INVISIBLE DEATH !!!!

AngryGamer666

What is going on with certain areas on the Aberration map where if you ride through it you either die from the hallucinations or freeze to death, but there is nothing on the ground it is like an invisible mushroom minefield. Is this a bug, does it need to be fixed? 

I have found now that im having to ride or walk everywhere in the ugly hazmat suit as ive lost two sets of good armour from dying on these patches?

Only time I encountered this in the green zone was with the red mushrooms.  Creates a rainbow/acid trip effect (LOL) that disorients your character, and can kill you if you hit a couple in a row.  There is a mushroom you can eat that will counter the effects (of the Red Mushroom in the green zone), Aggervasic (spelling?) I think is the name of the one you want to have on hand.  This will help in the blue zone but you will most likely still go unconscious; the Hazmat suit is the way to go there.  

On 5/24/2018 at 1:26 AM, GrumpyBear said:

Also u can keep mushrooms on hand to counter the effects.  Aggervic mushrooms for the spores from green and aquatic mushrooms for the frozen spores in blue.

On 5/23/2018 at 1:33 AM, Roshona said:

Only time I encountered this in the green zone was with the red mushrooms.  Creates a rainbow/acid trip effect (LOL) that disorients your character, and can kill you if you hit a couple in a row.  There is a mushroom you can eat that will counter the effects (of the Red Mushroom in the green zone), Aggervasic (spelling?) I think is the name of the one you want to have on hand.  This will help in the blue zone but you will most likely still go unconscious; the Hazmat suit is the way to go there.  

Blue (Bio) and Red (Element, if you traverse there with attached lamprey) spore effect are punishing if you are not immune to their spore effect. They last 10x longer than Green (Fertile) region spores. You'd have to get a LOT of mushrooms to counteract once you are affected by it. Even worse for Element region: Ascerbic mushroom, the one that counteract their spores, are also like Narcotics and Narcoberries, it can render you unconscious if eaten too much, even with high fortitude.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:24 PM, Qwertymine said:

If you pump oxygen high enough, then Red Spores in the Fertile Biome will do nothing outside their acid trip effect. I have boosted Oxy stats on my server, so its easier for me to get it up higher, but just thought I would throw that out there.

Problem is the Food (you defecate every few milliseconds) and Torpor. Your Torpor will still raise up as long as you are affected by said spores, doesn't matter how much oxygen you have left.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:43 PM, AngryGamer666 said:

Hazmat is ok I just wish I could turn off the visor effect as it restricts view :(

No way around, sadly. Even applying skins to it doesn't remove the overlay hud.

Archived