Need more ragnarok servers

Victor117

Hi everyone!

Me and my mates just wanned to join a Ragnarok EU server just to find out that ALL OF THOSE SERVERS ARE ALREADY FULL! o.O9_9

Would you please be so kind and give every player the same chance to play on the new map? I am talking about full as capped. Not full as build on everywhere..

You cant be serious with adding a hand full of new servers. How many new ones did you ad with SE? Just add 20% to that and bring them up.. Not like its difficult to estimate the response to a new map.. absoultly unprofessional!

20170613200507_1.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please WC more pvp especial OC like come on 1 server there are like 3 mega tribes in that region how on earth is a small tribe from that part of the world going to get a chance to play on the new servers... And while your at it maybe do a sneaky piller wipe on PVE lol and give them a server or 2 it would be awesome if there was 60+ pvp server 10 OC 25 EU 25 US plz WC 

3 hours ago, NONE said:

I'd rather not, but my point remains, you're as free to play on a new server as anybody else, you just can't expect your niche server type to get as much attention as the more popular server types.  And sorry to be rude, but the analogy is fitting. You can still have a lot of fun with training wheels.

More popular servers? We have 4 the island servers, 3 of them are on the top 100 most popular servers, the 4th being on the top 200. When the servers launched, at peak hours nobody could login and that went on for a lot of time...now the population has settled like in the rest of the ark but we easily get 40 people on at EU peak times. These are popular servers...and maybe a training wheel is also raiding offline people, don't you think that's actually easier? :P

Anyway that doesn't matter, our servers are very popular and that's a fact. If more people knew they existed, more people would play on them. If the devs cared and addressed some issues, even more...this is data talking.

3 hours ago, NONE said:

I'd rather not, but my point remains, you're as free to play on a new server as anybody else, you just can't expect your niche server type to get as much attention as the more popular server types.  And sorry to be rude, but the analogy is fitting. You can still have a lot of fun with training wheels.

Not a niche server type. You should see the PvE and PvP servers that are always empty. FYI, this type is popular with new players, it's the devs interest to support it. 

12 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Why do you assume that your average Joe goes straight to multiplayer and decides to go straight to PvP? Is there a record for newbs who don't know the game and want to jump straight into PvP of a game that is released a while ago? I had plenty of ARK-related steam friends. Everyone started to play the game on an Unofficial or in singleplayer.

Assume, mate have you played any srot of a new game in the last 2-3 year. Games like this aren't designed to be played in single player. Ill just name a few to prove my example.  Every singe Call Of Duty, Black opps, any fps game, GTA, I can keep going if you want. While these games have single player mission 90% of the population buy the game and immediately go and play a few rounds of you guess it multiplayer.

So its not an Assumption as you pointed out by a guess based on previous data from games before it.  I never once said alpha are in fact evil, because funnily enough I am a zerg alpha tribe. so take that how ever you please

The game doesn't belong to the alpha testers. think of this as a business deal. we have already payed. Most of us paid very little for the game to test it. they now stand to make 3x as much per copy as ARK sold from game stores across the world. you know what that makes us in Dev eyes  nothing. we helped timed to move on to the more important money making option.

If you cant understand and see the basic reasoning behind this then there is no helping you. you should probably never start your own business

The thing that bothers me most about stuff like this is the lack of communication that Wildcard has with its player base. This is an issue that should have been addressed by now regardless of the reason. 

Doesn't matter if it's just a test run, server hosting issue or any potential reason there's so few servers up. There needs to be more communication from the Dev team to the player base.

These servers are too few? Sure, I see you guys crying about it, but have you bothered to check something out? Obelisks are no build areas on Ragnarok. Sooooo, think for five seconds. No obelisk turrets, no big turret house covering it. Sooo, think hard.

There is no possible way to stop transfers in and out. None. Except by leaving 100 gigas surrounding the obelisk. That might work.

Never ending PVP struggle to control that server. Never ending stream of griefers, cheaters, glitchers, and massive zerg armies to overrun the server.

On the daily.

Controlling one of those servers will be near impossible.

WC just created a rare resource to force everyone to PVP in a never ending battle.

Or maybe i am just the only person who sees this?

10 hours ago, spacejam said:

snipped for space

You did not even mention any reason that is logical.

"Muh Battlefield and Black Opps are multiplayer so ARK is one." I could go on an link you 10 videos why these games are the cancer of PC gaming with their multiplayer concept and everyone who plays them slowly chokes the PC market, but this is heavily off-topic. Also there are enough players who play GTA for the story. I have 120 hours in GTA V without touching Online and I don't wish to do so in the future.

And you have to understand that even if we paid already, we have a bigger impact on the game than potentual newbs. We can dictate how the game gonna roll. And if the majority of "unimportant alpha testers" bombard the reviews with justified negativity, because WC turned their back on us for some "potentual", meaning not even certain players, these players won't come in the numbers you believe they will.

But okay, I see where the wind's coming from. You claiming I can't understand basic reasoning while completely ignoring my reasoning because I don't agree with you literally makes this useless. I named enough arguments against your opinion, and you chose to ignore them completely, because you cannot counter them. You just come up with claims completely unrelated. And if you think that Activision and EA are masters at companying, ask yourself why they poo out soulles FPS games our every year since 10 years that all feel the same.

On 6/13/2017 at 6:29 AM, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Sadly devs feel like that we don't have enough intrest in one. Source :( 

Which seems ridculous cause we are like the only cluster that hits max pop with realiablity there are PvE servers that are always empty

OC pveRagnarok39 is also quite regularily 70/70. Don't assume unless you watch the pop count throughout a 24hr period.

On 13.6.2017 at 2:46 PM, GEonWAR said:

Not 210 players playing in Ragnarok, only 5-15. How?

Bunch of people put pillers and foundations everywhere so how 210 player playing?

Well, they are playing...

Ark_Server.thumb.JPG.5c85fac1380f5447fa019b9ce4e840cb.JPG

This really looks like they wanted to show something on the E3 and then add the minimum of what is possible. Just another hype, followed by disappointment.

And with more servers there wouldn't be so many pillars on the few servers, it would spread more out and wouldn't be that big of a problem. And I know thats no solution to the pillar problem.

On 6/13/2017 at 5:20 PM, TheLastNerb said:

There needs to be less official servers... Official server usually get max 20 people. Official PvP servers are dead...

Unofficial PVP is effectively what people play because of the Chinese, Alpha tribes etc.

Official PVE is what people tend to play because you have the security in that all your hard work will always be there, don't have to worry about corrupt admins, favoritism, etc.

I spent 18 months working on my city/base on mine, not something I could do on an unofficial as how would I know for certainty they won't shut their server down, or if they're renting, they won't stop payments.

On 6/13/2017 at 4:12 PM, spacejam said:

Assume, mate have you played any srot of a new game in the last 2-3 year. Games like this aren't designed to be played in single player. Ill just name a few to prove my example.  Every singe Call Of Duty, Black opps, any fps game, GTA, I can keep going if you want. While these games have single player mission 90% of the population buy the game and immediately go and play a few rounds of you guess it multiplayer.

So its not an Assumption as you pointed out by a guess based on previous data from games before it.  I never once said alpha are in fact evil, because funnily enough I am a zerg alpha tribe. so take that how ever you please

The game doesn't belong to the alpha testers. think of this as a business deal. we have already payed. Most of us paid very little for the game to test it. they now stand to make 3x as much per copy as ARK sold from game stores across the world. you know what that makes us in Dev eyes  nothing. we helped timed to move on to the more important money making option.

If you cant understand and see the basic reasoning behind this then there is no helping you. you should probably never start your own business

Honestly, single player is both depressing and I find myself playing and thinking, "Why am I playing with some self-enforced ruleset when I can easily just use the console commands?".

Archived