The game is growing reptious, redundant and boring

20GT

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, Jacira said:

If you think the rates is the biggest complaint of official players then you obviously aren't very educated on the real issues official players care about. Never the less I'm not willing to speak on behalf of people i dont know so neither should you.

A lot of people on official have played ark since it's inception and the base rates now are the highest they've ever been. Plus with evo events every weekend it really is more than adequate.

Also about my "dumb logic", despite them building the game to be compatible with mods. If you choose to add mods then it is what it is. A different game mode wild card didn't intend for. Especially if you're playing annunuki or any other total conversion mods. Now they may have intended for it to be mod compatible, but everything that comes after has nothing to do with them. Which is exactly why my original rebuttal of using unofficial as a means to escape arks base game limitations still holds true. As the entire reason unofficial has a host of its own problems is because you are no longer playing the game the way it was intended to be played.

Lastly, not once did I say official players are better nor are players who choose to play the game without mods better. And no I did not hint to it because there is no "better" in Ark. The only thing that determines success in ark is how much free time you have in your life to slave yourself in it. So either you misinterpreted what I was saying (which should be cleared up) or you have an inferiority complex looking for the slightest chance to feel subjugated (Which I'm not touching).

Edit: misread your statement about mods on unofficials though you make it sound like all unofficials run with mods even though the console player base is much higher than Steam and has no such support.

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Edit: misread your statement about mods on unofficials though you make it sound like all unofficials run with mods even though the console player base is much higher than Steam and has no such support.

That's a bold statement, is there actually any proof of this because that would be hilarious.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Dylan1602 said:

That's a bold statement, is there actually any proof of this because that would be hilarious.

Wildcard said it a while back that console players outweigh PC players. Doesn’t take a genius to work that out either. Guess you fall short in that category ;)

Just now, DJRone89 said:

Wildcard said it a while back that console players outweigh PC players. Doesn’t take a genius to work that out either. Guess you fall short in that category ;)

Why I oughta! >:(

Nah I had a guy arguing with me the other week claiming it to be the other way round because you know, PC masterrace etc... I was just hoping there is something I can throw at him 

4 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Which is funny, because console is 2 platforms vs 1 platform. that's like saying there are more Burger joints than taco joints. (BK/McD's vs Taco bell) of course there's more burger joints there's more than one sampling of them

38 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Which is funny, because console is 2 platforms vs 1 platform. that's like saying there are more Burger joints than taco joints. (BK/McD's vs Taco bell) of course there's more burger joints there's more than one sampling of them

True, however that is irrelevant in relation to the point they were making... which, granted, is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of.  ¬¬

He was making a point that the majority of unofficial servers don't have mods, if for no other reason than console players (counting both Xbox and PS) don't have them.  In that context it's appropriate to combine them together, as the defining attribute is "don't have mods available".

4 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

True, however that is irrelevant in relation to the point they were making... 

He was making a point that the majority of unofficial servers don't have mods, if for no other reason than console players (counting both Xbox and PS) can't really run them.

no, that's not irrelevant, and I'm so sick of people, in general, saying there are more console games than PC gamers (look at the count of consoles: PS3, PS4, Xbox 1, Xbox360, Switch, Wii/U, 3DS etc.) 

the majority of servers, which does not count Consoles all have mods. but the original point of the thread was talking about how the game is getting more and more boring

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

no, that's not irrelevant, and I'm so sick of people, in general, saying there are more console games than PC gamers (look at the count of consoles: PS3, PS4, Xbox 1, Xbox360, Switch, Wii/U, 3DS etc.) 

the majority of servers, which does not count Consoles all have mods. but the original point of the thread was talking about how the game is getting more and more boring

Yes, this thread is veering further and further astray... however some clarification is in order.

Yes, when discussing the number of PC servers out there vs. the number of console servers out there, the TYPE of console (Xbox, PS) is completely irrelevant... just as it is irrelevant what manufacturer built your PC (or if it's a custom build).  The grouping being discussed is all PC's vs. all Consoles.

In fact, the last study I saw on the subject was a couple of days ago.  The game market share was split virtually equally PC and console players, with 19% going to PC gamers and 20% going to console gamers.  The other 61% of the market share was dominated by mobile gaming on your phone.

So the battle between the PC master race and console peasants has been redefined.  Both have been relegated to wannabe status by the phone gamer master race.  Dominated primarily by housewives, young kids, and filthy casuals, the dedicated gamers impact on the gaming industry as a whole is just a distant and badly faded memory.  Our time of relevance is at an end.

8 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

In fact, the last study I saw on the subject was a couple of days.  The game market share was split virtually equally PC and console players, with 19% going to PC gamers and 20% going to console gamers.  The other 60% of the market share was dominated by mobile gaming on your phone.

So the battle between the PC master race and console peasants has been redefined.  Both have been relegated to wannabe status by the phone gamer master race.  Dominated primarily by housewives, young kids, and filthy casuals, the dedicated gamers impact on the gaming industry as a whole is just a distant and badly faded memory.  Our time of relevance is at an end.

This caused the same sort of emotions as the time my wife told me I was better in bed than my brother. So happy but so broken at the same time... 

The PC master race is over but mobile gaming leading by a large margin.

24 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Ah so glad to see all those names explaining to OP how much Ark is the greatest of them all and he's all wrong. Man I wish someone was sending me paychecks to spend my whole day on these forums telling you how WC is the company that made America great again.

Wait!!!  Some people are getting paid to post?!?  I've been doing it wrong all this time.  :$

On a slightly more serious note, in the wonderful game development industry it would seem to be more common that people get caught jumping on a competitors forum to raise as much hate and discontent as possible... at least those situations get spoken about more often in the gaming tabloids than the other way around.

So I guess if we're going to raise an eyebrow at someone posting repeatedly either pro or con... well... let's just be kind and say there is just as much "evidence" (and I use the term loosely) on either side of the fence. 

15 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

So I guess if we're going to raise an eyebrow at someone posting repeatedly either pro or con... well... let's just be kind and say there is just as much "evidence" (and I use the term loosely) on either side of the fence. 

I would also point out that it could be, if it wasn't for the fact that this forum, in particular, has a very pointed reputation about being a cultivated sycophantic echo chamber. It's actually the main reason why this forum is one of the least trafficked among a variety of Ark community hubs. 

Not that I believe that people are being paid to post good things here. That's silly, there's enough good to be said. Just that, the general opinion of the place amongst the general public, would lend itself to that style of thought. 

2 minutes ago, iAmE said:

I would also point out that it could be, if it wasn't for the fact that this forum, in particular, has a very pointed reputation about being a cultivated sycophantic echo chamber. It's actually the main reason why this forum is one of the least trafficked among a variety of Ark community hubs. 

Yeah I see that sentiment a lot.  Primarily from folks that have been penalized for repeated forum violations such as spam, profanity, and personal attacks against other forum users (we let the ones leveled at WC staff slide).

Don't really see those accusations very often from anyone else though...  so I suppose it's not too surprising that they tend to congregate on other sites.  ;)

Now, however, this thread is starting to veer WILDLY off course, so lets get it back on track.

1 minute ago, Ranger1 said:

Yeah I see that sentiment a lot.  Primarily from folks that have been penalized for repeated forum violations such as spam, profanity, and personal attacks against other forum users (we let the ones leveled at WC staff slide).

Don't really see those accusations very often from anyone else though...  so I suppose it's not too surprising that they tend to congregate on other sites.  ;)

Now, however, this thread is starting to veer WILDLY off course, so lets get it back on track.

Perhaps the state of this forum has changed since that reputation was first acquired, however, mud sticks. The early days of the forums were very strictly moderated, and dissent heavily supressed, even if the dissent was formal and objective in all regards. I come back from time to time to see if it changes, this will be the third time, and hopefully it's the charm, as I don't see much activity from the people who were primarily guilty from it in the past, and see whole new faces on the mod team.

However I'll simply agree to disagree on that, and let the thread resume it's normal course (Though it seems like that has also run its course). 

15 minutes ago, iAmE said:

However I'll simply agree to disagree on that, and let the thread resume it's normal course (Though it seems like that has also run its course). 

Hmmmm, regretfully I'm inclined to agree with you on this one.  I rarely lock threads, but it appears that the OP has received plenty of good feedback and some game mechanic misunderstandings have been cleared up for him.  Since the last 2/3rds of this thread went pretty far astray and doesn't appear to be finding it's way back any time soon I'll go ahead and lock it for now.

Archived