New in kibbel farm looking for some tips / info

SpenkymenGaming

Hi, 

Im new in to the kibbel farm and like to know what gender dino i need to use only female our male as wel als do i need to enable wandering and so yes what will be te best settings for the dino so the wont walk away 

Also tips / more informatie is more then welcome here i love to learn more about it :)

3 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Dinos don't need to be wandering to lay normal eggs (kibble eggs). 1 male and 1 or more females. Tame low levels..It's faster.

You can use ramps or hatchframes to get the on a lower floor. There are lots a egg laying barn ideas. See YouTube.

is there is layout on the dino gender like for example :  male / female / male so on ?

From personal experience, I wouldn't put saddles on them. 

I frequently annoy my self by accidentally pressing E to find myself riding the dino instead of picking up an egg ?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, DuoMog said:

From personal experience, I wouldn't put saddles on them. 

I frequently annoy my self by accidentally pressing E to find myself riding the dino instead of picking up an egg ?

Just make them float:

D5BFA07C4584714DB4AD8ACA718C713975D91DA3

AAB4D610F592F5FBD0BAE105322047E02E729A6B

If you demo the ceilings under them, they won't fall until you whistle or ride them because no physics are running on dinos when they are idling.?

17 minutes ago, Mctoozle said:

Peeps are telling you not to put them on wander, but when they are ready to mate you can put them on wander and force them to mate in order to get a fertilized egg which you can cook into kibble. If you are on an official server you will want to do this for those eggs in high demand.

Fertilised eggs will hatch, but eggs don't need to be fertilised to work for kibble.

Dinos on wander will quickly have themselves disorganised, and the eggs will be hard to find.

45 minutes ago, SpenkymenGaming said:

Will it display a egg icon as showing on this video : 

Yes, the egg icon means that an Oviraptor is within range.

12 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

If you demo the ceilings under them, they won't fall until you whistle or ride them because no physics are running on dinos when they are idling

I love that idea, it's so funny.  But I don't trust WildCard to leave the physics like that.  

Thank you for the reply so far just to make sure I understand your advice/tips 

What is understand so far
1. set the dino not to wander,
2. set the dino to ignore group whistles.
3. Attach saddle is optional
4. tame low-level dinos 
5. have 1 male and 5-10 females 

What I have tamed so far 
1 male Triceratops
3 female Triceratops
1 male Rex
1 female Rex
3 female Dilophosaur
1 male Dilophosaur

when will the drop eggs because so far none of the listed dinos above have dropped an egg? 

and is an Oviraptor needed to farm eggs again sorry for the questions and thanks for replying 

3 hours ago, Corrigan said:

Just do what everyone else does. Tame one male and 5-10 females of everything that lays eggs. Make sure you tame a million dodos to secure your 500 tribe tame limit before server cap. Ling ling will eventually come to your server to use it as storage. 

Or, you know, join PVP and meat run all of his stuff and claim the server as your own

7 minutes ago, SpenkymenGaming said:

Yes i think i will place them on a sloped stone roof Thanks :) is there any more tips our dinos i will need to most for the kibbel ?

I assume you got your garden started and your jerky making started. If not get started.

I suggest following a kibble tree, so you can use kibble to make tames faster.

Or start with just the imprinting kibble dinos (ones needing for the imprinting process).

2 hours ago, SpenkymenGaming said:

when will the drop eggs because so far none of the listed dinos above have dropped an egg? 

and is an Oviraptor needed to farm eggs again sorry for the questions and thanks for replying 

An oviraptor isn't completely essential, but it does massively increase egg laying.

There are a limited number of kibble types needed for imprinting purposes.  They're listed at https://ark.gamepedia.com/Imprinting/Kibble_List

If you haven't already, I'd recommend making a fridge to store eggs, kibble, and jerky so they last longer.

29 minutes ago, DuoMog said:

An oviraptor isn't completely essential, but it does massively increase egg laying.

There are a limited number of kibble types needed for imprinting purposes.  They're listed at https://ark.gamepedia.com/Imprinting/Kibble_List

If you haven't already, I'd recommend making a fridge to store eggs, kibble, and jerky so they last longer.

Thank you! i have a fridge and notice that the dinos are dropping eggs but is a slow procces also when im leaving the area it looks like the dont produce eggs ? 

Archived