The Great Migration

Moozoo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hammond said:

My mistake, it still ain't all day though, i'd sure like to know if i've gotta start packing up everything i own

I understand. But keep in mind most of the developers I work with don't even show up to the office until 10am and usually work well into the evening so it could still be a bit before we see the list.

57 minutes ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

I understand. But keep in mind most of the developers I work with don't even show up to the office until 10am and usually work well into the evening so it could still be a bit before we see the list.

Fair point, to be honest i'm getting to the point where i may just take the save file if my server is one of the ones to go and run it as a dedicated, at least i wouldn't have to deal with the mad scramble for official server space.

13 minutes ago, Hammond said:

Fair point, to be honest i'm getting to the point where i may just take the save file if my server is one of the ones to go and run it as a dedicated, at least i wouldn't have to deal with the mad scramble for official server space.

I would not mind doing that even if they did not wipe my server.

21 minutes ago, Hammond said:

I wanna do the same thing actually, hopefully we can.

11 minutes ago, MJF said:

I would not mind doing that even if they did not wipe my server.

Imagine the possibilities... you could go into everyone's base as an admin and see exactly what they had in each chest for a more targeted raid on official servers. Might be worth the cost of hosting for a month. hmmm.

5 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Imagine the possibilities... you could go into everyone's base as an admin and see exactly what they had in each chest for a more targeted raid on official servers. Might be worth the cost of hosting for a month. hmmm.

My goal we be to preserve the dinosaurs my kids have grown fond of in a place where I could tweak the settings to reduce the work needed to maintain them.

5 minutes ago, MJF said:

My goal we be to preserve the dinosaurs my kids have grown fond of in a place where I could tweak the settings to reduce the work needed to maintain them.

But because of evil people who think the way I do they will likely only release data after a wipe. Now I just need sharks with freakin' lasers on their heads. ;)

8 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

I do agree that a week is not really enough notice. I was hoping for a month as well. We have an average of about 20 to 30, this weekend I saw up to 50 people on at a time. Really no lag issues to speak of. This latest update really fixed a lot of those issues for me. If you have 30 players on at a time I doubt they would consider that a server with near 0 population, though.

As far as forcing people out, they could have done that with a full server wipe. They chose to let you keep your stuff and paid an extra $100,000 per month to keep these legacy servers going. I really doubt they would be spending that kind of money if they were planning on giving the finger to the legacy players in the future.

They said money would be no obstacle as far as servers are concerned, literally said that. So you can't keep repeating that. I don't think they truly understand the consequences of their actions, the Canadian French tribes on our server have now taken to racism and bullying, yes tickets have been raised, no answer as far as I'm aware.

The French don't want new people or anyone who doesn't speak French on the server and have taken to dropping wild dinos in bases or if a players online they will kite titans and gigas. We even saw an attempted wild giga drop but no response from WC.

The migration has already begun, our green ob has now had gates and buildings pop up everywhere with lines of dinos taking up space and lagging the obs access. Our ally and us are now locating drops and building parking lots for the dinos we want to take to rag on console release as we can't get close enough to the ob to load in. Up on blue a guy has parked his Rex in a circle just outside of the load area so you can't upload creatures and downloading dinos makes the stack like a pyramid but unable to move them as the Rex circle prevents them.

5 minutes ago, X111 said:

They said money would be no obstacle as far as servers are concerned, literally said that. So you can't keep repeating that. I don't think they truly understand the consequences of their actions, the Canadian French tribes on our server have now taken to racism and bullying, yes tickets have been raised, no answer as far as I'm aware.

The French don't want new people or anyone who doesn't speak French on the server and have taken to dropping wild dinos in bases or if a players online they will kite titans and gigas. We even saw an attempted wild giga drop but no response from WC.

The migration has already begun, our green ob has now had gates and buildings pop up everywhere with lines of dinos taking up space and lagging the obs access. Our ally and us are now locating drops and building parking lots for the dinos we want to take to rag on console release as we can't get close enough to the ob to load in. Up on blue a guy has parked his Rex in a circle just outside of the load area so you can't upload creatures and downloading dinos makes the stack like a pyramid but unable to move them as the Rex circle prevents them.

In the interview I read money seemed to be the biggest factor. Where did you get your information?

I wonder if any of their allies need to do a boss fight any time soon. ;)

8 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

In the interview I read money seemed to be the biggest factor. Where did you get your information?

I wonder if any of their allies need to do a boss fight any time soon. ;)

I think it is the below vid

the problem with this coalition of tribes is that they have already got the engrams to be able to teleport to other servers and complete the fights there, now all theyre doing is element runs

10 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

But because of evil people who think the way I do they will likely only release data after a wipe. Now I just need sharks with freakin' lasers on their heads. ;)

This is my impression, that data will be made available at the time of or after wipe, I think you'll have the choice of either moving your stuff or waiting, getting it wiped and getting the last save from right before the wipe.

Cant imagine they'll be providing a save file of a server that's still live.

I'm very interested in the save files they will be providing. Will they be available to all? It's a good opportunity to get some of your dinos you've kept for far too long for sentimental reasons onto a local game. Easy job to move dinos you want transferred to local to one of the servers which are going down. Seems a good opportunity for some serious housekeeping to me.

8 minutes ago, Luizza said:

I'm very interested in the save files they will be providing. Will they be available to all? It's a good opportunity to get some of your dinos you've kept for far too long for sentimental reasons onto a local game. Easy job to move dinos you want transferred to local to one of the servers which are going down. Seems a good opportunity for some serious housekeeping to me.

eh?

im sorry I really struggled to understand this one o.O are you saying you'll move the dinos you want to keep to a new server and then wait for data saves for the rest so you can store them on SP or a rentable server?

Archived