Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.

Sphere

4 minutes ago, usrevenge said:

and people thought the flier nerf was bad...  this is the dumbest thing ever.

ok, so you shouldn't be able to mind wipe and reset stats multiple times (first off, who does that? it takes way to long to put points in and intelligently pick engrams multiple times a day)

The easy solution to this is a cooldown as others have suggested.  how does this not come up in any sort of brainstorm session?

like it seems the devs reasoning is this.

"problem- mind wipes are too useful so we need to nerf them somehow"

"literally first answer anyone thinks of- lets make them only usable 1 time per level"

" devs- BRILLIANT THEN NO ONE WILL USE THEM EXCEPT MAYBE 1 TIME!"

Multiple people in this very thread have admitted to using it nearly constantly, while others only do so every time they get into a different project (once a day). These are the folks that have made the development team realize they can't leave it with a simple "do it whenever you like" and still have anything remotely like a meaningful skill system.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ranger1presents said:

Multiple people in this very thread have admitted to using it nearly constantly, while others only do so every time they get into a different project (once a day).

yes because the majority of people visit the forums

and yes, because making an object in game nearly useless is EXACTLY the solution to a non-existent problem. I've never used a mind wipe and this is the most retarded thing i've seen the devs propose including flier nerf 1.0

4 minutes ago, usrevenge said:

and yes, because making an object in game nearly useless is EXACTLY the solution to a non-existent problem. I've never used a mind wipe and this is the most retarded thing i've seen the devs propose including flier nerf 1.0

Which means there are far more people abusing (to use the term loosely) than are apparent even in this thread.  You just reinforced my point my friend.

How is being able to reallocate your skills and attributes at LEAST 100 times "useless" again?  "Cause I'm not seeing it.

6 minutes ago, usrevenge said:

It is either or not both. So what is it the flyer nerf or the mind wipe nerf?

3 minutes ago, Homith said:

The Lesser Antidote is pretty important too if you get swamp fever - Maybe this should be limited to once per level too :)

Good idea - and while doing it, they should remove the endless consumption of all these berries, cooked meat and other forms of food: people using it way too often, dont they?! :)

8 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Which means there are far more people abusing (to use the term loosely) than are apparent even in this thread.  You just reinforced my point my friend.

How is being able to reallocate your skills and attributes at LEAST 100 times "useless" again?  "Cause I'm not seeing it.

Why do you think an 11 millions subscribers MMO went from pain to allowing players to have a) multiple talent trees/specs, b) having a very little penalty of changing it ?

1 minute ago, Homith said:

Yes you have to be careful of those berries, they keep you --- alive :) ...Na we don't need them

3 minutes ago, Akatsuki said:

Good idea - and while doing it, they should remove the endless consumption of all these berries, cooked meat and other forms of food: people using it way too often, dont they?! :)

Sure let's get rid of them. Seems like you don't eat poop enough so we should leave that in the game for you.

9 hours ago, GP said:

Deciding on your level up should require thinking and consideration, its about strategy. Doing mind wipe 10 times a day to make your tasks easier is another very good reason for this change.

I have no choice. I play pretty much by myself. Dependant on what I'm doing, my Stats and skills have to change. I now can't do that. I already need to mindwipe after testing the crafting skill, which is, by the way, absolute trash. It's not a guaranteed increase, it's a chance, so you can ramp it to 500% as I did and craft a journeyman rifle for example that carries a 4% damage increase over what the BP states, as I did, so, I've already had to use my mindwipe (This will teach me to read patch notes all the way through first). 

1 minute ago, VertigoJones said:

I have no choice. I play pretty much by myself. Dependant on what I'm doing, my Stats and skills have to change. I now can't do that. I already need to mindwipe after testing the crafting skill, which is, by the way, absolute trash. It's not a guaranteed increase, it's a chance, so you can ramp it to 500% as I did and craft a journeyman rifle for example that carries a 4% damage increase over what the BP states, as I did, so, I've already had to use my mindwipe (This will teach me to read patch notes all the way through first). 

Yeah it is very important to read everything first. Kind of like signing a contract or reading the directions before you put something together. It helps alot

2 minutes ago, VertigoJones said:

2 rules to live by:

1:  Never get out of the boat.

2:  Always read all of the patch notes.

:D

Something else to consider, when everyone can respec their character from the ground up to do anything and everything in game to perfection... what value are you to a tribe?  Other than being another meat shield of course.

Your skills and stats should have some value... even if someone else can rival you in your chosen area the next time (out of 100+ times) they level up.

For the most part the only people that will be negatively affected will be those that min/max their characters constantly and have come to depend on being able to focus every fiber of their being into whatever they are doing at the moment.  Their choices literally have zero consequence beyond their present task.

It's not hard to see why WC, for official game play at least, do not want this to be the case.  For everyone else there will be a mod that gets around this within the week, if that long.

6 minutes ago, VertigoJones said:

Jeremy Stieglitz @arkjeremy Jun 17

So many bug fixes and so many improvements, ready to roll out this coming week! Are you ready for the new crafting skill system?!

:ph34r: < @Jeremy Stieglitz today...lol

3 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

It's like they want people to suffer who play this game. What's wrong with a solo player wanting to unlock the majority of engrams without being forced into a selected role as they reach their maximum level? Ridiculous.

Because after 100+ redo's they should probably know what they want to be when they grow up.

5 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

I don't wanna have to go hunting for blueprints at caves people are already raiding every 20 mins.

Of course not, it's much easier to go "slurp" and be able to do anything and everything you want with 100 percent of your stats/skills focused on that particular task.

And of course you need to be able to change that all around completely from moment to moment.

That's the recipe for a great game if ever I heard one.  Very challenging I hear.

2 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

What I was is irrelevant, but since you insist on discussing it:  I just want to be able to craft the things I want without having to make a new character 4 months down the line because my base got destroyed by a giga and I don't have the engram to replace something that was destroyed. I don't see how that is "everything."

well, you don't want to collect bps

I'm assuming you already mindwiped, and didn't think you needed your indy forge engram anymore, and happen to be level 100 now

but you can still trade for an item, or bp

don't need to create a new character, you have options

8 hours ago, BobRoss said:

The masses always cry when something is taken away from them, even more so if it could be considered OP or broken. Look at the flyer nerf.

I know people have been playing for 2 years, I've been here since day 1, I've seen every possible change there is to see. But you seem to forget we have been in EA the last 2 years. Things were gonna change, but after we exit EA, do you seriously think we will keep seeing these big changes as frequently as we have seen them the last couple months? Its going to be alot of big changes now until release but afterwards the game is going to stay the same. Except when an expansion comes. 

Serious Question: you are born after 1990, right? if not... shame on you. Another option: you are Hardcore Trolling.

I read a lot of stupid things in discussions on forum before, things that make me shake my head. things i would like to as the person "you are kidding me" or "seriously" if he/she was standing before me in personal.
Now, at least here in this discussion,i do this everytime i read BobRoss.

Not to mention the unprofessional and cheap flyer nerf mistake, here comes another one.

Got level 115? Congrats, you are screwed!

- clicked on the wrong stat while leveling up? - You are screwed!

- you learned all saddles. meanwhile you found BPs for all of them and now you want to build that "fill in any item". Sorry... not enough Engram points left! - You are screwed!

- putting that new mod on your server with that nice deco things to build? can't do that. no Enough engram Points! - You are screwed!

- something changes in this game and you realize a bit more of stat x and a bit less of stat y would be better with the new setting? - You are screwed!

Could go on for pages with those examples. now... think again if this change is so "wise" or "intelligent".

One mindwipe per level during level up phase? that's ok.
One mindwipe at level 115? stupid as hell.

Let Mindwipe work like before. On lvl115 (heck, you did alpha ascension) it doesn't matter if you mindwipe all 5 minutes. Implying mindwiping "all 5 minutes" would have mattered before the last patch, which it did not.

Archived