Dear Wildcard...

Olivar

... thank you so much for the Rock Drakes!

Yesterday I raised my first one, and took it for a spin in the mushroom hill zone.
The ability to climb on any surface, tree or rock, and then glide through the air, soaring wihout worries and shooting for edges is simply amazing!
Also love the effect when they drop like a potato when going to slow :D

Took them to the surface to hunt drops, and the ability to jump from peak to peak is simply amazing.
Flying back home made me really appreciate this creature, and I'm looking forward to doing more things with it.
Especially now that I discovered it's stealthyness :D

Will probably make a nice video about this sometime soon

34 minutes ago, Olivar said:

... thank you so much for the Rock Drakes!

Yesterday I raised my first one, and took it for a spin in the mushroom hill zone.
The ability to climb on any surface, tree or rock, and then glide through the air, soaring wihout worries and shooting for edges is simply amazing!
Also love the effect when they drop like a potato when going to slow :D

Took them to the surface to hunt drops, and the ability to jump from peak to peak is simply amazing.
Flying back home made me really appreciate this creature, and I'm looking forward to doing more things with it.
Especially now that I discovered it's stealthyness :D

Will probably make a nice video about this sometime soon

I agree. Keep loving it! 

I loved it when I watched the trailer, then owning one made me love it more x3 also, it can hand pretty well surface reapers by itself. I killed 2 at the same time,  not bad (I pumped Hp and dmg xD)

Oh, we're giving them Chinese names  xD

I have a question btw: yesterday me and my tribe mate went on surface: oddly we weren't  able to climb all the rocks. You met the same issue? We went at the north west spot,  maybe is a glitched zone? We were trapped into a cliff and could get out only using our brain and spotting the only place where we could climb and jump (thanks this drake jumps so well). We thought to die down here D:

5 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Mine is called Shinryu
He's green with orange feathers and a yellowish-greenish belly.

Awww! Nice mix!  I also saw some with red feathers!

We wish to find a lime green/yellow or a magenta.  We killed some during our nest raid xD all low... You know, ark philosophy : cool color but low level xD

Yeah same here :D
We even saw some amazing high levels with beautiful colors.
But all pointless cause it's the egg that matters and what comes out of it :P

We'll probably go for a few more runs eventually to get even higher eggs, but so far we have a level 145 and level 160 drake.
And our first one was 55.....
At least our high levels are mate boosted now :D

Just now, AdligerAdler said:

Never gotten a single disconnect in 3 years? Must be nice on PC. I get 1-2 bluescreens a day (PS4) and less often a server disconnect.

Disconnects tend to happen now and then, but I've gotten lucky when they happened.
Plus I never go out alone, always a tribe mate around to guard the body and dino's when a disconnect happens.
Kind of a safety we have in our tribe for cases like that.

But blue-screens?
Never had a blue screen caused by Ark since I've played this game.
And yes I'm playing on PC for this game, as there was no mention of consoles back when I got it :D

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

Yeah same here :D
We even saw some amazing high levels with beautiful colors.
But all pointless cause it's the egg that matters and what comes out of it :P

We'll probably go for a few more runs eventually to get even higher eggs, but so far we have a level 145 and level 160 drake.
And our first one was 55.....
At least our high levels are mate boosted now :D

Let's say that: me and my tribe mate are color maniacs xD sometimes we tame stuff because colors. Lime colors usually are mutated, but drakes have them as a natural color, and we love them xD

GL for the next raid! Lemme know if you find something good :3 they respawn pretty fast so raiding the nests is not so hard.  

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

True, it's getting there and back in one piece that's usually the hassle :D

Posted a video somewhere on general discussion where we constructed an web of ziplines to go down with ravagers.
But now that we have the drakes, it's supposed to be a lot easier to get in and out :D

We used spinos  (mate boosted). We found them pretty handy due to the fast attack. But yeah, we wanna try with our drakes too. No climbing picks anymore mwahahabah

36 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Disconnects tend to happen now and then, but I've gotten lucky when they happened.
Plus I never go out alone, always a tribe mate around to guard the body and dino's when a disconnect happens.
Kind of a safety we have in our tribe for cases like that.

But blue-screens?
Never had a blue screen caused by Ark since I've played this game.
And yes I'm playing on PC for this game, as there was no mention of consoles back when I got it :D

I guess bluescreen is only a PS4 thing? Not sure what game crashing on the Xbox is called and on PC. You know, the PS4 color is blue and thus system messages tend to be on blue background. When you get a bluescreen the game has crashed and it says error in application or something on a blue screen. But maybe I'm wrong and the word originally comes from PC.

Just now, AdligerAdler said:

I guess bluescreen is only a PS4 thing? Not sure what game crashing on the Xbox equivalent is called and on PC. You know, the PS4 color is blue and thus system messages tend to be on blue background. When you get a bluescreen the game crashes and it says error in application on a blue screen. But maybe I'm wrong and the word originally comes from PC.

No I understand what you are referring too.
It's simply a game crash that happens on the PS4.
And I am aware that the console clients are far less stable than the PC version.

I had kinda ups and downs with a rockdrakes "experience". When I saw them on a teaser I was like "Yep, I need that one in my live". Then I saw them in twitch streams and I was  deeply disappointed by they look "Such downer ... they are ugly". They aren't that nice looking as I hoped for. What's worse the most common colour is green. :/

When we hatched our first 50 I wasn't sure if I am interested in that  weird scaly crooked front teeth thing what so ever. Until I took it on the ride in fertile chamber.  "Hell yeah, they feel good to ride!" I love them since then. Their movement feels so right and they open whole map for you.

@MayaPatch For your question. I may tell you something you may already know but most ppl (in youtube) didnt realize this feature exist so I am mentioning it. Left click changes climbing mode (white paw in right top corner of screen) and normal walking mode. If you glide to the wall and not have climbing mode your drake on he will just scrape his face against a wall as he fall down as potatoe. And I think that whats happend to you on surface (you had climbing off). Tricky thing is when you use a leap (crosshair + right click) it automaticly switches into climbing mode. So it's not obvious feature.

41 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

I guess bluescreen is only a PS4 thing? Not sure what game crashing on the Xbox is called and on PC. You know, the PS4 color is blue and thus system messages tend to be on blue background. When you get a bluescreen the game has crashed and it says error in application or something on a blue screen. But maybe I'm wrong and the word originally comes from PC.

On xbox I think we call it dashboarding. As @Olivar says the game literally just crashes and for us on xbox it returns to the xbox home screen. For me its usually preceded by loud noise from the fan. Other times it just crashes lol

37 minutes ago, Trqfreak350 said:

my fav is snapping the reticle to things above me for quick shooting in elevation it's amazing.. i love these drakes i didn't like them at first but now i;ve figured out just how to handle them and i love it.. i love this game 

I still love them but I really think one or two things need to be sorted out control wise. Like when I jump will I actually glide or just flop into the elemental river or face first into that angry group of drakes lol. But certainly my favourite tame atm, love them to bits. I could spend hours just running around on them.

Hoping for some higher level eggs. First batch highest we got was a level 20. Me and a tribe mate got those using spinos. Second batch we got 4 more eggs highest was 145. Got those using the lvl 15 hatched  drake with spino body guards. Drake didnt survive the expedition.

How does the dive bomb attack work ? Does it hit multiple times or something?  I was riding on my own drake at about 1k health left and I was ambushed by a diving drake lvl 55 and it shredded my drake in seconds. Spinos didnt even have a chance to come to the rescue. RIP Peekaboo.

i always hold shift whenever i take off and i haven't had any problems with the falling straight down unless i aim up too far, then it's all over. with the divebomb or dive latch thing it does hit everything around it, our first two tames were 180 and they do about 250 damage on divebombs, 1250 stam seems like a good number too to glide for a long while .

@AngrySaltire I've seen one of my dive-bombs hit a poor glowbug for up to 2500 damage. They work similar to the gryphon one. While gliding with some speed, aim your crosshair at your target and click as if you'd go for a rock/wall. When you properly hit the target it takes the dive-bomb damage.

I've pushed my drake's health up to 10k, aimed for the 2k stamina, and will push the rest in melee damage.

@Olivar Ah cool. Am still trying to work out how that mechanic works. Wasnt sure if the dive attacks with the base damage of the drake or if it was like the griffin which deals out more damage. Love divebombing things with then. Would certainly explain the low level one shotting mine. Thankfully it was raised with suicide missions in mind.

31 minutes ago, Meshi said:

@MayaPatch For your question. I may tell you something you may already know but most ppl (in youtube) didnt realize this feature exist so I am mentioning it. Left click changes climbing mode (white paw in right top corner of screen) and normal walking mode. If you glide to the wall and not have climbing mode your drake on he will just scrape his face against a wall as he fall down as potatoe. And I think that whats happend to you on surface (you had climbing off). Tricky thing is when you use a leap (crosshair + right click) it automaticly switches into climbing mode. So it's not obvious feature.

We tried a lot of times :/ it might be just that spot that hasn't the climbing allowed so drakes don't climb it.

We jumped, enabled the climbing skill.  Another weird thing is that the aim cross wasn't visible so we couldn't even glide and climb the wall like we always do. Me and my tribe mate were in panic fearing to die for the sunlight. My tribe mate has also the video ( I have to admit he rushed xD I had to tell him to calm down to get out from tha hole ahahah) . So in case it turns out being a glitch we can report. 

The 2nd odd thing was: at the bottom we could climb,  once we got higher the drake fell down. We jumped to go to the higher spot and jumped again to get out. Everthing with not being able to climb properly because the drakes fell.

Sorry if I don't explain well, not being English doesn't help xD I asked if in case someone had our same issue. It happened not only to me but also my tribe mate. We were in 2 then xD 

I also tough to test it in single player and check what's wrong. At least with admin commands I won't die like an idiot xD

41 minutes ago, Trqfreak350 said:

i always hold shift whenever i take off and i haven't had any problems with the falling straight down unless i aim up too far, then it's all over. with the divebomb or dive latch thing it does hit everything around it, our first two tames were 180 and they do about 250 damage on divebombs, 1250 stam seems like a good number too to glide for a long while .

I should try that. I have been meaning to try holding down the 'A' button. Keep forgetting though. Tried most other combos with that button.

Yes our first drakes finished yesterday and I really am enjoying him.  Mine is Cyan back yellow belly 170 hatch.    I can not wait for the weekend we plan on doing a mass raise this weekend.   

As for the eggs we take around 3-4 Karkinos down and load up with eggs to make the trip with it.  Usually returning with around 30-40 eggs all mixed levels of course.

Archived