Beginner Server wipe today.

POD80

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Razorbeak1 said:

Where do we find the Forum notification for PVE Beginner server wipe schedules?

I could be wrong but I think it's only announced through twitter? And then that info percolates into here via confused people asking and people linking to twitter announcements? At least it seems that is how I've seen it happen.

3 hours ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Wildcard really needs to use the in game announcements on the beginner servers more - I started on one, and didn't even know they wiped until some people mentioned it in chat.  No reason they can't have a little countdown timer or something.

That would require them to actually have a schedule, from what I can tell it's kinda random. Would be nice tho if maybe every six hours or so the in game notification said something like this server will wipe in about 1 month, .5 months etc. Just give us a guestimate.

Wildcard should really have periodic in-game announcements that the beginner servers will wipe on X date, say when you log in; would save everyone a lot of confusion. Maybe include a link on how to use the obelisks to transfer your stuff.  I started on one at the beginning of the year, and didn't know they wiped until part way through, and only through ingame chatter from other players. Thankfully I had enough time to create an alt on a main server that I could pass my tames to, and gradually move my stuff instead of a last minute rush.  

EDIT: Found the answer I was looking for

although looks like wipe is behind.

Below are the subsequent planned wipes based on the 8-week wipe schedule:

• January 26
  • March 23
  • May 18
  • July 13
  • September 7
  • Nov 2
  • Dec 28

is there any information on the next beginner server wipe?

I've been playing since the last March wipe and want to transfer my character before the wipe (but not until I have to, enjoying server atm)

The wipes were on a 3 month(ish) schedule but the last two have been much shorter. 

I've seen nothing on Twitter or in the forums. Thank you!!

Archived