Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

3 hours ago, Scrysis said:

No software is without issues/bugs.  Sometimes solving one bug creates yet another series of bugs.

The dino-capping was done as an attempt to improve performance and allow wild dinos to exist in high-tame environments.  This was done in direct response to player complaints.

I can't comment on the  rubber-banding.  I play PC with a private server, so I've never seen rubber-banding.  Is this just a console thing?

Can't comment on legacy servers dying off.  Is it because there aren't players on those servers, or is it because Wildcard is shutting them down? 

Also, developers need to eat and pay for rent.

No the rubber-banding affects official servers on PC as well, I've not played on officials for a year or so up until this last weekend when I got the itch for some solo PvP, the last time I played official it had been getting worse over time but I finally gave up after coming out of my base on a doed, started rolling and he just kept on going out to sea for a minute or so before rubber-banding all the way back to my gates :D, as I said I gave it a go at the weekend and it was still terrible, never got any PvP as I had hard enough time trying to kill dodos & lystros which were rubber-banding all over the place, not good and they don't seem to give a toss about it.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RageQuitter said:

No the rubber-banding affects official servers on PC as well, I've not played on officials for a year or so up until this last weekend when I got the itch for some solo PvP, the last time I played official it had been getting worse over time but I finally gave up after coming out of my base on a doed, started rolling and he just kept on going out to sea for a minute or so before rubber-banding all the way back to my gates :D, as I said I gave it a go at the weekend and it was still terrible, never got any PvP as I had hard enough time trying to kill dodos & lystros which were rubber-banding all over the place, not good and they don't seem to give a toss about it.

(I'm totally going off topic, but whatever.)  Usually (very frequently) rubber-banding has to do with latency and internet connection, from what I know.  I just didn't want to give assumptions for the console crowd.  From my knowledge, it happens with the time delay between server and client.  You should be able to find the IP address of the official server you use.  Assuming you're running windows, hit run, then type in CMD and hit enter.  This should bring up a black command box.  Type (without the double quotes)  "tracert [insert server IP address here]".  You're looking for usually a couple of "nodes" that take a very long time to load.  Or a lot of nodes.  If it's the former, sometimes it can be fixed by blocking the nodes so that you force a different route over the network.   I'd be curious to hear if you have any big outliers on your trace route.

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

Excuse me, your Audi TT pulls too much to left when driving above 200km/h.
Is it possible to give the new TT Sport model for free to Audi drivers as a consolidation price?

if it is a  danger they are forced to fix it. if they can  not fix it they need to compensate the buyers. enough examples, only look to the last toyota problems in the usa

52 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Except the DLC is not a danger, and the game is working.

that is why you can noy compare.those 2 things.

bugs that players can reproduce can als be done by wc. only those game breaking bugs.are not high in there priority list our come with lazy work arounds because there priority lay by making dlc. and yes dlc needs coding to our do you think the art will walk by itsel or male sound by itself?

7 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Between the new bugs discovered (ie. Flyers not picking up dinos), lack of servers, servers dino capped 2 months into "official" release, no kibble re-work, laggy/rubberbanding "re-purposed" servers, Legacy servers dying off,  etc. we could just look at the xpac as a continued beta test/free release?

What you say is true but I don't think they should give away an entire expansion even if it looks as mediocre as Aberration. It'd be nice if they actually started to try and fix those problems at some point though.

28 minutes ago, Awakatanka said:

that is why you can noy compare.those 2 things.

bugs that players can reproduce can als be done by wc. only those game breaking bugs.are not high in there priority list our come with lazy work arounds because there priority lay by making dlc. and yes dlc needs coding to our do you think the art will walk by itsel or male sound by itself?

That statement is completely false.
Just because you were able to trigger or reproduce a bug, doesn't mean Wc can reproduce it in the same manner.

4 minutes ago, Awakatanka said:

whole youtube movies how to abuse bugs and wc can not reproduce...... ofcourse..... 

compare a server cluser he host  (pc probably) with a SP experience on another platform. because he does not experience it on pc it does not exsist....

i done bye

I'm sorry logic trumped your arguing.

11 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

This is the kind of thing i have to look at, sometimes it will show clear, sometimes its like this, bearing in mind, im on a SP and this small raft is all i have built, so its not like its trying to render 10,000 walls

59f0400971d53_ARKSurvivalEvolved(4).thumb.jpg.1da7fe704de02842b8e2dc38224ca216.jpg

You and I (and everyone else with access to Google or Youtube) know that you're being disingenuous at best using that screenshot as an example for how the game looks on consoles. If you're seeing that with any semblance of regularity outside of momentary texture loading, it's time to dust out or replace that $250 paperweight you call a gaming rig. :-P

Archived