Wyvern on Official The Island Servers.

monkeyhouse

I've been playing ark on PC for a month after not playing since the beta days of the game. I have lvled up to 70+ a few times on different official PVP servers on The Island and have noticed a huge imbalance in power with the people who have uploaded Wyverns to the map. The Wyverns are not a creature tamable or even found on the island yet they literally  wipe the entire map 2 or 3 times daily and raid everyone daily to the point where you can not play the game. Everyone in the world chat constantly gripes about the huge imbalance but nothing gets done about it. I don't see how people can log on day after day and play this game when one single player with a wyvern is crippling an entire map to the point where the game is actually not enjoyable or playable. It sucks I used to love this game in beta. It seems completely unplayable now. The Wyvern really should be banned on that map.

I'm with you man, transferring items and dinos across servers is massively unfair and the game was much better imo before it was allowed.  The best solution obviously is to get yourself a wyvern, but I know how difficult that can be for many players, especially casual players. Here are few tips for defending against wyverns if you don't have one.  Flame arrows are fantastic, as are obviously auto turrets.  Also, you can pick off the rider using a Ptera, and once the rider is dead, the wyvern is an easy kill.  You can also use Chain Bolas to ground the wyvern and knock off the rider, once again once the rider is dead, finish off the wyvern using a rex or an argent.  Hope this helps.

What you are asking here is that older players, ppl who have played for more than one month, should not have an advantage over you. That is lol... this is the sort of game where one extra day gives you an advantage. The fame gives you so many options and its what you do with them that makes the difference. If you farmed wood and stone while others went to SE and tamed a wyvern, then thats your call. If you've only joined now, then you should rightly be at a disadvantage to existing players, so your game becomes how do I survive and grow IN SPITE of these stronger tribes. If that is not something ur willing to put up with, go pve. I played pvp for over 1 year, then switched to pve. The change did me good. Maybe in one year i'll go back to pvp, whi knows.

But going pvp and expecting ppl not to use whatever edge they have over you is silly...

Yeah sorry, but no.
Taking down a wyvern, or the rider on top of it is stupidly easy with the right mounts.

And I agree with what @Steff wrote. These are people who have been playing for quite some time and actually invested in getting their Wyverns tamed, raised and transferred.
When you invest the same effort, you can have this as well.
Otherwise do what is described above, get a Ptera and take down the rider with a nice whirl attack.

Yeah, also forgot to say that its impossible for ppl on wyverns to wipe an entire server. Its virtually impossible. Maybe if someone was really quick in getting a wyvern at launch, when everyone was still on wooden small huts, MAYBE. But I was there at launch. There was no 2x, and I had the first wyverns on my island server and ppl were already well situated. Noted, I wasnt hellbent on anything, and its pve. But I would wager it was even harder for pvp ppl to get wyverns before I did...

Point in all this is... your server is not wiped 2 or 3 times by ppl on wyverns. Else they would be declared kill on sight by all tribes and all it takes is 2 ppl on pteras to discourage any wyvern mass killer. Its the small tribes who are getting wiped, and as stated before, its the nature of the pvp game...

12 hours ago, monkeyhouse said:

I've been playing ark on PC for a month after not playing since the beta days of the game. I have lvled up to 70+ a few times on different official PVP servers on The Island and have noticed a huge imbalance in power with the people who have uploaded Wyverns to the map. The Wyverns are not a creature tamable or even found on the island yet they literally  wipe the entire map 2 or 3 times daily and raid everyone daily to the point where you can not play the game. Everyone in the world chat constantly gripes about the huge imbalance but nothing gets done about it. I don't see how people can log on day after day and play this game when one single player with a wyvern is crippling an entire map to the point where the game is actually not enjoyable or playable. It sucks I used to love this game in beta. It seems completely unplayable now. The Wyvern really should be banned on that map.

Wyverns cannot damage stone or metal structures. You are level 70 and are still building in thatch or something? Wyverns have no armor and are very vulnerable to auto-turrets. Literally 3 auto-turrets set to players only would be enough to keep lone raiders out of your base. Wyverns seem scary when you first start playing but they really arent good for raiding as they cannot damage stone or metal. If you only have a handful of plant x up then that is a different story, but in that case a single player with some c4 and a ptera could easily raid your base. The problem isnt the wyverns, its that your base sucks. I dont mean any offence by that either, when I first started playing my bases were terribly designed and I still got salty when I was raided. Then I learned from my mistakes and got better. If you need help just ask, there are a lot of people here that can give you advice on how to prioritize your time when playing and how to properly defend your base.

15 hours ago, monkeyhouse said:

Get better at the game before requesting that the game be changed to meet your skill level. Wyverns aren't hard to kill. Get turrets, get guns, and work on your aim. 

It's unfortunate that Ragnarok is unplayable due to lag right now, I mean seriously unplayable.  My tribe would have loved to kept our wyverns on rag, but you simply can't enjoy the game on that map.  So we had to move to the island.  

Also like others have said it's very very easy to pick the rider off a wyvern with a pteranodon.  It's so hard to maneuver wyverns that you really should have no problem with a ptera

Archived