EVOLUTION EVENT+++

invincibleqc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted, the last increase did not affect breeding. While I personally don't agree with making it faster (it already is relatively easy to breed hordes) I do agree making it more accessible would be a good move. Wyverns are a far better breeding experience. They require the same amount of dedication for imprint, but that's strictly optional. Simply raising a baby to adulthood can easily be done without interrupting sleep or a day at work/school.

10 minutes ago, GP said:

Conan has nothing to do with it. Why does everyone bring up Conan's console release when it clearly failed on PC.

This is the penultimate weekend before Official release. They probably did it in recognition of the upcoming release.

Whoa, wasnt meant to be an argument. clearly failed on PC? that might be a tiiinnnyyy bit bias review. it didnt do much worse than ark in its first few weeks. nothing wrong with healthy competition, then you say it is "probably" to do with the release, which is understandable, but a "probably" statement and then saying conan has nothing to do with it, isnt a very sound statement.

22 minutes ago, KingDain said:

You think they did the 3x weekend to combat Conan's Release? Or do you think they will make 2x permanent and start doing 3x on weekends? Personally, I would welcome better Rates. Anyone who works 40+ hours cant get poop done untill the weekend hits anyways. WAY too grindy unless your a kid on summer break, or someone who has less than a full time... life.. lol. I was forced to go to dedicated servers (boosted) to feel like my time spent is actually worth it. still cant find one where there is no admin abuse or they "move" maps too often and i lose all my progress.

never any admin abuse on my server . and i got to talk with a bunch of good server owners throughout these forums. sometimes updates will corrupt a save but other than that i don't wipe my map intentionally. however we will be moving to rag when it drops. you just gotta look a bit to find a mature server host.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, KingDain said:

Whoa, wasnt meant to be an argument. clearly failed on PC? that might be a tiiinnnyyy bit bias review. it didnt do much worse than ark in its first few weeks. nothing wrong with healthy competition, then you say it is "probably" to do with the release, which is understandable, but a "probably" statement and then saying conan has nothing to do with it, isnt a very sound statement.

Nah not a biased review at all, I just go by the numbers. http://steamcharts.com/app/440900

That's why it's pretty clear this x3 has nothing to do with Conan. When a game peaks the month it is released then sinks means it's not been successful.

I think perma 2x (4x original) would be a bit too much as 3x rates for gathering are crazy even with best of the best farming dinos and their capacity. Takes too much away imo for official. I think most players are happy with the 2x weekend boosts and occasional 3x stockpile events like we have.. most. I wouldn't be surprised if they raised one other thing up to the 2x standard..guess that announcement is coming with the patch notes 

4 minutes ago, GP said:

Nah not a biased review at all, I just go by the numbers. http://steamcharts.com/app/440900

That's why it's pretty clear this x3 has nothing to do with Conan. When a game peaks the month it is released then sinks means it's not been successful.

People beg for event every week for the last... (I lost count for how many weeks in row people spam threads about the event), and now an evo event means they want to compete with a dead game.

Some people are savage and want to watch the world burn. :Jerbfat:

12 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

i know breeding is end game but doesnt it get boring waiting for alot of eggs all the time or how is it? i heard some people just dedicate their time too watch eggs all day everyday like hows that a fun game, beside getting crazy breeds ofc.. but until that point, its a slow and tedious way?

that's exactly how it is. breeding is a luxury in the game, along with crop growing. they are not 100% necessary to be productive in the game, but the dedication into it pays off. in fact, WC is giving players a huge break by not making realistic breeding times. i'm not sure about you, but i wouldn't want to spend a minimum of 2 months trying to get a baby in a video game. 

10 minutes ago, Demigod said:

that's exactly how it is. breeding is a luxury in the game, along with crop growing. they are not 100% necessary to be productive in the game, but the dedication into it pays off. in fact, WC is giving players a huge break by not making realistic breeding times. i'm not sure about you, but i wouldn't want to spend a minimum of 2 months trying to get a baby in a video game. 

No they are necessary and it is not a luxury good luck doing a boss with tames. It is a part of the game something also that keeps the community alive. 

If they would make it realistic the game would not last long after release atleast the offical servers, maybe only singleplayer and no tame servers.

And totaly agree on the last part and that would be probably a game killer.

1 minute ago, Avaraxius said:

No they are necessary and it is not a luxury good luck doing a boss with tames. It is a part of the game something also that keeps the community alive. 

If they would make it realistic the game would not last long after release atleast the offical servers, maybe only singleplayer and no tame servers.

And totaly agree on the last part and that would be probably a game killer.

Noone said you have to do all bosses and noone ever said that all your tames have to survive. It is luxury to roll through bosses without losing the 19 Rexes you take with you.

You can do easy bosses with only tamed and levelled Rexes that die and you just tame new ones for the next fight. The ability to keep your dinos because you spent so much time into breeding them is a luxury.

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

People beg for event every week for the last... (I lost count for how many weeks in row people spam threads about the event), and now an evo event means they want to compete with a dead game.

Some people are savage and want to watch the world burn. :Jerbfat:

This weekend was a 3x event, higher than their normal 2x the same week conan came out. easy to follow a little logic there. Calm down.

1 hour ago, GP said:

looking at steam charts BOTH games has lost 12% avg players last month and 13% the previous month. numbers are obviously on arks side, but percentage of loss is the same. Ark is doing better, no arguing that, but it has had more time also. An entire year of extra time. IF conan last the test of time, in a year i see a much better game.

Just now, KingDain said:

This weekend was a 3x event, higher than their normal 2x the same week conan came out. easy to follow a little logic there. Calm down.

looking at steam charts BOTH games has lost 12% avg players last month and 13% the previous month. numbers are obviously on arks side, but percentage of loss is the same. Ark is doing better, no arguing that, but it has had more time also. An entire year of extra time. IF conan last the test of time, in a year i see a much better game.

If you look at ARKs playerbase, it had more or less a constant 30-40K. From its release. All the time. While Conan has, well, you see that. But let's not offtopic it further. My post was meant as a cynical joke.

23 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Noone said you have to do all bosses and noone ever said that all your tames have to survive. It is luxury to roll through bosses without losing the 19 Rexes you take with you.

You can do easy bosses with only tamed and levelled Rexes that die and you just tame new ones for the next fight. The ability to keep your dinos because you spent so much time into breeding them is a luxury.

you can do "easy" bosses with tames. not all tek engrams are given at easy level.  Breeding is necesarry to compete in PvP. a bred/imprinted dino will beat a tamed dino of the same lvl every single time. that is a necessarry advantage imo. especially when you bring tek engrams into it

Just now, KingDain said:

you can do "easy" bosses with tames. not all tek engrams are given at easy level.  Breeding is necesarry to compete in PvP. a bred/imprinted dino will beat a tamed dino of the same lvl every single time. that is a necessarry advantage imo. especially when you bring tek engrams into it

Do you have to have all bosses and all Tekgrams? Do you have to play PvP? I would say the objective answer is no. It is optional and up to anyone himself if he does that. But it doesn't make it objectively an actual requirement to play the game.

I never doubted that an imprinted dino of the same level will beat a non-imprinted. That's obvious.

Archived