Asteroids resources spawn need changing

madjimrogers

Asteroids need to spawn multiple resources.   People like myself do not have time to wait through the in-game day & night cycles for the chance of a certain resource to spawn to farm them.   Especially something as essential as element.  

I want to play when I have free time and not according to when a certain resource might spawn...  Please fix this.  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Mephos said:

mhm, i find it interesting. makes it worth while to check from time to time the spawns. its something different. if i want fixed spawns i play another map or just transfer to another map and harvest resources there. 

no everyone has time to for that..

It is a broken system.  Games should be playable on ones time and not based around on the games time..

Also, you cant transfer on official for months..

11 minutes ago, madjimrogers said:

no everyone has time to for that..

It is a broken system.  Games should be playable on ones time and not based around on the games time..

Also, you cant transfer on official for months..

You can't transfer stuff inside gen2 but you can bring your char and you can transfer stuff out of gen2. So thats pretty much okay by me..

8 minutes ago, Buggyark said:

You can't transfer stuff inside gen2 but you can bring your char and you can transfer stuff out of gen2. So thats pretty much okay by me..

Which is my point.. You cant transfer stuff into gen2 for months.   You have to wait for hours for the asteroids to cycle through before you get the resource you want.  Not everyone has hours to wait for the resources to cycle through...

Some people only have limited time to play and cannot wait for hours upon hours for a resource to spawn.  It is no practical.

I think most of the resources in the space void are also available elsewhere. But the space void is the motherload. My first element run netted me well over 100 element equivalent.

And metal is everywhere in any asteroid type.

I tend to do some farming no matter the type... then when the more desired types are there, I scarf it up. 

10 hours ago, Zapha said:

At least Wildcard could change from random to a fixed spawn order, so that we can plan better. But even with this there would be only 2 hours per resource per day for a player.

or just change it where there are different types of asteroids every wave.  the amount of resources per wave can vary. some waves you might only get 100 ele, other waves, you can get 1k plus but the danger is higher.

9 hours ago, Ganelon said:

I think most of the resources in the space void are also available elsewhere. But the space void is the motherload. My first element run netted me well over 100 element equivalent.

And metal is everywhere in any asteroid type.

I tend to do some farming no matter the type... then when the more desired types are there, I scarf it up. 

if you only got 100 element, you are doing it wrong.. You can like 1k-2k+ ele if you do it right.  But, finding ele asteroids is based on luck and nothing else.   It's a horrible mechanic to base your game on luck to farm resources.

and no one cares about metal.. 

I really love the concept of the ever changing asteroids. Really cool system imo but I play alot. I can understand your frustration of timing the element asteroids. It's just luck really but I have seen it at least once every day so far.

The good thing is you really only need to catch it that one time because you get an insane amount of element. I got over 800 in one run using a pretty crappy anky.

11 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I really love the concept of the ever changing asteroids. Really cool system imo but I play alot. I can understand your frustration of timing the element asteroids. It's just luck really but I have seen it at least once every day so far.

The good thing is you really only need to catch it that one time because you get an insane amount of element. I got over 800 in one run using a pretty crappy anky.

Do the Anky give more than the mining drills? Haven’t gone to the space biome yet, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Stiffeno said:

Do the Anky give more than the mining drills? Haven’t gone to the space biome yet, thanks.

Not sure about the mining drill. I used an asc metal pick the 2nd time I went farming and barely came out with 100 ele.

I have an apprentice mining drill so ill have to give it a shot but my gut says even a sub level 100 anky would be better. Theyre really easy to maneuver around as well because of the zero gravity. 

You should be able to plan your crafting projects and related mining sessions, not wait or play 12h a day for a chance. Aberration has set times when you can go for a surface run.

The same wish applies to Scorched Earth's Super Heat - I'd like to know ahead of time when I'm able to tame a Phoenix.

If a dev has read this please consider discussing these suggestions with the team.

An ini option would be enough for me and players like me.

Aberration day/night cycles changed and were not the same based on what day you were on in game.  At least the meoteor changes are at exactly the same time every single day.  The event happens consistently.  The only difference is not knowing what resources you might find without checking the beacon colours outside.

As others have said, the resources are available elsewhere on the map if you want consistent spots to farm but this is an added bonus if you time it right without much danger from the map - can't guarantee the same from pvp server players :)

If you don't like the added bonus feature, don't use it?

On 6/8/2021 at 9:17 AM, Zapha said:

That does not really help. I need longer to find a supply drop than flying into the gap and check it.

It's just a way to easily identify what cycle it is. I mean it doesnt take long to look across the map and see what color the drops are. If there's no drops around then fly into the void.

But yeah, your welcome for passing along the info about drop colors.

Archived