Boss fights

Balteraxe

7 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I'm curious, what is your stategy for the boss? Just chomp it with rexes? Do you use pheromone darts to deal with the stuff in the cave? How many rexes do you bring in total? When the boss changes forms, are they easier forms of the original bosses? :)

Also, regards to our exchange earlier in the thread, I overestimated the alpha brood based on past strength of it. Was a total pushover vs 25-30k 570-640% melee rexes and died in 5 minutes.

Stuff we bring into the cave for Alpha Ascension, Beta and Gamma can be done with less

• 1 Yuty
  • 2 Piggies
  • 2 Rexes
  • 24 Chickens of Doom™
  • Sniper Rifles
  • Food & Water
  • Hide Armor and Ghillie Armor
  • Buff Food
  • Pheromone Darts

The pheromone darts are used to lure large packs into the lava as well as the Giga's that spawn in beta and alpha. Outside that we clear the majority of the cave with the 2 rexes and piggies on follow while @Meshi guides the Chicken Army of Doom™ through the tunnels, keeping them from walking into the lava. With the ones you've seen from the screenshot, there's very little that poses a threat to us, even on Alpha.

The boss is pretty much tank and spank. The chickens are kept on the boss 100%, doing damage whenever possible. The rexes are camped in the middle of the room where me and our other tribemate use the sniper rifles to constantly shoot down the aerial drowns and chomp on the defense units.
Usually the entire ascension fight itself lasts 5 minutes, the majority of the time we spent clearing the cave.

Here's our Beta Ascension attempt using the above described setup.
Didn't record Alpha cause I got so frustrated at Reddit that I refused to record and share it.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Olivar said:

Stuff we bring into the cave for Alpha Ascension, Beta and Gamma can be done with less

• 1 Yuty
  • 2 Piggies
  • 2 Rexes
  • 24 Chickens of Doom™
  • Sniper Rifles
  • Food & Water
  • Hide Armor and Ghillie Armor
  • Buff Food
  • Pheromone Darts

The pheromone darts are used to lure large packs into the lava as well as the Giga's that spawn in beta and alpha. Outside that we clear the majority of the cave with the 2 rexes and piggies on follow while @Meshi guides the Chicken Army of Doom™ through the tunnels, keeping them from walking into the lava. With the ones you've seen from the screenshot, there's very little that poses a threat to us, even on Alpha.

The boss is pretty much tank and spank. The chickens are kept on the boss 100%, doing damage whenever possible. The rexes are camped in the middle of the room where me and our other tribemate use the sniper rifles to constantly shoot down the aerial drowns and chomp on the defense units.
Usually the entire ascension fight itself lasts 5 minutes, the majority of the time we spent clearing the cave.

Here's our Beta Ascension attempt using the above described setup.
Didn't record Alpha cause I got so frustrated at Reddit that I refused to record and share it.

Grats, now beta center boss fight....

:D

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 1:23 AM, Olivar said:

Bullpoop, none of the unofficial servers are on singleplayer by default.
Where do you even get this idea from?

Dragon can be taken down with Therizino's that are 30 levels below the maximum obtainable. 
Has been demonstrated on official and unofficial configured servers copying official settings.
Even the combined fight on Ragnarok is a joke.

I do boss test runs on unofficial.

Eh? I'm talking about rexes not theris? Blind or?

On 11/8/2017 at 3:15 AM, ThzNutz said:

there are many reasons to have multiple accounts, particularly if you admin servers and/or make videos. i have 4 steam accounts. main for actual play, one for crafting character, a server admin account, and a guest account. just because you cant think of a reason doesn't mean there aren't any.

**on Official 

our latest rex are 18k/702 (16.6k/602 base) with 100% imprint so? one raised last weekend is at 46k/720 at a whopping 4060 xp. these will easily hit over 1k melee. not sure if you are talking about tamed rex, rex on new servers or what you are on about, but 40k/1k with bred rex is not only achievable, its easy. 

we do and no one has been killed at all while riding, let alone been one shot from the saddle. that was fixed a lil bit ago. 

Buying ark 4 times whilst you can do that all in one account, makes sense. Sorry, should've mentioned, "sane reasons".

And i'm talking about born stats, not imprinted ones. :) 16k 602 melee born on official? Nice god rex, lmao.

As for the boulder, not sure if the splash damage was fixed but anyways, we let the whistles take care of everything.

I stand by my statements.

Myself and a few mates are going to start doing hard bosses on the island again after a couple months break.

We have our legacy save on an unofficial server and have the good rexes and theris, our yuts and pigs are fairly good too.the server is at official difficulty.

We are thinking 18rexes 1 yut 1 pig for hard spider and ape and 18 theris 1 yut 1 pig for hard dragon.

will this work?And how should we level the theris? I was thinking 20-25k hp with 5 vege cakes each and the rest damage.

Oh and we have asc saddles for all of them.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Buying ark 4 times whilst you can do that all in one account, makes sense. Sorry, should've mentioned, "sane reasons".

And i'm talking about born stats, not imprinted ones. :) 16k 602 melee born on official? Nice god rex, lmao.

As for the boulder, not sure if the splash damage was fixed but anyways, we let the whistles take care of everything.

I stand by my statements.

not sure how that would work tho? have a buddy over playing on guest account while i am using my main and crafting account all on the same server? the insanity is building 3 different computers that play Ark well, compared to which the cost of the game is inconsequential. if it makes you feel any better about my sanity i did get most of the copies on sale.

16/602 rex are no more "god rex" than the 13.9/602 theriz we have are "god theriz". good things can be obtained through time and persistence. 

being "one shot" out of the saddle was fixed, at least on the island, i would hope there is still splash damage from the boulder but who knows. you are free to run the ape boss however you like, we take a more active roll and ride a rex or two. to each their own.

you may, of course, stand by whatever you like:D

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Olivar said:

The one-shot still happens on TheCenter.

ah...wouldnt know, havent played there. i did edit my post tho, thanks. i keep forgetting anything related to the ape fight here is with regards to the CenterxD.

maybe OP should edit his thread title so i iz less confuze:$

You should give it a go though Nutz :D
The Tickle chickens work wonders as well in this fight, but as a player you need to constantly keep your distance from the monkey.
But if the chickens can handle Alpha Dragon, then Center ought to be doable as well without losses/issues I reckon.

The main question from me would be whether monkey bugs out as well as he did in our videos.

19 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

not sure how that would work tho? have a buddy over playing on guest account while i am using my main and crafting account all on the same server? the insanity is building 3 different computers that play Ark well, compared to which the cost of the game is inconsequential. if it makes you feel any better about my sanity i did get most of the copies on sale.

16/602 rex are no more "god rex" than the 13.9/602 theriz we have are "god theriz". good things can be obtained through time and persistence. 

being "one shot" out of the saddle was fixed, at least on the island, i would hope there is still splash damage from the boulder but who knows. you are free to run the ape boss however you like, we take a more active roll and ride a rex or two. to each their own.

you may, of course, stand by whatever you like:D

Prove it. lol. Show me one shred of evidence.

"16/602" are no more god rex, hahahaha, god that made my day. xDD

If rexes DO spawn with those stats, then i'll admit im wrong, I REALLY DO HOPE UR RIGHT tho. :P

Seriously, i wish people would stop derailing other players that play on official with unofficial knowledge. Especially moderators.

Also, monkey hard can be done solo, FYI. Don't need to ride rexes. :)

As for "One shot out of the saddle", as you mention it, i dont think its a bug, its splash damage, they lowered the damage recently yeah but it still happens. So its advised to not ride rexes.

1 hour ago, TracerBee said:

Prove it. lol. Show me one shred of evidence.

"16/602" are no more god rex, hahahaha, god that made my day. xDD

If rexes DO spawn with those stats, then i'll admit im wrong, I REALLY DO HOPE UR RIGHT tho. :P

Seriously, i wish people would stop derailing other players that play on official with unofficial knowledge. Especially moderators.

Also, monkey hard can be done solo, FYI. Don't need to ride rexes. :)

As for "One shot out of the saddle", as you mention it, i dont think its a bug, its splash damage, they lowered the damage recently yeah but it still happens. So its advised to not ride rexes.

Spawning rexes with those stats?
Are you mad?
That's breeding material, not wild tames....

Just now, TracerBee said:

By "rexes do spawn" i meant being born with those stats, how can you not get that from the conext? lol

Cause your sentences make no sense?
And yes, those kind of Rexes or Theri's can be obtained through selective breeding.
But they do not start at those attributes, you still need to level them up, quite high actually before they even come closer.

If you'd have taken the time to actually read the topic, and look at the various videos posted, you'd understand where these numbers are coming from.
It's perfectly possible to reach a 12k health, 600% melee damage Therizinosaur, by taming a level 150 wild one.
Demonstrated in the video in this thread.

Therizinosaurs that have been bread to 20/20 mutations focusing on health and % damage can reach far higher numbers once properly leveled up.
But that means actually spending quite a lot of effort on breeding dinosaurs to high levels and starts, and then spending more time to actually pump 50+ levels in them

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Cause your sentences make no sense?
And yes, those kind of Rexes or Theri's can be obtained through selective breeding.
But they do not start at those attributes, you still need to level them up, quite high actually before they even come closer.

If you'd have taken the time to actually read the topic, and look at the various videos posted, you'd understand where these numbers are coming from.
It's perfectly possible to reach a 12k health, 600% melee damage Therizinosaur, by taming a level 150 wild one.
Demonstrated in the video in this thread.

Therizinosaurs that have been bread to 20/20 mutations focusing on health and % damage can reach far higher numbers once properly leveled up.
But that means actually spending quite a lot of effort on breeding dinosaurs to high levels and starts, and then spending more time to actually pump 50+ levels in them

Where have i even talked about theris? 

You really are blind aren't you?

And you say I dont make any sense.

And as for rexes, as i've stated above, "PROVE IT". - Simple enough for you?

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

Your complaining and the point in case applies to both Rexes and Therizinosaurs.
But a valiant attempt for trying to divert us from the point at hand.

Which is what exactly? lol

Show me one screenshot (or whatever) of a baby rex with 16k health and 600 melee and i'll admit i was wrong. :)

A valiant attempt to mislead the community.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:00 PM, edskelly said:

Just had a read,so don't level theris above 21k hp.

and our theris are 10 or 11k hp and 460 damage base.I'm not going through what you guys did for the extra.... Lol

all that jive aint even neccessary. we do alpha dragon with rexes, a yut, and a baryonx sat. we took a deer to look at that method but seemed to much an annoyance and not necessary either. basic raiding rules is all that is needed for this fight and ppl dumb it up and muddy the water. The only thing u gain with all that insane breeding for higher level theriz is the opportunity to use a herbavoir who can eat a veggie cake and move quick. You do 80% of the dmg with guns anyhow. You wanna beat dragon then follow the one simple rule of raiding on any game..... Dont stand in chit..... period. one dino take fire breath per time. ez pz. quit worrying about hatching 16000 baby theriz and just dont stand in crap. Hell honestly with taking my barry in there and being able to shoot from the back it is viable to take say 3-4 rexes high melee and say 20k hp with good saddle to tank the boss and riders on yut(if u want xtra dmg for the last 20ish percent) and a bunch of good barry which u can buy eggs for like 3-4 k for the riders/shooters. we took no pig and barely used the yut. we lost three rexes bc they got clustered by a bad whistle and got breathed but we finished with 8 mins plus time remain on alpha.

On 27/11/2017 at 5:00 AM, edskelly said:

Just had a read,so don't level theris above 21k hp.

and our theris are 10 or 11k hp and 460 damage base.I'm not going through what you guys did for the extra.... Lol

It's pretty insane to go through.
But it's another strategy people can follow outside the standard "breed rex, wreck it up".
I'm actually curious now to trying other compositions to see what else can handle these kind of fights.
But I've read a few other strategies I want to test against the Alpha Dragon at some point and see what they do.
It's all about personal preference in the end, and me and @ThzNutz tribe kinda got attached to our chickens :D

Archived