When wildcard said the weren’t going to delay the full release of ark

BurntFlameZ

Literally look at the state of the game post and they said they would not delay the full game release and here we are with them say haha psych you fell for it and Xbox players have been waiting so long for rag and what does wildcard do delay it again literally I know wild card doesn’t care about me I already bought ark and the scorched earth but man I hope no one else buys the game don’t get me wrong games great but wildcard is horrible as anything but a name literally rag dlc has been out since June it’ll be may of 2045 when it gets released on console

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jaedric said:

Punctuation is your friend.

Also, they are delaying release by 3 weeks so they can work out some final kinks. Take a deep breath and simmer down. It'll be ok.

It’s been almost 2 months since it got released on Xbox and wildcard just poops on console players every time they never release anything on time for console these but by the time it gets release if by some miracle it does it will have been 3 months and I’m betting you play on PCs So you’ve had this poop

Why do console players want ragnarok so soon? It doesn't even play right on PC right now.

I can't even imagine the amount of salt there would on these forums if they were to release Ragnarok on console right now.

It took me 3 attempts last week to refresh my timers just because the servers keep rolling back to before I log on.

You do know that the delay is happening because Sony didn't certify the PS4 version of the game in time to make all the versions get released at the same time right?

It's frustrating to have to deal with delays, but can't you look at the positives in this? You get 3 more weeks of WC not only bug fixing some more but also 3 more weeks for the rag team to develop more of the map. So instead of getting the buggy, half-done map now, you get probably MORE of the map AND a much better running version to boot cause they took a little more time to fix it up.

If you REALLY loved this game, you'd have some patience and understanding that a game dev team as tiny as WC, with a game as popular and HUGE as ARK kinda needs some slack since they don't have the manpower to do it as quickly as you want. All your original post did OP is to make it seem like you are just impatient and that you want things NOW, and if you don't' get it, you'll spout hate about them under the claims that they 'don't care' because they delayed it...which is a very childish mindset to have.

Lemme quote you something that Jat said in a much larger thread with generally the same complaint (a console player who was fed up with waiting and blaming WC as an incompetent company because thy can't keep their game fixed on a specific subject). Firstly, he was trying to explain to someone why the delay happened and why PS4 cert delayed them.

" It comes down to contracts with retailers, other companies can probably get away with agreeing to terms which are more favourable to them but when you're an indie/small studio shipping your first game on retail, you don't have the same sort of presence in the room as a company such as GTA. "

Then when the person continued to complain about a more specific problem (dedicated server hosting on Xbox), Jat said this.

" I certainly understand your frustrations, the current issue with Player Dedicated servers make it one of the most frustrating bugs we're dealing with, not only because the solution isn't easily remediable, but also because of the fact it renders Player Dedi servers for the most part unusable for the player base. As for when it'll get fixed, I cannot say, we don't have a magic wand we can just tap to resolve an issue. It's being worked on, and when I know a patch is going out for certification, I will let you know as mentioned in that thread until you see that post, assume the updates are the same, that it is something we're dealing with and will fix (we are not going to stop supporting player dedicated servers), but the patch will not be available tomorrow or soon-after until it has been confirmed fixed and entered cert, which will be communicated."

So read that and tell me that that doesn't sound like someone who cares about their game, their community, and how the game functions. Just because he didn't say all this to you specifically doesn't mean he nay holds the same concerns for everyone else's issue with their game. So sit back, relax, and try to have a more open-mind for the company that took 2 years and counting out of their LIVES to make you a game that you've admitted you like...otherwise, silence your mouth and quietly wait. you'll get your Rag map, since now Aug. 29th is the ACTUAL release date and with every version ready now, I don't see that delaying for any reason now.

6 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Why do console players want ragnarok so soon? It doesn't even play right on PC right now.

I can't even imagine the amount of salt there would on these forums if they were to release Ragnarok on console right now.

It took me 3 attempts last week to refresh my timers just because the servers keep rolling back to before I log on.

if they released it right now i still couldn't play it . i run a xbox dedi and its been broke a month now :(

9 hours ago, Jaedric said:

Also, they are delaying release by 3 weeks so they can work out some final kinks. Take a deep breath and simmer down. It'll be ok.

I like your mindset, but theres far more than a few kinks in this game. I'm not saying you're wrong, but they do need to be fixing a lot of problems. 

9 hours ago, BurntFlameZ said:

It’s been almost 2 months since it got released on Xbox and wildcard just poops on console players every time they never release anything on time for console these but by the time it gets release if by some miracle it does it will have been 3 months and I’m betting you play on PCs So you’ve had this poop

Ark isnt fully release on console yet, what are you on about ? its being delayed again until end of August...

1 hour ago, Bigdaddy99 said:

Sony didn't certify it, because there wasn't anything to certify....they didn't get it until after the ps4 update....

https://arkdevtracker.com/?post=alynqpwb

There's my proof that it was the PS4 cert PROCESS that delayed it and not because they didn't have something to give them...

Now where's your proof to prove me wrong?

13 minutes ago, Ulta said:

https://arkdevtracker.com/?post=alynqpwb

There's my proof that it was the PS4 cert PROCESS that delayed it and not because they didn't have something to give them...

Now where's your proof to prove me wrong?

That was after the update....to launch a game, you have to get gold certification 2 weeks prior to launch...wildcard ignored the ps4 for a month, thinking the xbox code would port, it didn't....so, the cert disc was turned in when the update was finished, not leaving enough time....the pc and xbox discs were turned in with exactly 2 weeks until the 8th, barely making it....this is all wc, it's what happens when you don't internally develop for one of the platforms, in this case it's the ps4, Abstraction ports it to ps4....

19 minutes ago, Bigdaddy99 said:

That was after the update....to launch a game, you have to get gold certification 2 weeks prior to launch...wildcard ignored the ps4 for a month, thinking the xbox code would port, it didn't....so, the cert disc was turned in when the update was finished, not leaving enough time....the pc and xbox discs were turned in with exactly 2 weeks until the 8th, barely making it....this is all wc, it's what happens when you don't internally develop for one of the platforms, in this case it's the ps4, Abstraction ports it to ps4....

Okay then, where is the source of this information? Link it.

10 hours ago, Jaedric said:

That's another 3 weeks my dedicated server is screwed because they would rather wait then fix the dedicated server crashes on xbox, so far I've had to wipe my server 6 times in the last month because after the game crashes on the island it crashes on volcano entrance and the center is crashes at underworld_near or something like that.

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, Deadman said:

I mean if WC actually met a deadline it would be the first time lol. Delaying is their game, never believe the first date they give you on anything. Usually the 4th or 5th date is the accurate one.

They've met several deadlines for both PC and console. Don't know why people act like they haven't, I guess it's easier that way.

To be fair, I can see the game when released being a totally different game from what it is now.  Why would they risk the wrath of the impatient petulant community by pushing it back a further 3 week unless they wanted to get out a massive batch of fixes and updates ready for a day one patch?  Not to mention the backlash they would get from MS and Sony if the game wasn't fixed to a working standard upon release.

I'm just hoping for S+ addition to the base game on release. Or at least allowed for dedi/SP play

7 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

They never met any deadlines show me the proof there useless at meeting deadlines any other job that team would of been sacked a long time ago

Good job they aren't in any other job then and can do as they wish as its their company rite?  So what if they don't hit all their deadlines? Can you not wait an extra week or few days? Ark is not life.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

They never met any deadlines show me the proof there useless at meeting deadlines any other job that team would of been sacked a long time ago

They've definitely met 1 ETA on PC and 1 ETA on console. It's not possible to provide evidence. But just because you didn't see it when it happened, or you refuse to believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen. But you keep saying what you want to believe, doesn't matter anyway because those that know the truth know it.

I personally dont mind the delay. Dont get me wrong, as with everyone, i'd rather have it sooner, but I would rather have it later and working.

I think for the size of wildcard and the popularity of the game, they are doing a great job. EA or similar have problems with bugs and crashing etc on most of their games and they are much bigger.

Archived