Jump to content
Jen

Easter Egg Painting Contest!

Recommended Posts

large.dinos.jpg

Hello Survivors and welcome to the Eggcellent Adventure event!

This year we thought it would be fun to run a little egg painting contest along-side the event for those artistically inclined survivors to show off their work.

After you've managed to hunt down a Bunny Dodo or Bunny Oviraptor and find yourself an egg, place the egg down on the ground and take out your paint brush and dyes. You'll be able to paint select regions on the egg as well as free-hand paint it with the brush to paint any design on it. Be creative!

There will be three competitions with a prize to the winner of $100!

  • PC Egg Painting
  • Console Egg Painting
  • Real-life Egg Painting

The first two are self-explanatory and make sure in your entry to state whether you're a PC, Xbox, or PS4 user. PC players will be in one category (using a mouse) and console users (using a controller) in another category to make things fair. Players are expected to paint their own designs and downloading templates or images to use is not allowed.

In the third category we're looking for you and your tribe mates to get together and paint some eggs in real life that somehow reflect the world of ARK! Screenshot or photo quality won't be taken into consideration but try to get a picture that best shows off your egg.

The entries will be judged by our community team. Submissions are limited to three eggs per survivor, so choose your best egg! 

Submit them in this thread below and we'll pick a winner at the conclusion of Eggcellent Adventure!

Good luck, and hoppy Easter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kirayli said:

When is the deadline for an entry?

Monday!

On 04/04/2018 at 3:23 PM, Tunai said:

I would love to participate in this, however I don't see it active on my Xbox Dedicated Server. Is there a way to get it turned on for my server or are we having to pass this years event? 

Unfortunately, it won't be available for Dedicated Servers, though you're welcome to participate in the real-life egg version. 

11 hours ago, Fsjdaisy said:

How is the prize sent?

PayPal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can't paint eggs on the PS4. There's no documentation for Ark from the Dev's they always assume we know how to do everything they create. 

Ok I figured it out. You have to place the egg like a structure but can't pick it up. So my Egg is inside where no one will see it. What a complete waste of time. 

 

 

Edited by 20GT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 20GT said:

Can't paint eggs on the PS4. There's no documentation for Ark from the Dev's they always assume we know how to do everything they create. 

Ok I figured it out. You have to place the egg like a structure but can't pick it up. So my Egg is inside where no one will see it. What a complete waste of time. 

You do realise it will disappear in 3 days anyway when the event ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 27/03/2018 at 12:50 PM, Jen said:

Players are expected to paint their own designs and downloading templates or images to use is not allowed.

Does this mean we have to paint the image in the game itself? Because some people have third party editing programs they could use to create their own design and then drag the file into the game. I only ask as this method technically isn't downloading as it's still your own design created from your own PC, it's just being created in a third party program.

Edited by Jacira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Does this mean we have to paint the image in the game itself? Because some people have third party editing programs they could use to create their own design and then drag the file into the game. I only ask as this method technically isn't downloading as it's still your own design created from your own PC, it's just being created in a third party program.

I believe it would still be considered downloading as there would be no way to prove you made the image on your own PC. I believe it is ingame painting only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GP said:

I believe it would still be considered downloading as there would be no way to prove you made the image on your own PC. I believe it is ingame painting only.

I hope this is the case. Giving other players an unfair advantage with the use of a third party tool kit would be very disheartening for those of us that don't or can't access one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2018 at 9:27 PM, 20GT said:

So where do we find all this out? Word of mouth? The grapevine. No I didn't know that. 

You find it out by reading the Crunch that announced the event, right here: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×