MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

1 minute ago, LittleRedReaper said:

I think we are all just pawns at this point. Really is sad. I recall reading that as well, but they really just keep going back on their word. I love Ark, I love the community, and I love what the devs have done and given the community, however, they make really big statements, using really pretty words, but at this point it's kind of like the whole genie thing. You get three wishes, but don't expect them to turn out the way you thought.

They've just been telling us what we wanted to hear but schemed and had other intentions in mind. They flat out lied. This has nothing to do with inexperience as others are saying to defend them. They knew exactly what they were doing behind our backs.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bedbug said:

Sorry to hear that about 755. I had some fun times on that server. Not sure if you remember me but I was your neighbor for awhile (Rock Lobster). You both were awesome players always were nice to everyone. Sad to see that WC is losing such loyal and enthusiastic players. I also just started playing again and , while my island server is gonna remain as a legacy server, i cant bring myself to even log on anymore and invest more time into a server that might be deleted at any moment. I'm gonna wait unit the 29th and start fresh on a new cluster. So if you ever change your mind join me.

I remember you :) I'm definitely downloading the 755 map when it's available. A part of me wants to start over, but how much more time will I have to invest to get back up to the point I was on 755... I was was starting to get some pretty cool stuff and dinosaurs when I discovered trading. Idk what to do. I get home from work and want to play but I am frustrated and don't want to look at Ark. 

49 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

If all servers are on the list, they will all be wiped and there won't be an primitive PvP SE servers that have the legacy status.

WC doesn't go after letting servers for every map and every mode but how full the servers were.

Also, what do you mean by new legacy? Legacy servers aren't new. They're the old servers. And all new servers won't be legacy.

just trying to find clarity.. they mentioned no support but all content would be available for legacy servers.. all content can be reasonably assumed as getting at least 2 (one for eu and one for na) "new" legacy primitive pvp scorched servers but I'm really not holding my breath after what was announced regarding the wipe/migration/etc.. I'm also of the assumption that it is more of a soft wipe happening to legacy as no support and oppressive alphas on the pvp side will further push servers into ghost towns and "repurposing".. but no hurt in asking..

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

just trying to find clarity.. they mentioned no support but all content would be available for legacy servers.. all content can be reasonably assumed as getting at least 2 (one for eu and one for na) "new" legacy primitive pvp scorched servers but I'm really not holding my breath after what was announced regarding the wipe/migration/etc.. I'm also of the assumption that it is more of a soft wipe happening to legacy as no support and oppressive alphas on the pvp side will further push servers into ghost towns and "repurposing".. but no hurt in asking..

The alphas are leaving legacy, expect to see them in the new servers, legacy will be more alive then the new servers for the first months. The new servers will be no play zones where killing on site is the norm.

I'm in the same boat as you. I think if you can take a break and start fresh you will enjoy it as much, if not more, the second time around. I lost everything when they changed the volcano. That, coupled with the flier nerf and demands from my work, forced me to quit ark. I gave up my base on 755 and what was left of my island holdings. Anyways, a couple weeks ago I started fresh and it was such a good feeling. I felt more free, I wasnt as obsessive about my tames, I seemed just to enjoy them in the moment and whatever happens to them was gonna happen. It actually made me a better player because if something attacked me I was more calm. So i just tamed a giga and tamed my first quetzal using a tape only to find out that my server is to become a legacy. So, once again I'm gonna lose everything and start fresh. It really is the journey that is the fun and jewel of this game. I just cant wait to get started!!! Too bad Ill be working on the 29 so ill be late to start lol.

Just now, RaiderofthelostARK said:

:( I'm sorry blue fox I hope your future ark experiences are better then what your feeling now. Don't give up though it'll get better. Hold your head high and transfer out.

No point in transferring dinos to a server, if that's what you mean. I have too much to move. If I did, would I have to move again and again every 3 months?

Maybe I will come back but I at least need a break for a while. This game is too time consuming and demands attention.

4 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

LMAO... What popular titles? Read up on someone before you make a comment like this. He's a Rookie with a bad track record.

Dude, I'm not stopping you from making yourself a sandwich. ?

Lol dude what the hell, you are talking about Jeremy Stieglitz right?

2005 Technical Director - Boanerges Studios

Owner of Artificial Studios for 5 years

Game Director, Ignition Entertainment, 2 years

Creative Director, War Drum Studios, 2009

Founded, Directed, Lead Programmer, Trendy Studios 4 years (Dungeon Defenders)

Co founder, Lead designer, Lead Programmer Wildcard Studios

Read up on someone before you make a comment like that.

19 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Servers are not content. By content they mean upcoming DLCs and such.

They said, as far as I'm correct, Legacy servers will not have anything changed. No wipes, no partial wipes.

And all servers on the kill-list will get a full wipe and you won't be able to transfer stuff to them from legacy.

Also I am pretty sure new servers will have every mode/map possible, so you can get a fresh start on your Primitive SE.

8 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Servers are not content. By content they mean upcoming DLCs and such.

They said, as far as I'm correct, Legacy servers will not have anything changed. No wipes, no partial wipes.

And all servers on the kill-list will get a full wipe and you won't be able to transfer stuff to them from legacy.

Also I am pretty sure new servers will have every mode/map possible, so you can get a fresh start on your Primitive SE.

can't have Phoenix without scorched tho.. I'm actually on an island server with a healthy pop,  but I enjoy going to scorched from time to time,  plus wyvern and such spawn there.  So if primitive pvp doesn't get scorched or rag then they are effectively lying again about giving us content.. like I said,  not holding my breath on it, but would like to know or at least what their language means.  

Just now, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

can't have Phoenix without scorched tho.. I'm actually on an island server with a healthy pop,  but I enjoy going to scorched from time to time,  plus wyvern and such spawn there.  So if primitive pvp doesn't get scorched or rag then they are effectively lying again about giving us content.. like I said,  not holding my breath on it, but would like to know or at least what their language means.  

Could you tell me about that Phoenix thing? I didn't read much about it.

27 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

The alphas are leaving legacy, expect to see them in the new servers, legacy will be more alive then the new servers for the first months. The new servers will be no play zones where killing on site is the norm.

I have alpha friends either way and I'm cool with getting wiped,  part of ark,  just wanted to know about scorched for primitive pvp on xbox1 legacy servers. 

Just now, Jostabeere said:

Could you tell me about that Phoenix thing? I didn't read much about it.

Well Phoenix is on scorched,  appears from the start till the end of heat waves (super heat) can be tamed by setting it on fire. Mobile meat cooker and metal smelter, can set things on fire with its melee attack.. 

1 minute ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Well Phoenix is on scorched,  appears from the start till the end of heat waves (super heat) can be tamed by setting it on fire. Mobile meat cooker and metal smelter, can set things on fire with its melee attack.. 

I meant why you say you can't get them. because you play Primitive and you cannot transfer creatures from normal servers?

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I meant why you say you can't get them. because you play Primitive and you cannot transfer creatures from normal servers?

Well if I stay on legacy and they don't give primitive pvp more scorched servers then that equals no Phoenix (it's not out yet).  They are wiping all primitive pvp xbox1 scorched servers (there's only 6, 3 for eu and 3 for na). I'm more or less gushing whether I should leave for new servers or not.. lots of friends staying on legacy and whatnot..

19 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Lol dude what the hell, you are talking about Jeremy Stieglitz right?

2005 Technical Director - Boanerges Studios

Owner of Artificial Studios for 5 years

Game Director, Ignition Entertainment, 2 years

Creative Director, War Drum Studios, 2009

Founded, Directed, Lead Programmer, Trendy Studios 4 years (Dungeon Defenders)

Co founder, Lead designer, Lead Programmer Wildcard Studios

Read up on someone before you make a comment like that.

Did you bother to read up on any of those companies or his actual experiences there?

LMFAO!

Neglected this thread for a while, trying to reach some reasoning in other media and threads here, maybe even by the slightest chance one of the lead devs will have an 'eureka' moment and see what is going on. But have to say goodbye to those leaving and posting on here. Good luck to you all and I do understand, most players do. Not sure what else to say really just good luck ?

2 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Yes I did, which is why I find your ill-informed "rookie kid" statement all the more astounding... Then again, this is the internet.

Obviously not. Either that or you have no idea what you're looking at so let me spell it out for you.

2005 Technical Director - Boanerges Studios - failed company, no games

Owner of Artificial Studios for 5 years - failed company, the talent was hired by Epic (not Jeremy) and the value went with him, no games

Game Director, Ignition Entertainment, 2 years - Some games yes, but mostly knock offs & remakes, closed with a shady past. So Entry level job in a bad company.

Creative Director, War Drum Studios, 2009 - ports games, doesn't make them. Again, rookie job, but at least one involved in some reputable games. 

Founded, Directed, Lead Programmer, Trendy Studios 4 years (Dungeon Defenders) - Segregated out of his position due to complaints from employees, then given a "go away" deal. This is the job he ended up getting sued over.

Co founder, Lead designer, Lead Programmer Wildcard Studios - Tried to hide from the lawsuit from Trendy for stealing assets for Ark & competing directly against them. Done by claiming to not be involved & only helping his wife & friends in a consulting capacity when Trendy proved he was full of it. Big surprise there. Lost the lawsuit, payed 40 million in damages, then all of a sudden he's one of Arks founders. 

So as I said, a rookie kid with a bad track record.... And...... REKT!!!!

4 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Obviously not. Either that or you have no idea what you're looking at so let me spell it out for you.

2005 Technical Director - Boanerges Studios - failed company, no games

Owner of Artificial Studios for 5 years - failed company, the talent was hired by Epic (not Jeremy) and the value went with him, no games

Game Director, Ignition Entertainment, 2 years - Some games yes, but mostly knock offs & remakes, closed with a shady past. So Entry level job in a bad company.

Creative Director, War Drum Studios, 2009 - ports games, doesn't make them. Again, rookie job, but at least one involved in some reputable games. 

Founded, Directed, Lead Programmer, Trendy Studios 4 years (Dungeon Defenders) - Segregated out of his position due to complaints from employees, then given a "go away" deal. This is the job he ended up getting sued over.

Co founder, Lead designer, Lead Programmer Wildcard Studios - Tried to hide from the lawsuit from Trendy for stealing assets for Ark & competing directly against them. Done by claiming to not be involved & only helping his wife & friends in a consulting capacity when Trendy proved he was full of it. Big surprise there. Lost the lawsuit, payed 40 million in damages, then all of a sudden he's one of Arks founders. 

So as I said, a rookie kid with a bad track record.... And...... REKT!!!!

40 million.. that's a chunk of change. Think your history there, although (lol) biased is pretty accurate looking from the outside. But I've had failed companies too... sometimes things don't work out no matter how much you put in so I'm not going to judge the individual by that, it's not my place to do so. Only thing that really proves is his wife is pretty cool, mine wouldn't have done that she would have pointed and said 'he did it'. Of course, she doesn't read this forum either ??

13 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

40 million.. that's a chunk of change. Think your history there, although (lol) biased is pretty accurate looking from the outside. But I've had failed companies too... sometimes things don't work out no matter how much you put in so I'm not going to judge the individual by that, it's not my place to do so. Only thing that really proves is his wife is pretty cool, mine wouldn't have done that she would have pointed and said 'he did it'. Of course, she doesn't read this forum either ??

I don't recall saying he was a bad person. I said he's an inexperienced kid with a bad track record.

I too have several failed companies. Also a couple set up for nothing other than tax purposes. ;)

The failed companies was just a kid starting out in his case. These aren't even a bad part of his resume. Just pointing them out, because on the surface, to someone who can't tell, they create a resume that looks like more then it is. It's called padding, but I'm sure you knew that already. ;)

I do judge him on what came out in the court documents about his time at Trendy & actions after. It's a very good explanation of current behavior.

It didn't paint a guy who's a bad person at all. Just a kid who sometimes gets in over his head and maybe overestimates his intelligence on occasion.

Hmmm... Think I could say that about myself in my youth too actually. 

Archived