Please Nerf Leedsychthys

Fatnificence

Suggestion

8 replies to this server topic

16 minutes ago, Fatnificence said:

I will try the honey.

All good points. I agree the Leeds serves a purpose, but it does not need to hit so hard or be so fast you cannot outrun it. The only escape is head for shallow water before it sinks the raft, which is not so easy around the ice in the north. 

I just always stay as close to the shallows as possible, but it is annoying to have to do that, especially since I got a raft stuck on a rock in the shallows while getting away from a Leeds attack, and there is no way to move it so it is lost to me.

I would expect the metal boat should be OK as Leeds is not supposed to damage metal.

I think the metal speedboat can be damaged but it takes more hits and can be powered by gas to go faster but then maybe I am thinking that only alpha Leeds can damage it, I'm going from memory and it's need a good 18 months since I read about them

1 hour ago, Fatnificence said:

Please Nerf Leedsychthys.

Rafts are designed to act as a portable base which can store all your stuff. One of these can destroy it all very quickly. PVE at least should not be that brutal. 

Stone or metal makes no difference as it damages the raft directly. That is ridiculous. 

If you carry the resources to repair the raft, you can dismount and repair and remount every time the Leeds hits the raft and get away to safety as there is no "recently damaged wait 2:00 to repair" on rafts

1 hour ago, hud said:

PVE needs to be even more brutal if u ask me, now is way to easy.

I agree. But everything needs strengths and weaknesses. 

Currently with decay timers off, PvE is a parking lot. So lots of new players are looking for alternatives and seems some are losing to the leeds. For PvE anyways leeds could use a bit more balancing.

You can also chuck Honey into the water which will distract it. 

They added Leeds so people would stop traversing the map just on rafts and staying safe off mainland. 

If you want to do the water living thing you can build turrets under your boat using pillars, ceilings, and giant hatch frames or you can play the Ragnarok map which doesn't have Leeds. You can also tame a few sea creatures amd have them follow the raft. Decent ones will make short work of a Leeds.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can also chuck Honey into the water which will distract it. 

They added Leeds so people would stop traversing the map just on rafts and staying safe off mainland. 

If you want to do the water living thing you can build turrets under your boat using pillars, ceilings, and giant hatch frames or you can play the Ragnarok map which doesn't have Leeds. You can also tame a few sea creatures amd have them follow the raft. Decent ones will make short work of a Leeds.

Can also stick to shallow waters and the Leeds where also added to remove all the rafts that people had directly above deep ocean drops as people would have beds above then and just swim down to see if the drop is there which was faster at the time then swimming all the way around the map 

I will try the honey.

All good points. I agree the Leeds serves a purpose, but it does not need to hit so hard or be so fast you cannot outrun it. The only escape is head for shallow water before it sinks the raft, which is not so easy around the ice in the north. 

I just always stay as close to the shallows as possible, but it is annoying to have to do that, especially since I got a raft stuck on a rock in the shallows while getting away from a Leeds attack, and there is no way to move it so it is lost to me.

I would expect the metal boat should be OK as Leeds is not supposed to damage metal.

Archived