Alpha Rex battle

Kayvoss

My brother and I just took on a level 50 alpha Rex. My brother just had a lvl 109 rex. I was riding a lvl 150 Rex and I had a lvl 123 spins and a lvl 76 bronto. Our Dino’s we in the field in the middle of the map. I was trying to get it’s attention by shooting in with a crossbow. It ran and killed my instantly( I have 300 health and full apprentice chitin armor). I spawned at my base and started to fly over, my base is in smugglers pass. As I was flying my spine died. My brother and his Rex died also. As I got there I collected my items from my body. I started shooting it with arrows. My Rex died, then my bronto. The alpha was extremely bloody as it was eating my bronto. I was shooting it with revenge and it died seconds after my bronto died. We had a funeral for them at the spot, my brother also lost his beloved mesopithecus. Now we have to tame more rexes and rebuild after this tragedy.by the way the stupid alpha Rex didn’t even give me loot. Only a trophy and it teeth. :,( 

whats point of this post? i was prehatching 1200 melee rex egg last night and it hatched 5 mins too early so i couldnt move it back to fridge and had to cull that baby rex. i really need to post this to forum :D i also lost 2 wyverns to same level 50 alpha rex, while i killed alpha rex level 100 with one of those wyverns few days earlier. so? should i cry? :P

16 minutes ago, X111 said:

I bred 20 high level Raptors on legacy.

500%melee, 4k health, all with mastercraft saddles.

took on a 125 Alpha rex...it was a blood bath, 1 raptor remained but the Rex was sent screaming into the after life choking on the blood of my creations

That is horrible! Breeding 20 raptors with high stats and getting the resources for the mastercraft saddles take a lot of time. How many hours did that take you? 

We are trying to find lvl 100+ rexes to tame and breed on our server, but we can't find any. We have the server maximum difficulty checked and I've only seen 1 rex over 100. It is an hour to circle carno island and kill everything to have two decent rexes spawn, a lvl 70 and a lvl 90. We tamed them and a half an hour later they died. Thankfully this weekend Im off from work and can look for a bunch of rexes. 

carno has never given me a good level rex, there also very frequent spawns between the ice mountain, obsidian mountain and volcano (right above smugglers pass where you are), 90% of my rexs were baited into the pass and KO'd from the center island. instead of circling carno repeatedly, fly between the ice mountain and obsidian, they also tend to migrate towards smugglers pass, and then towards the river (away from the ice).

3 minutes ago, Saupe said:

carno has never given me a good level rex, there also very frequent spawns between the ice mountain, obsidian mountain and volcano (right above smugglers pass where you are), 90% of my rexs were baited into the pass and KO'd from the center island. instead of circling carno repeatedly, fly between the ice mountain and obsidian, they also tend to migrate towards smugglers pass, and then towards the river (away from the ice).

I've seen a bunch of rexes around there , but they are all low levels. I killed them and wait for more to spwan. But lately none have spawned around smugglers pass. My base is there by the giant stone pillars, I don't think that would affect spawns. Iv'e been searching for a week now and haven't found anything. 

3 minutes ago, Kayvoss said:

I've seen a bunch of rexes around there , but they are all low levels. I killed them and wait for more to spwan. But lately none have spawned around smugglers pass. My base is there by the giant stone pillars, I don't think that would affect spawns. Iv'e been searching for a week now and haven't found anything. 

if on SP, do a wild dino wipe next time you log off, spawns can get a bit buggy on single player and dedicated, so the occasional wild dino wipe stops them clogging up.

11 minutes ago, Saupe said:

if on SP, do a wild dino wipe next time you log off, spawns can get a bit buggy on single player and dedicated, so the occasional wild dino wipe stops them clogging up.

I have my own dedicated server that my brother and I play on. What is the command to kill wild dinos? Iv'e looked it up when playing on singleplayer, but the command killed my tamed dinos as well. So im kinda scared to do this.

31 minutes ago, Kayvoss said:

That is horrible! Breeding 20 raptors with high stats and getting the resources for the mastercraft saddles take a lot of time. How many hours did that take you? 

We are trying to find lvl 100+ rexes to tame and breed on our server, but we can't find any. We have the server maximum difficulty checked and I've only seen 1 rex over 100. It is an hour to circle carno island and kill everything to have two decent rexes spawn, a lvl 70 and a lvl 90. We tamed them and a half an hour later they died. Thankfully this weekend Im off from work and can look for a bunch of rexes. 

the saddles don't take much due to them being early game tames but the actual breeding took about 3 months, I work as well and only manage some weekends and evenings to get things done, as a result I wasn't able to imprint fully on some if not most of them, my suggestion would to make sure you keep some fert eggs in reserve and kibble taming is the way forward if you want good stats when knocking things out, don't use mutton

9 minutes ago, X111 said:

the saddles don't take much due to them being early game tames but the actual breeding took about 3 months, I work as well and only manage some weekends and evenings to get things done, as a result I wasn't able to imprint fully on some if not most of them, my suggestion would to make sure you keep some fert eggs in reserve and kibble taming is the way forward if you want good stats when knocking things out, don't use mutton

I'm starting a scorpion egg farm for rex kibble, I've been using prime. Scropions aren't hard to find, but the rexes are the things that are giving me trouble to find as you can tell.

2 minutes ago, Kayvoss said:

I'm starting a scorpion egg farm for rex kibble, I've been using prime. Scropions aren't hard to find, but the rexes are the things that are giving me trouble to find as you can tell.

if youre on the island I may suggest Frozen Tooth mountain next to the Volcano

had my Legacy base up there and every other day there was a 130+ wandering around

It would be easier to get a 145-150 argy from carno island and put all points into melee than find 2 good 150 rexes to breed. Argys are much more plentiful there and you only need one with 360ish melee to start with (anything higher just means less leveling required). Just start slaughtering everything on carno with it and once you get it to 1000% it will kill all of the garbage dinos in seconds there to make farming even easier if you still want the rexes. It will also be able to kill any alpha. You can land, go toe to toe and kill raptors, get on a rock and kill carnos from a higher point and flap around rex's back to kill them. Much easier than getting rexes up to kill alphas.

2 hours ago, Kayvoss said:

I have my own dedicated server that my brother and I play on. What is the command to kill wild dinos? Iv'e looked it up when playing on singleplayer, but the command killed my tamed dinos as well. So im kinda scared to do this.

If you're starting with a .bat-file you just have to put 

-ForceRespawnDinos

at the end of the start up string. I do it every so often and it never killed any of my dinos, just despawned all the wild ones. After that, it takes a bit for them to spawn again so the world will be a bit empty for a while.

Another option is to use an admin command. Put the following into the console

EnableCheats <yourPassword>
adminCheat DestroyWildDinos

Remove <yourPassword> and enter the admin password for your server. I believe the recommendation is to restart the server after dino wipe.

Lastly, you can enter the admin cheats through a RCON client. I use ARKON

2 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

If you're starting with a .bat-file you just have to put 

-ForceRespawnDinos

at the end of the start up string. I do it every so often and it never killed any of my dinos, just despawned all the wild ones. After that, it takes a bit for them to spawn again so the world will be a bit empty for a while.

Another option is to use an admin command. Put the following into the console

EnableCheats <yourPassword>
adminCheat DestroyWildDinos

Remove <yourPassword> and enter the admin password for your server. I believe the recommendation is to restart the server after dino wipe.

Lastly, you can enter the admin cheats through a RCON client. I use ARKON

I play on Xbox , so I think I have to do the admincheat DestroyWildDinos one. 

2 minutes ago, Kayvoss said:

I play on Xbox , so I think I have to do the admincheat DestroyWildDinos one. 

Ah, my bad I forgot to ask (stupid PC player thinking everybody plays on PC ;) ). But yeah, at least there still is a way for you to do it :) I use that admin command every so often as well (although through ARKON) so I am confident it shouldn't touch your tamed dinos!

3 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Ah, my bad I forgot to ask (stupid PC player thinking everybody plays on PC ;) ). But yeah, at least there still is a way for you to do it :) I use that admin command every so often as well (although through ARKON) so I am confident it shouldn't touch your tamed dinos!

Lol, I play some ark on my computer too. I'll try that tonight once i get done with work. If it does kill my tames, I'll just restart the server entirely and my brother and I'll be in the same tribe. Currently my brother and I are in separate tribes but allied, since most of the time we play at different times. Thanks for the help! Looking forward to tame some high lvl rexes :D 

Archived