MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

2 hours ago, EternalUniverse said:

Dear devs,

How about you wipe the new servers (console by tonight 9-10pm GMT +1-2hours) for the unfair release. some people have been waiting all day long and been told 24+ hours after that only right now the console servers will be up, while most people here in Europe have to go to work and all the best spots will be taken by kids/people who don't have a job or calling in "sick". 

This is unfair and your launch failed hard.

Compensate us by doing this will give us all players an advantage to start at the same time like anyone else from 0.

You kept lying to us for the past 2 years and even when the game "launched" you kept lying to us.

You missed your dealine and you kept us on a leash by telling us the servers will be up this time but you kept delaying it over and over again. The way I see it you were playing with us and that I cannot take.

I might forgive you if you wipe the servers when everyone is back from work, if not, screw you.

Again, they did not lie. They thought they could automate the server set-up process for consoles but the software failed and they had to do it all manually. Stuff like this happens with every major online game launch and always has.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overarching concern here is that the servers did not come up ad advertised.  Unfortunately, there is never a good time for a server wipe.  Everyone who played would be punished for being in the right place at the right time.  It's also very frustrating for people who followed all the announcements and made plans to be available within the designated time frame.  I waited for hours on end checking forums, waiting, watching and hoping they would come up.  However, I had to go to work, needed sleep and couldn't wait any longer.  I was up past midnight ET waiting.   Don't know what time the servers actually came on-line.  I'm happy for all those that get to play.  Wish I was one of them.   Just doesn't feel good knowing there aren't any spots left on the servers for my tribe group and probably will be that way for days.  Like others, we've been known to play for 24 hours straight to build up a spot to call home. :) Good luck everybody! 

21 minutes ago, Baton said:

even they wipe servers another boy will come and say " I had to work and couldnt take my favourite place wipe again pls" etc :Jerbfat:

Is not the same and you know it.

They gave a 1st realease day, they failed.
They gave a time for realease time, they falied.
They gave a time for re-release time, they failed again.
They didn't even gave enough server for the players, they failed.
They did not even answer or give information to the players, they failed.

They failed so many times, this is only a counting on the Oficial release, if we count in EA (which cannot be count because is EA, i'm aware of this), it's not the first time they fail. And they cannot even assume it.

@GP

lets put this in perspective

you've been told you are getting a substantial pay rise

however you get your pay cheque and suddenly not only did you not get your pay rise but are significantly underpaid

what would be your reaction?

your "job" is to keep the player base informed on any and all developments and to chase down information in such circumstances. its not only WC's reputation sinking here but the moderators of this forum as well. you represent the company in your given capacity.

now, please provide us with an update as to the current issues so that half this nonsense on this forum can be put to bed.

in my line of work, even though I do not make the decisions and only monitor developments I still have contact with my clients AND keep them informed on all any delays AS WELL as reasons. this means getting off my high horse and getting the required information for the CUSTOMERS who have invested in a product.

and don't delete this post

Legacy rag servers are either not going up as promised or there is a problem. 

It wouldn't be fair to say that it is a 100% failed launch, bc they did in fact launch it. Now, that doesn't mean that most, if not all aspects are flawed and they never really wanted legacy servers to begin with. This is their way of doing a soft wipe

• Volunteer Moderator
30 minutes ago, X111 said:

@GP

however you get your pay cheque and suddenly not only did you not get your pay rise but are significantly underpaid

your "job" is to keep the player base informed on any and all developments and to chase down information in such circumstances. its not only WC's reputation sinking here but the moderators of this forum as well. you represent the company in your given capacity.

now, please provide us with an update as to the current issues so that half this nonsense on this forum can be put to bed.

in my line of work, even though I do not make the decisions and only monitor developments I still have contact with my clients AND keep them informed on all any delays AS WELL as reasons. this means getting off my high horse and getting the required information for the CUSTOMERS who have invested in a product.

You want me to give an update on the situation?

My update is that I don't know the current status of the situation. It is not my job to hassle the Devs with the same questions everyone else is asking. If the Devs have an update to give THEY will give it, they wouldn't give it to me to pass on, they would give it directly when they are ready.

And it is not the job of a forum moderator to keep the player base informed of any and all developments of the game because that is down to WIldcard as they are developing the game.

8 minutes ago, GP said:

You want me to give an update on the situation?

My update is that I don't know the current status of the situation. It is not my job to hassle the Devs with the same questions everyone else is asking. If the Devs have an update to give THEY will give it, they wouldn't give it to me to pass on, they would give it directly when they are ready.

And it is not the job of a forum moderator to keep the player base informed of any and all developments of the game because that is down to WIldcard as they are developing the game.

so you provide no feedback or damage control advice to WC?

you don't work for WC?

you don't represent WC?

don't get me wrong, you moderators do a stand up job...in well...somethings. but seeing that this is the Official Forum, and you are basically in direct contact with the dev team or even the advertising team, you aren't even able to ask the question? not even willing to?

you and your team are in a fortunate position, don't you think its time to put the grievances forward?

as i said its not only WC's reputation, its also you and you team on this forum. currently, looking at all the issues that have flared up, don't you think its a good idea to do some digging yourself?

or are all of WC's representatives a little bit lacking in thought process department?

here, use this template and email one of their team members:

hi [insert name]

we're getting a lot of flak on the official forum and there's currently a lot of negativity aimed at the release execution and current implementation process.

is there anything we can give the gamer populace in the way of an update and current issues just so that they are all informed?

thanks for your time on this.

its really appreciated.

GP

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, X111 said:

here, use this template and email one of their team members:

hi [insert name]

we're getting a lot of flak on the official forum and there's currently a lot of negativity aimed at the release execution and current implementation process.

is there anything we can give the gamer populace in the way of an update and current issues just so that they are all informed?

thanks for your time on this.

its really appreciated.

GP

If you think they aren't aware that there's a lot of upset then you must be dreaming. Sending them a message like that would be telling them the obvious.

They should be left to get on with sorting out the problem so they can get it all resolved sooner than later.

1 hour ago, X111 said:

@GP

GP is a forum moderator. He moderates the forum and makes sure everything is in line on the forums. His job is to make sure things don't get out of control on the forums.

You seem to like metaphors, so...

GP is the store associate that tries to keep the sales floor clean and tidy. They're just there to make sure the shelves are stocked and the trash is picked up. That's their job.

What you're looking for is the manager of the store. In this case, the community managers/producers. You're looking for Jat and Jan. Taking a step higher on the ladder, you're looking for Jeremy.

What you're doing right now is screaming at the store associate, who's doing their job, and blaming them for a management decision that they had/have no control over. I'm very positive that GP isn't withholding information just 'cause. It's more like he has no information to give, because he knows as much as we do.

4 minutes ago, Irk said:

GP is a forum moderator. He moderates the forum and makes sure everything is in line on the forums. His job is to make sure things don't get out of control on the forums.

You seem to like metaphors, so...

GP is the store associate that tries to keep the sales floor clean and tidy. They're just there to make sure the shelves are stocked and the trash is picked up. That's their job.

What you're looking for is the manager of the store. In this case, the community managers/producers. You're looking for Jat and Jan. Taking a step higher on the ladder, you're looking for Jeremy.

What you're doing right now is screaming at the store associate, who's doing their job, and blaming them for a management decision that they had/have no control over. I'm very positive that GP isn't withholding information just 'cause. It's more like he has no information to give, because he knows as much as we do.

sometimes the only way to get the managers attention is to yell at the guy up front. and since the manager still hiding in the back...... well that is what is happening. and since we are using metaphors...... maybe it is time the front line sales associates step in the back and ask for manager assistance with pissed off customers.

Just now, bigfishrob said:

sometimes the only way to get the managers attention is to yell at the guy up front. and since the manager still hiding in the back...... well that is what is happening. and since we are using metaphors...... maybe it is time the front line sales associates step in the back and ask for manager assistance with pissed off customers.

No. The only way to get a managers attention is to ask to speak to one. In this case...

https://twitter.com/Jatheish

https://twitter.com/bubblywums

https://twitter.com/arkjeremy

The managers doors are open. Feel free to hope in and leave a complaint in the suggestions box.

6 minutes ago, Irk said:

No. The only way to get a managers attention is to ask to speak to one. In this case...

The managers doors are open. Feel free to hope in and leave a complaint in the suggestions box.

So we have an official forum for ark......... but we have to use twitter to reach the ppl. a lot of ppl still dont use twitter that is a pretty fail way to be the only contact source

11 minutes ago, Irk said:

you have no idea on regulatory body procedures

the complaint is raised, be it ticket or with a moderator (in this case) the complaint is then investigated, a detailed response is then given in relation to the complaint. if that has not satisfied the complainer then it is escalated to a senior, then to a manager, then to the complaints department, then to regulating body and a full blown investigation by a unbiased third party.

this final step, in my line of work alone, can be a fine of £500 for opening up a case and investigating payable by the company being investigated regardless and if found wanting, will then have to pay a financial penalty to the complainer if found that everything is justifiable. this could be anything up to and including £10 000.

so stop trying to be cute

3 minutes ago, Irk said:

You have direct lines of contact to the people you want to speak with. Either use it or don't.

yes let me go sign up for yet another social media outlet that i would never use again aside from the sole purpose of contacting ppl who also read this forum and wont care that i have a complaint. if you think they aren't reading this crapstorm too you are sadly mistaken. they aren't addressing it bc either they don't give a crap or they have no solution.

Just now, X111 said:

and for those who have no Twitter account?

please by all means register my complaint, i have given you proxy in doing so

Be a big boy and create a Twitter account. It's not a hard concept.

You have the means to reach out and speak directly with the people that can answer your questions. You're refusing to and instead throwing a tantrum on the forums.

Stop being lazy, create a Twitter account and reach out instead of lashing out at other people.

1 minute ago, Irk said:

Be a big boy and create a Twitter account. It's not a hard concept.

You have the means to reach out and speak directly with the people that can answer your questions. You're refusing to and instead throwing a tantrum on the forums.

Stop being lazy, create a Twitter account and reach out instead of lashing out at other people.

Twitter is dying propaganda site, why would i want to create an account there if there is OFFICIAL forum?

Just now, X111 said:

1 minute ago, ShadowAngel said:

Twitter is dying propaganda site, why would i want to create an account there if there is OFFICIAL forum?

I'm not in the business of selling you Twitter. Either use it or don't, I don't care. However, Twitter is a direct line of contact to the people in charge.

You can either use Twitter to reach them directly, or wait for their announcements on the forum.

• Volunteer Moderator

Gimme a minute locking thread look through this... Let me be clear Name calling foul language is still not allowed on the forums even in a i quit thread or complaint thread. I suggest everyone take the time to review the rules while i look at this a minute. Thanks.

• GP locked this topic

Archived