADO AGREEMENT TO REDUCE THE COST OF RENTALS? (I highly doubt that better solutions will come out, I'm afraid it would not be convenient for WC for the purposes of its Marketing line...).

I'm still left with HOPE between my fingers crossed....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

I totally understand you, I too was having trouble maintaining the cost of multiple maps and therefore chose to settle on Official Server [XBox]. I started ARK in Split Screen (SP) with a friend but, when he couldn't play anymore, I don't like playing SP and I started evaluating the other possibilities, I couldn't buy a second XBox to use it as a Server and I didn't have stable connection, the Nitrado alternative only works for those who have the ability to keep multiple maps (Clusters) active at the same time otherwise new people will never join a single map and even I myself would be forced to play one map at a time (or two if you want a fixed base on which to keep all progress), so I chose Official also because the Vanilla settings were the ones I wanted to deal with...

Like many others, I STILL KEEP MY BASES ACTIVE TODAY IN THE HOPE OF A BETTER SOLUTION TO THE FINAL CLOSURE or WHO KNOWS A WC/NITRADO AGREEMENT TO REDUCE THE COST OF RENTALS? (I highly doubt that better solutions will come out, I'm afraid it would not be convenient for WC for the purposes of its Marketing line...).

I'm still left with HOPE between my fingers crossed....

Yeah all we can do is hope that I sure know that I want to be able to traverse all 12 maps and not being able to do that is going to be a real headache.

• Like 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic