How would the save data translate to single player

sjskdjkfa

Incase anyone is like what?... here is the context. In the latest community cruch there was the following bomb shell:

• Official Servers: With the launch of ASA at the end of August, we will be taking down all Official Servers on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC for ARK: Survival Evolved – at that time, the final save-datas from the ARK: Survival Evolved Official Servers will be uploaded for players to re-host on their own servers or play in singleplayer/non-dedi, as well as slightly earlier snapshots. You will still be able to play on single-player, non-dedicated, player-dedicated, and unofficial servers. ARK: Survival Ascended will have its own fully supported Official Network for all platforms.

Yes, you are right, giant file, upload it to a folder and then you can log in to the server in your single player game. You probably won't have your original character (they didn't give us those in the last sunsetting when legacy was created due to privacy issues) so you will have to forcejoin ur old tribe.

And yes you will be able to take a good look at other people's bases, or let them decay more quickly with server commands. 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Like what im imagining is i download a massive file, put in in some folder or something... load up my single player and like all ery bodys bases are in my single player game? ...like can i make them auto decay or are they just gonna sit there blocking resources just cause i wanted to dl my base and my dinos?

To load a backup in SP would requires a bit more effort. For the sake of example, let's say you want to load The-EU-OfficialServer95 (on Nitrado) (available on the Server Backups page) locally. If you are playing on PC (Steam) you would need to:

• Download and extract the ZIP file.
  • Move the extracted files to the following directory (or the directory specific to the map the save is for):
    ../Steam/steamapps/common/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArksLocal/*
  • Rename the file matching your <steamid64>.arkprofile to LocalPlayer.arkprofile.
  • Launch your game with -ForceRespawnDinos as mentioned into the following thread:

On EGS steps should be similar. As for consoles, assuming they do it the same way they did in the past, the saves will only be available by renting servers with Nitrado.

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

To load a backup in SP would requires a bit more effort. For the sake of example, let's say you want to load The-EU-OfficialServer95 (on Nitrado) (available on the Server Backups page) locally. If you are playing on PC (Steam) you would need to:

• Move the extracted files to the following directory (or the directory specific to the map the save is for):
  • Rename the file matching your <steamid64>.arkprofile to LocalPlayer.arkprofile.
  • Launch your game with -ForceRespawnDinos as mentioned into the following thread:

On EGS steps should be similar. As for consoles, assuming they do it the same way they did in the past, the saves will only be available by renting servers with Nitrado.

Wait so to get our backups for Xbox we have to pay to Nitrado? coz on Xbox/Windows 10 we dont get access to the folders like steam/epic...

On 4/1/2023 at 8:59 AM, invincibleqc said:

You are always very technical and precise, thanks for the info.

Can any of you get confirmation from WC regarding the XBox files?

Really the data cannot be transferred to the new ASA Servers and the AsE Servers must empirically be closed?

(I'll push to finish the "story" within five months, tough feat, but... am I peacically done playing today?)

• 4 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 5:49 PM, Luizza said:

Yes, you are right, giant file, upload it to a folder and then you can log in to the server in your single player game. You probably won't have your original character (they didn't give us those in the last sunsetting when legacy was created due to privacy issues) so you will have to forcejoin ur old tribe.

And yes you will be able to take a good look at other people's bases, or let them decay more quickly with server commands. 

they are providing tribe and character files too apparently.

3 hours ago, Shixynazz9548 said:

Wait so its time now, what the heck do i do? i have 4TB hard drive ready, im on PC crossplay with Windows install. Hows this supposed to work??

Have tried to do get the files working in SP as per instructions but it just results in a crash at ruins  , I have seen many people trying to convert to sp with this issue.

• 2 weeks later...