Best Way to Prevent Spawns in Base

MayonnaisePlease

Best Way to Prevent Spawns in Base

I live on a pretty large amount of land in extinction surrounded by bh gates. I decided hey, I have to afk for a minute. Come back, a 135 Therizino tore apart my wyvern (Rip) All of my dinos are on passive except for my one Velonasaur on turret mode.

Is there anyway to kill spawns in a wide area surrounded by behemoth gates? Foundation with a pillar in it, double foundation, pillar with ceiling, etc? I've seen many people use those methods to block spawns.

Any idea on what's most effective? 

Foundation with a fence foundation on it is most cost effective. 

Really, the best way is just build a few turret towers. Can be simple too.

1 foundation, 2 walls high, 4 heavy turrets (catwalks will suffice since it sounds like PvE but giant hatch frames have better LOS), 500 ammo each. Will deal with most things. Build like 2 of them. Looks cleaner than foundation spam. 

However, the foundation with fence foundation is cleanest looking of the spam, cost effective, and does the job.

for turrets i prefer velon, they eat from the troughs, don't use stam when player isn't on them.  It saves ammo costs and will clear pretty much anything that spawns inside the base.

On valguero I have raptors and horses spawn inside my courtyards, with the occasional jerboa. Everyone use to joke the raptors were attempting a prison break for their fellow raptors.  The Velon take care of them without any problems and anything else that might pop in thats hostile.

Wolves/raptors/sabers/whatever set to follow a daed set to passive and passive heal.  Collect the meat from the pack and give it to the daed and the trough.  No replacing bullets, and you're leveling up creatures that can help you defend your base later.  You'll also get a steady supply of other resources depending on what's spawning.  I set up a pack near the swamp for a few days to collect boa venom and sarco skin.

I build overhead cover for my base defense packs, very hard to snipe them if they aren't out chasing something.

16 hours ago, caleb68 said:

for turrets i prefer velon, they eat from the troughs, don't use stam when player isn't on them.  It saves ammo costs and will clear pretty much anything that spawns inside the base.

On valguero I have raptors and horses spawn inside my courtyards, with the occasional jerboa. Everyone use to joke the raptors were attempting a prison break for their fellow raptors.  The Velon take care of them without any problems and anything else that might pop in thats hostile.

I have spawned in a few different times saying that a raptor killed me and my gf but none of the other dinos were touched. Or I log in and as soon as I do it says that my Argy killed an allo. Which there was one trying to help me place BH gates down to make a courtyard area for us to start building in. The area we are in on Valguero seems to love just randomly spawning in a sharp toothed meany. lol I was told to take my Rex up there on a dino leash and just let it wander around. Would take care of anything that spawns in and free meat without having to work for it. 

Archived