How to get much oil in aberration in early game ?

Bullz

yeah AB is not the best for oil. You can get it on the surface and dodge reapers the whole time, you can get it down in the element region and dodge rock drakes the whole time. Or you can farm trilos and dodge boredom the whole time. Best advice I can give......spend a weekend setting up a oil outpost on a low population SE server. I have a small base I log into once a week spend about 5-10min making gasoline then transfer it over to my AB base. It is a nice change of scenery(not being stock in a cave all the time) and I have found that people on SE servers will pay for AB tames so you can make a nice little side business transferring tames as well.

GL see you on the ARK

On 7/16/2018 at 7:48 PM, Kawarriorking said:

yeah AB is not the best for oil. spend a weekend setting up a oil outpost on a low population SE server.

I dont know if SP is diffrent from Multiplayer,but for me the only way to transfer to another Map is via the Obelisks.(ShinHorns transfer was removed,and all the drops Ive opened so far are missing any tribue/transfer options)

And If I have access to an Obelisk it means ive "conquered" or mastered the surface, and with that have oil at my disposal although yea need to dodge terrifying mobs doing that..

Yeah in multiplayer transferring is fairly easy. Best advice I can give for a new player on AB is to set up a base or outpost near the surface entrance around 25,67.  Then get to work taming a few ravagers. You will need to build a ramp or set up a zip line to get to the surface but once done you will have a reliable way to farm oil. Going to the surface through that entrance you will find about 10-15 oil spawn points pretty close to the entrance. As a bonus if you get a reaper on your tail you can jump off the cliff at the entrance and when it follows you over the edge just run back up the zipline and go back to farming oil. Of course when your done farming you will have a pile of reapers waiting for you in the entrance tunnel.

easy way is definitly dung beetle, next i would say kill seeker, even if they dont give "lots" of oil they do provide a bit (a fairly decent spino or megalo, 1 ~2 rad suit into red and good for 1 hrs of farm)

you can probably expect 1 or 2 stack if farming intensively, next you got oil at rock drake trench but obviously you need a good mount to go there, last i recommend the surface can be really challenging, i dont recommend it even with a ravager, because if you happen to see an alpha (yes very rare i know but still risk is here) well you are then screwed

id go to the surface only with ppl to protect me (best is reaper (megalo) and karkinos anky, fast, farm lot, and fairly secure

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, anguelwyvern said:

easy way is definitly dung beetle, next i would say kill seeker, even if they dont give "lots" of oil they do provide a bit (a fairly decent spino or megalo, 1 ~2 rad suit into red and good for 1 hrs of farm)

you can probably expect 1 or 2 stack if farming intensively, next you got oil at rock drake trench but obviously you need a good mount to go there, last i recommend the surface can be really challenging, i dont recommend it even with a ravager, because if you happen to see an alpha (yes very rare i know but still risk is here) well you are then screwed

id go to the surface only with ppl to protect me (best is reaper (megalo) and karkinos anky, fast, farm lot, and fairly secure

I have tried to power my way through the surface. With eight high lvl ravagers this actually worked really well for the first five or so reapers. But one reaper would always run off and then two to three more would come running back.  Two reapers become six, six becomes ten and then it's all over.  No matter how many I killed more came running. I have also tried it in groups with Rock drakes. Same issue, the first four or five go down easy but they just keep assaulting you until you flee or die. The greatest success I have had on the surface is just me and my ravager. A unleveled ravager isn't going to outrun a reaper but if your listening for the sound a reaper makes when it pops up out of the ground, you can be on your ravager and on your way back to the entrance before it is ready to start running after you. Use the rocks and other obstacles to slow the reaper down(it can jump but AI is dumb) and you will have no problem out foxing a reaper.  I guess the real question is how far do you want to go into the surface? If you just want to get oil and element you can find plenty right near the entrance, take a ravager get in get out no problem. If you want to go to the obelisk you will need a group with serious mounts.

Oil is fairly easy to get.  Killing Trilo's during x2 can garner you quite a bit.  We have 3 dung beetles that create more oil than we really need for crafting or making jerky.  Now if you are looking to manufacture gas, then gas balls are most definitely the thing to collect.  Many gas collectors on our server are left unlocked so collecting them is never an issue.  We have 3 or 4 that we regularly leave unlocked.  And green gems....well those are everywhere :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived