Nintendo Switch will also get the DLC

Oreoman

i could play ark on the pc but only on the switch version i can easily grow my t-rexe as i can go online anytime on the go. I do not have to feed my animals for 8-10 hours, but I can take care of them every 2-3 hours. I'm in the switch version much further, I breed now for over 1 month t-rexe and it is very easy with the switch. I can always achieve 91-100% imprint.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/26/2019 at 1:39 PM, Muki19 said:

i could play ark on the pc but only on the switch version i can easily grow my t-rexe as i can go online anytime on the go. I do not have to feed my animals for 8-10 hours, but I can take care of them every 2-3 hours. I'm in the switch version much further, I breed now for over 1 month t-rexe and it is very easy with the switch. I can always achieve 91-100% imprint.

That’s awesome! I’m not in a place to breed anything just yet.

The portability IS great....its just too bad the game has had zero support & is so unstable. I hear its rather easy to get a refund from Nintendo because Switch Ark doesnt meet their  (Nintendos) standard of quality & you get to keep the game! I may try it out. As far as the topic goes, we are going on a year with no patch or mention in Community Crunch. I truelly feel Wild Card scammed us. No DLC,  no basic support, no mention of even the products existance, stripping away public servers, no option to rent private servers....plus with their track record & Nintendo issuing refunds I have to question if they will even allow Wildcards "garbage" product further on their platform in a dlc fashion. I wouldnt be suprised if the Switch version of the game wasnt pulled from Nintendos  Eshop if it hasnt been already or restricted from new sale at brick & mortar game shops

This version thus far is an undeniable cash grab. Once it has the attention of the platform that hosts it to the degree they are issuing refunds I have to wonder how the continued existence of the product & its longevity/chance of future support will sort. I doubt Nintendo wants to refund us for buggy dlc too.

Dont use text. Its so much easier to deny service when you have the namelessness of the internet & no direct line to a higher up to overturn bad decisions. Do it over phone & dont be shy or afraid to ask for higher ups/managers to intervene. Others have highlighted Wildcards poor Switch support vs all the other consoles as a spring board in their efforts. Be sure to state how their online is broken with random unstable disconnects and how they have pulled servers & how game crashing glitches...BOTH ONLINE & OFFLINE.... have not been patched at all in close to a years time while other consoles see support and have their versions fixed routinely on a monthly basis. It may be helpful to also state that on social media & official forums they have never- short of 1 patch that happened a few weeks after launch- mentioned the Switch while monthly talking about other consoles, giving them bug fixes & new content & how this has been the case for close to a year. Its also worth mentioning to them you pay them (Nintendo) for online play yet cant play the game online in an unbroken matter due to the games glitches. In short be honest, polite & explain your complaint. 

Drive home how broken, outdated & unsupported it is &  & how you are paying Nintendo to play a broken online game that doesnt match their seal of quality. If your game is physical you may have a hard time getting your money back....but I own it digital & physical (bought it digital first as I never wanted to be without it, but when I saw what a resource hog the game was in digital format I sprang for the cart too, to free up space) Id like to recoup the money spent, at least on the digital version. Between the 2 Ive  spent 100 dollars  just on the Switch (more on PS4 with expansions, etc) & Id happily take a refund on a sub par product as a credit on Nintendos Eshop for that 60 bucks digital. Not sure if it will work but there is no harm in asking customer service....just dont do it in text. Its easier to type no than say no & while texting its harder to get past the agenda driven folks who just want to bar your progress. Asking to speak to a nintendo support associates manager directly after a failed negotiation is easier than jumping through text hoops trying to track down a higher up who may actually be helpful

they are actively working on twitch to make the game better! Just not on switch, lol.  Seriously asking questions about balance etc & discussing updates & content we dont even have nor I doubt ever get. Its ok....we were scammed. Still got around 600 hours of gameplay out of it so while I despise the garbage support & sub par product....the games still great imo & I have my moneys worth for it. (for 1 game, not the 2 times I bought it on switch, lol)

Its just a shame they treat this sub group of their business pool so terribly. The should legitimately be embarrassed for phoning it in to  this degree & taking adavantage of such  an excited hopeful playerbase

1 year is weeks away. Do you know whats also close to that years time anniversary? The last time we had a patch or were mentioned by devs in community crunch or mentioned here in a noteworthy matter at all other than stripping servers which was a net negative to the switch community.

I hope those that are wanting support get it. Im not holding my breath & feel its a pipe dream. Our kibble chart is still a backwards mess requiring large egg farms on a system that gets choked out by large structures required to make said egg farms. ZERO EFFORT & thats been reflected in long term sales. They arent going to rush off to change that & rescue us is my belief. Get confortable with this version or seek out 1 that meets your expectations. It sucks....but it is what it is.

• 4 months later...
On 3/13/2020 at 10:44 PM, Spinosaur said:

Nope.

What was so bad about the game that wc just decided to push it aside with no intent of updating it and dlc and leaving you with just one map and no new dinos and terrible graphics was it the console running in Nvidia's hardware processors or they just gave up? i mean the game was released in 2018 about two years ago lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has there ever been any update on this?? I keep posting recently that there is loads of fun to be had with the Switch version of the game and I would happily pay for DLC! Does anyone know who the 3rd party was who handled the port and whether its possible to get in touch with them? Please someone throw us a jurassic bone!! 

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2020 at 10:03 AM, Shake69 said:

The amount of anger this made me feel is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

• 1 month later...

Archived