Stats

Carpenter

Stats

So I’m a newer player and I have a few questions about stats. To all my breeders out there when you’re mass taming Dino’s are you using the stat calculator to see the Dino’s pre tame stats and post tame stats? If you are what is a good amount of points into one stat? I’ve been recently been trying to figure out breeding and I’ve decided to start on stegos and I tranqd one with 34 point in my desired stat (pretame) then after I kibble tamed it, it had 59 point into my desires stat (post tame) I’m just wondering if that’s good or if I should be aiming for higher heights to maybe breed a “super Dino”

If you are using dododex before and after , it's probably wrong on the after.  if you put it into ark smart breeder after, then i'd believe that 59 is correct.  When using dododex, a 59 after tame is usually meaning at least 10 points less in reality - which is still pretty wicked.

For breeding - Anything 46+ is good.  Anything 50+ is outstanding.  anything 54+ is nearly epic....

If you need a dino just to use to get started, 40+ tends to be a good start if all you need is something quick.  but if u want to start mutating something I try to go 48+ and preferably even to start.

I’m using Dododex I’ll check it’s stats this afternoon and get back to you.  I’ve been searching for better for 3 days maybe and out of the 100 I’ve knocked out and looked at their stats only 2/10 would have a good amount of points into a stat. What steps should I be taking into breeding a super Dino and how do you have tips on accomplishing them?

My process:

1. Check pre-tame stats using the wiki or dododex. If the pre-tame levels are too low (see below) in the stats I'm interested in, I'll probably just kill it unless I'm just starting out.
  2. Check post-tame stats.
  3. All dinos that have a top stat go into my breeding pool.
  4. When my breeding pool have high stats (see below), I'll start breeding to combine into a base pair.

A word on high/low stats:
I always create the same type of table for myself:

image.thumb.png.91f0a247ebb2b0d0872d43cc26fa0a7c.png

The level column consists of: Max level of wild creatures on my server (150), level of a max level perfect tame (224) and then some other points of interest (250, 300, 350). The other columns shows how many points each stat has if the stats were distributed completely equally between all stats for creatures that get points in 6 stats and 7 stats, respectively.

For instance, Fliers no longer get points in speed and since then they don't get "wasted" points allocated in speed anymore. Thus, they only get points in 6 stats and hence the average is higher.

This table makes it easier for me to remember what are high and low stats. Any stat with more points than this number is above average, lower points is below average, easy enough. I check the post-stats against this and any creature with a stat that has 1.5 times the average number of points qualify for my breeding pool. Example: An Argy that has more than 55 points in any stat is gold.

The extra rows (level 250, 300, 350) I use for reference: if a creature had this many points in all stats, they would be born at that level. That gives me another way of seeing how high stats are. If I have an Argy with 50 points in each stat, they would be born at level 300. So above 50 is good!

And here are the missing rows for tek creatures:

image.thumb.png.3e33029669155e701a414427fb9ae17a.png

I’m using Dododex I’ll check it’s stats this afternoon and get back to you.  I’ve been searching for better for 3 days maybe and out of the 100 I’ve knocked out and looked at their stats only 2/10 would have a good amount of points into a stat. What steps should I be taking into breeding a super Dino and how do you have tips on accomplishing them?
Dododex doesnt work for stats after tamed, only wild.

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

If you are using dododex before and after , it's probably wrong on the after.  if you put it into ark smart breeder after, then i'd believe that 59 is correct.  When using dododex, a 59 after tame is usually meaning at least 10 points less in reality - which is still pretty wicked.

For breeding - Anything 46+ is good.  Anything 50+ is outstanding.  anything 54+ is nearly epic....

If you need a dino just to use to get started, 40+ tends to be a good start if all you need is something quick.  but if u want to start mutating something I try to go 48+ and preferably even to start.

I found post tame on Dododex is fine for everything but melee on most dino's. Think their might be a few odd dino's that the hp doesn't calculate right too but stam, oxy, food, wt have always been spot on.

3 hours ago, Carpenter said:

Does the base amount of the stat effect how many point go into the stat when I level it? Also, how is the Dododex no good for after tame stats? Is it inaccurate?

it's been explained in several other posts.  Dodo dex can't calculate the % bonus for taming effectiveness which effects how the melee expresses itself.  You can tame an anky w/ 40 points in melee on 2 different tames.  Both get exactly 40 poitns in melee but one has taming effectiveness at 50% other at 97%.  One will show 381% melee other will show 356% melee.  BUt when you mate, the baby who inherits the melee from either of them will show 381.9% melee.  

DOdodex won't know why one shows 356% and other shows 381% because you can't input the taming effectiveness you got while taming said creature.  ALso, if you use dododex, it explicitly states it "enter the stats of a wild xxxx to determine how they were randomly distributed".  This is why it says that.

stamina, oxy , food, we, aren't effected by this which is why those stats appear fine when putting into dododex.  You said you got 59 points which is why I instantly assumed you were talking about melee even though you bothered to leave that detail out.  This is a point I've had to help people understand in game for the last 2 years, and it's happened so many times when trading for stats, that it makes it tough sometimes to trade w/ people who don't understand.  It ends up wasting everyone's time when I see the stat they said was 54 points was really 44 and I already had 52.  

a huge clue that this is the case is easily seen when you look at the run speed points dododex would assign to those post tamed stats.  Every dino you input has remarkably lower run speed points,  so much so that their run speeds would seem like outliers when all the other stats are in the 30s but melee ends up at 50 and run speed is at 15.  That's your first clue that dododex isn't really doing the job right.   One or 2 animals sure, you just got super lucky.  But every single one u tame is 40+ melee as well as super low run speed points compared to all other distributed stats?  Think about that for a minute.

Hey guys, I'm the developer of Dododex. 

What @GrumpyBear and others have said is correct. Dododex's stat calculator is for pre-tame stats. It's not that it's "broken" or "inaccurate" for post-tame stats -- it's that it's not a post-tame stat calculator, so you're basically asking it to calculate impossible stats of a wild dino. If you're trying to use it for post-tame stats, it might coincidentally show you some roughly accurate information for some stats, but it will be wildly off for most, since it isn't accounting for taming bonuses.

I want to build a post-tame stats feature but it's significantly more complicated. It's just just a matter of making a few tweaks. If you've used the Smart Breeder app, you'll see how complex the interface is on that tool. It's on my to-do list though! :)

18 minutes ago, danleveille said:

Hey guys, I'm the developer of Dododex. 

What @GrumpyBear and others have said is correct. Dododex's stat calculator is for pre-tame stats. It's not that it's "broken" or "inaccurate" for post-tame stats -- it's that it's not a post-tame stat calculator, so you're basically asking it to calculate impossible stats of a wild dino. If you're trying to use it for post-tame stats, it might coincidentally show you some roughly accurate information for some stats, but it will be wildly off for most, since it isn't accounting for taming bonuses.

I want to build a post-tame stats feature but it's significantly more complicated. It's just just a matter of making a few tweaks. If you've used the Smart Breeder app, you'll see how complex the interface is on that tool. It's on my to-do list though! :)

THank you for all your hard work!!! I have to say its my 3rd most used app on my phone.  Keep on being awesome!

Archived