Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FredFlinstoner said:

To be clear, we won't be wiping Official Servers at launch. New Servers'll be added. We appreciate the time everyone's spent on their ARKS!

Sounds pretty clear and firm to me.

People are going to say that's a year old and could have changed, but thanks for including the reference!

Here's the link to the exact tweet if anyone is interested: https://mobile.twitter.com/arkjeremy/status/746297737675628544

I couldn't get there from @FredFlinstoner's link, but maybe doing something wrong.

7 minutes ago, Direwolfdave said:

im curious when ark survival releases on xb1 will u wipe all official servers and all players lvls

Many players have been bombarding Devs with this question since full release announcement. Lets just hope they give us a definite answer soon. The last statement made from devs was something along the lines of 'they aren't sure what they will do.'

On 5.2.2017 at 10:47 AM, Jostabeere said:

We do not know how they will decide in the future. Right now it seems they will not wipe everything. Because wiping everyone will make many people stop playing it because they have built-up so much in years.

and that is good? lol, refresh the game so everyone gets equal footing on the maps.. the experienced players will succeed anyways so who cares.. let people suffer the dominance :)

11 minutes ago, StoneyDiagram2008 said:

Many players have been bombarding Devs with this question since full release announcement. Lets just hope they give us a definite answer soon. The last statement made from devs was something along the lines of 'they aren't sure what they will do.'

nah it was like , " we arent going too reset" 

no (zero) chance they're going to wipe servers.. it would be the end of ark and here's why- games been out for a while now and has a very strong core of dedicated players that promote it (get other people to play, advertise for free). So let me ask everyone reading a question... what happens to anything once it's  core player base is alienated enough to uninstall? Everyone who plays everyday knows eachother on each platform .. there's not seven degrees of separation here it's much much lower and even losing 30% of the player base would realistically be more like 70% because these are the people in the forums here.... on social media.. the vets with 2000 hours on a single server who newer tribes want to be. 

42 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

no (zero) chance they're going to wipe servers.. it would be the end of ark and here's why- games been out for a while now and has a very strong core of dedicated players that promote it (get other people to play, advertise for free). So let me ask everyone reading a question... what happens to anything once it's  core player base is alienated enough to uninstall? Everyone who plays everyday knows eachother on each platform .. there's not seven degrees of separation here it's much much lower and even losing 30% of the player base would realistically be more like 70% because these are the people in the forums here.... on social media.. the vets with 2000 hours on a single server who newer tribes want to be. 

All of those "dedicated" players also signed upto the game under the direct warning that it is an early access game and changes/loss of play time and work could/will be lost. The fact it's in early access itself demands a wipe on full release. Anybody that doesn't see that is either too scared or ignorant. 

Every game I have ever played that was early acces or beta testing reset once it was brought to full release. It realistically is the only viable option business wise. Yes you could release new servers, but unless you cut off transfers the "mega" tribes will just take over in no time, and if you cut off transfers to new servers the older players (us) will complain that we don't have access to the new fresh and lag free servers. 

You could set up servers that require a paid subscription, but I would hazard a guess they would mostly be empty, and EA players would complain because we was told we would get full access to the game after release.  Also could you imagine the salt and tears from tribes that got wiped on subscription servers!? They would be demanding rollbacks because they lost their base and dinos on a server they paid to play on xD

A wipe wouldn't harm the community it would better it, so bite the bullet WC and just confirm a wipe will come and let it be dealt with. 

Further: reduce the amount of servers by at least 1/2 as I said above and the community will be forced to play on servers together again. It will stop alphas from dominating as they will be too scared of failing and having less servers to fall back on. These days people just look for the least populated server and everybody is spread so thin across the game it's harming the community that was once amazing. 

8 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

All of those "dedicated" players also signed upto the game under the direct warning that it is an early access game and changes/loss of play time and work could/will be lost. The fact it's in early access itself demands a wipe on full release. Anybody that doesn't see that is either too scared or ignorant. 

Every game I have ever played that was early acces or beta testing reset once it was brought to full release. It realistically is the only viable option business wise. Yes you could release new servers, but unless you cut off transfers the "mega" tribes will just take over in no time, and if you cut off transfers to new servers the older players (us) will complain that we don't have access to the new fresh and lag free servers. 

You could set up servers that require a paid subscription, but I would hazard a guess they would mostly be empty, and EA players would complain because we was told we would get full access to the game after release.  Also could you imagine the salt and tears from tribes that got wiped on subscription servers!? They would be demanding rollbacks because they lost their base and dinos on a server they paid to play on xD

A wipe wouldn't harm the community it would better it, so bite the bullet WC and just confirm a wipe will come and let it be dealt with. 

Further: reduce the amount of servers by at least 1/2 as I said above and the community will be forced to play on servers together again. It will stop alphas from dominating as they will be too scared of failing and having less servers to fall back on. These days people just look for the least populated server and everybody is spread so thin across the game it's harming the community that was once amazing. 

They already said they weren't going to wipe I don't care if it was a year ago. And mega tribes would still be mega tribes. Wont take long for hundreds of people to rebuild/breed but the solo/small tribes it would take a lot longer.

53 minutes ago, FredFlinstoner said:

They already said they weren't going to wipe I don't care if it was a year ago. And mega tribes would still be mega tribes. Wont take long for hundreds of people to rebuild/breed but the solo/small tribes it would take a lot longer. [\b] 

So why are all these people against wipes? If it's not going to take long to rebuild then what's the issue.  People talk about 1000 hours of work but in reality how long would it take someone to replicate their base on average. (Excluding the bigger bases and the smaller bases) a week maybe? I know my base we would be able to replicate in a week if we are completely focused on that and not sausagein around making C4 and things like that. The only thing that would suck to get back is tek stuff really. 

55 minutes ago, FredFlinstoner said:

They already said they weren't going to wipe I don't care if it was a year ago. And mega tribes would still be mega tribes. Wont take long for hundreds of people to rebuild/breed but the solo/small tribes it would take a lot longer.

And they've also said they're contemplating it, then they said there would be no wipe and now they're saying (now = more recent than a year ago) that it's a possibility again. With one Dev actually going so far as to say it will be put to a vote before release and he is already voting for the wipe. 

I don't agree with you on that tho. Most "mega" tribes got to where they are using glitches and dupes. Most of which have been removed from the game or will be before release. Entire servers wiped due to tribes duping none stop dinos and weapons, or using glitches to take them out. Without being able to do those half of those tribes would quit or just be pathetic when faced with enemies at the same level. 

I'll still play no matter what they do but when pr or a community leader says something it should be final. And yes mega tribes will still be there. 1000hrs to one person is 1000hrs but for a hundred people that's 10hrs a piece. So it hurts the small tribes more. And no matter what they do the noobs are going to get left in the dust. I really don't want to lose my bloodlines I have going could care less about stuctures/items.

There will be no wipe or at least there shouldn't be. Once it was stated there wouldn't be a wipe from one on the Development team you don't change that later. Most of us with 1000's of hours in would have stopped and waited for the released to dedicate out time to it. As it is losing a year and a half of my gaming time would seal the deal for me I wouldn't be back nor would I be brining in new players like I have been (telling them there wouldn't be a wipe - showing them the released statement) I bet like someone stated previously this loss of the base players would seriously hurt the games reputation. But who knows what they will end up doing they might make more knee jerk reactions and do...

1 hour ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and I was one who first suggested sub fees for all official server access.. yes the free ones we play on now. And no server wipes aren't good for anyone new or old players and it doesn't matter what you think because the people who made ark understand this already and it will never happen. Don't believe me just look at the fallout when Xbox official got a 2 day rollback.. just two days to fix a dupe glitch (props to WC). Imagine year plus of work gone just because a few kids on summer break from college or school will buy the game off the GameStop shelf..

7 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and I was one who first suggested sub fees for all official server access.. yes the free ones we play on now. And no server wipes aren't good for anyone new or old players and it doesn't matter what you think because the people who made ark understand this already and it will never happen. Don't believe me just look at the fallout when Xbox official got a 2 day rollback.. just two days to fix a dupe glitch (props to WC). Imagine year plus of work gone just because a few kids on summer break from college or school will buy the game off the GameStop shelf..

Doesn't distract from the fact it's still an early acces game and by rights should be wiped when released. No game from early access that's multiplayer has kept things as is when completed. Hell I've even had my stuff reset on single player ea games when released lol.

Also I know scores of people that are waiting for the game to be completed before buying it. If no wipe occurs then where are they going to fit in? On an already over crowded server of derelict bases or insane pillar spawns? Or be constantly wiped by bob at level 100? 

Maybe it won't happen but the only logical solution would be to wipe all, reduce servers and cluster into groups where transfers aren't allowed to other clusters. The game would be much better and most problems vanished. 

4 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Doesn't distract from the fact it's still an early acces game and by rights should be wiped when released. No game from early access that's multiplayer has kept things as is when completed. Hell I've even had my stuff reset on single player ea games when released lol.

Also I know scores of people that are waiting for the game to be completed before buying it. If no wipe occurs then where are they going to fit in? On an already over crowded server of derelict bases or insane pillar spawns? Or be constantly wiped by bob at level 100? 

Maybe it won't happen but the only logical solution would be to wipe all, reduce servers and cluster into groups where transfers aren't allowed to other clusters. The game would be much better and most problems vanished. 

I like your suggestions but instead of wiping they will probably just release a few new servers for each map and possibly put a "recommended" by them (transfer disabled) That along with speculation of existing players leaving their current map for the new one(s) should be enough to accommodate the influx of new players imo without restricting current player base 

5 hours ago, Meowsaurus said:

Things doesn't change. The question however, is. "Do we mean what we're saying? Or do we say what is needed to say, to keep business going?".
If they don't stand for what they've said, sadly there's no way to ever trust them again with whatever they do say in the future.

Uh? Never mind. Things do change dude. Especially if you are talking about what they said over a year ago. That was when it was definitely in alpha/early access. The one thing they have said more than ANYTHING, is that everything is subject to change. I could get where you are coming from on an already released game but this is different.

i am in no way trying to say anything bad to you but they didn't say that to keep business going back then. They actually thought it. But to say that you can't trust them after a whole year has passed isn't cool.

they gave you an awesome game and stayed true to as much as they could. If you have a problem with them changing something in early access then I don't know what to say

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived