Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

3 hours ago, McTayTay said:

So, you think all servers should get wiped just because a few bigger tribes dupe? Yeah sounds about right. Screw the people that have 100+ hours on the game and forget those that started out brand new on pvp servers and managed to get bigger over time without getting harassed by alpha tribes. As long as you get what YOU want and not what somebody else wants, after all this has ONLY been an issue since first release. Don't like how official servers are? Go to dedicated, it's an option for a reason.

Still sounds like you are thinking about yourself there. Yeah my main reason for the wipe is for new players. They should get the same chance we got in the beginning. I don't think about myself. I do think about other people. Maybe practice what you preach.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Still sounds like you are thinking about yourself there. Yeah my main reason for the wipe is for new players. They should get the same chance we got in the beginning. I don't think about myself. I do think about other people. Maybe practice what you preach.

I can recall playing this back in 2015. In my opinion even though the game had 60% less dinos and no Tek Tier or even stone tier the game was just much more fun. The wild dinos level cap was 30 which made things interesting. There was no Quetzal or Giga so the dinos felt a bit better balanced and air power hadn't yet truly arrived. There was no alliances and big tribes everywhere. PVP back then was great fun, probably the best this game has ever had.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, OGCookies said:

People tend to take the word final as you know..... final 1 year didn't change the definition of the word

1 year may not have changed the definition of final, but 1 year may have changed their stance on wipes.

You're all too hung up on the word "final" and too eager to claim Wildcard are liars. It's like kindergarten around here sometimes.

3 hours ago, WindsweptDragon said:

Apologists are everywhere and you cant win, if the devs say they will support the game once its released and you look for some kind of confirmation or guarantee of that they will complain your harassing them for info they have already released and confirmed, yet if you accept them at their word and they do a total 180 then thats just supposed to be accepted because you didnt get it triple confirmed with a cherry on top and anyway they had their fingers crossed behind their back the whole time. 

Welcome to business, and politics for that matter. From the lowly salesman up to the CEO. From the city council all the way up to the president.

it is naive(not being offenseive) to just automatically think because someone says something that it won't change no matter what. I mean come on guys.

2 hours ago, Sphere said:

The only thing I think we can all agree upon is, world war 3, so humans can be wiped. No people, no problems. :)

My point is, cheating is going to happen, unless there are no people.

Humans are the only species that could completely die off and not only would the world survive but it would flourish. We are a virus. We think we are above the rest of the animals because we can think and reasons, which is the exact reason we are lower than they are. Entitlement, greed, hate. Perfect examples we have already seen.

no I am not joking.

12 hours ago, DeningWei said:

Even better for business is keeping the playerbase for when more DLC comes on sale.  Trust me they will lose close to half if there is a wipe because they can't be bothered starting again.

Sure you can say positive things about starting again and how people "shouldn't be selfish" and rebuild but the reality is a large part of the reason people keep playing instead of focusing on all the other great games out there just because of what they already have.  After a wipe suddenly they have nothing, no responsibility or attachement to the game and are free to explore the rest of their steam library.

Thats bad for business for WC.

Also did you find me any servers yet that have no space to build or what?

did you even bother to read my reply 2 pages ago?  BTW, PVE server!

11 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

I can recall playing this back in 2015. In my opinion even though the game had 60% less dinos and no Tek Tier or even stone tier the game was just much more fun. The wild dinos level cap was 30 which made things interesting. There was no Quetzal or Giga so the dinos felt a bit better balanced and air power hadn't yet truly arrived. There was no alliances and big tribes everywhere. PVP back then was great fun, probably the best this game has ever had.

Yes this. Even though i stick up for WC all the time I still think their biggest mistake was putting in way too much content. There just didn't need to be that much and the game was doing fine and probably even better back then. Just because I stick up for them doesn't mean I don't think they dropped the ball a few times. Another big mistake was cross ark, that is actually the cause of the duping in the first place.

22 minutes ago, GP said:

1 year may not have changed the definition of final, but 1 year may have changed their stance on wipes.

You're all too hung up on the word "final" and too eager to claim Wildcard are liars. It's like kindergarten around here sometimes.

In the adult world your word means something kiddo sorry if some people expect that from the head of a multi million dollar company and have a hard time just sweeping it under the rug, guess Donald's trumps lies should all be forgotten about and just "let go" because "things change" take a break from the virtual world and realize in the real world people should take responsibility and when they don't people get i upset only thing kindergarten around here is the professionalism displayed here

11 minutes ago, myksta0121 said:

my biggest gripe about this server wipe malarkey is the fact that Wildcard have waited until now to bring a server wipe into a possibility. Stop leaving all those tribes on tenterhooks and make a decision so I know if I can continue playing ark of if I can free up 40gb on my xbox!

In there defense: Maybe they did not reach a verdict yet. Still they could tell us honestly what options they are considering.

Wipe, yes or now? Only PvP? Only PC?

It would be nice at least to know what is on the table.

I think server wipe needs to be done, there is so many reasons for that. I know a lots of people will not going share my opinion but i am hoping they will get something in place.

If you think, 2 years of test, how many bugs and issues we had with the game. People been using them because Wildcard doesnt know about it or to the get them bugs fixed took some time .

Also, I think leveling up is far too quick, there is no use for stone and wood building anymore. With using explorer notes you can be level 70 in a few hours, i think thats far to fast, you dont use a lots of dino anymore while you are on lvl 70 so quick.

55 minutes ago, GP said:

I can't message you guys so I have to ask, is there a reason my thread got taken off? I didn't break the rules and there isn't an active cross ark thread going. I get it if you didn't like it but a reason would be appreciated.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, FredFlinstoner said:

If they do a wipe on release it will be all platforms and nobody knows what they decided on at this point.

That might actually depend on the reason for a wipe. Afterall PS4 haven't had the game anywhere near as long as PC or Xbox, therefore depending on the reason for a wipe they might not consider it necessary for PS4. This is just an example to think about, I don't have any actual insight.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I can't message you guys so I have to ask, is there a reason my thread got taken off? I didn't break the rules and there isn't an active cross ark thread going. I get it if you didn't like it but a reason would be appreciated.

I have no idea what you are talking about, however, if you have any questions about Moderator actions on the forum please submit a ticket: https://support.survivetheark.com/

Don't take threads off-topic with such questions.

3 minutes ago, Dhalia said:

Yeah it gets frustrating that your time is "wasted" but is it really if you enjoyed the game? 

No, the time was not wasted. But people might feel like wasting there time when they have do start over again. 

I would at least. Some people might not feel that way. I think it comes down to individual preference and what part of the game people did experience so fare.

Everybody will have to make an individual choice. Hard to say how much people will quit. But in 5 weeks we might find out.

1 hour ago, Wedge84 said:

No, the time was not wasted. But people might feel like wasting there time when they have do start over again. 

I would at least. Some people might not feel that way. I think it comes down to individual preference and what part of the game people did experience so fare.

Everybody will have to make an individual choice. Hard to say how much people will quit. But in 5 weeks we might find out.

I do agree with you to an extent but even though people have a right to feel certain ways, time played is time played. Once you bring in the illusion that you keep to keep stuff forever that's when personal feelings comes in. Its is just a good thing that feelings opinions and not fact. Nobody in this game has wasted their time regardless. Everybody go theirmo yes worth.

21 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

If they do wipe instead of figuring out an alternative for both sides of the argument I feel bad for the majority of the player base who doesn't even use forums or know this conversation is going on

Oh believe me I guarantee everybody on every server is talking about it. I went on to tell my tribe about the wipe and they already knew about it. None of them use the forums. Word of mouth is the fastest way information flows

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived